December 2020 Moms
Options

GTKY Monday 5/25

Alright ladies, we all have something were afraid of. What is your greatest fear or phobia? 

Re: GTKY Monday 5/25

• Options
    I’ll start. I have many things I’m afraid of lol but my major ones are I have a crazy fear of heights, clowns and spiders. All make me freak out.
  • Options
    Snakes and spiders 🙈🐍🕷
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Being in a car crashing in water and then being trapped while it’s sinking. I have a problem even seeing it in a movie. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    Mannequins! I know, it’s a weird one. But I literally have to avoid getting too close to them when shopping because they trigger a physical reaction.  
  • Options
    sierra2020 omg I LOVE snakes lol I used to pack my friends Boa constrictor wrapped around my neck and body haha. 

Dreamscapes_ wow! this would be soo scary. I've thought about that too. 
  • Options
    I’m afraid of loosing my doggo because he tends to bolt off leash and no amount of obedience training can fix it. And creepy crawly things aka bugs and spiders 
  • Options
    I’m kinda scared of birds. When I was a kid we had a birdhouse in our backyard and they’d dive bomb down at my dog and drive him nuts. Also a few years ago I was chased and attacked by one at work. Lol. It was so hilariously scary because nobody was around to see it. At the zoo I will not even go in the birds exhibit, that’s my husbands job now. 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 no no no 🙈 That’s terrifying!
  • Options
    Deathly afraid of spiders, have a completely irrational fear of walking down stairs but will go up easily (going down I clutch the railing) and also hate to admit it - i am afraid of the dark. A pitch black room is a nightmare. 
  • Options
    @shelmcclel I feel ya on the pitch black room. I have a fear of the dark also. I hate it and its eerie. 
  • Options
    I’m afraid of the dark as well! And being home alone at night. My H travels for work a lot so when he’s gone I always sleep with the TV on.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    I do not like the dark when I’m alone either. When my husband was working nights years ago, I’d leave the kitchen lights on and leave my bedroom door open or just sleep with the tv on. 
  • Options
    Being helpless. I am stubborn and independent and if I ever lose that it'll be rough.
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    Bugs, in particular roaches, spiders, and bees/wasps. In recent years I've gotten a bit better with spiders and bees as long as we have an understanding (i.e. stay in your corner/space and leave me alone). Roaches, however, absolutely terrify me. I'm so scared of them I can't even kill them, requires getting too close.

Also unsafe heights (if there's a railing or something to hold on to I'm ok), aliens (any alien movie is terrifying...yet oddly I loved watching "The X-Files" as a kid), and death. I'm not religious and unsure what "comes next", but the logical part of me can't quite believe in an afterlife and I have a hard time conceptualizing just not existing anymore.
  • Options
    Heights are probably my biggest fear. I definitely dont like being in the dark alone and I'm not a fan of bugs but I wouldn't say that's really a fear, more so a strong dislike. Haha 

@willashbaby I can definitely  relate to that!
  • Options
    @laurenspdx ok, I've been thinking about this for a bit now and need to know exactly what it is about mannequins that your afraid of? Lol I've never heard of that before. I'm intrigued to know. 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 Bahaha! I can’t explain it, it’s a true phobia - like not based in anything rational and completely a physical reaction. Also get it with wax figures and people dressed as mascots or characters. It’s called automatonophobia. So weird I know 😂
  • Options
    @akoros same for the aliens! I can not watch x files,  or shows about aliens or i get nightmares for weeks.  I was terrified as child that their was an alien watching me from the attic (the access door was in my room) oddly enough i'm not scared of superhero aliens like thor or superman...
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    I caught some of an alien documentary and then a movie as a child and it scarred me. I started sleeping with my covers over my ears because in the movie they did something to ears. So I’m another in the anti-alien camp. 
  • Options
    I'm afraid of being in deep water. The idea of deep sea scuba diving with an oxygen tank and all that scares the crap out of me. 

@akoros I wasn't scared of aliens until I watched The Fourth Kind and now I definitely am. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    @babymakes9 The movie Signs was incredibly terrifying for me. It's a stupid movie, and everyone talks about it being stupid, but it scared the crap out of me. Superheroes don't count, the scariest are the little green men (why? I don't know)

@JBcakes08 Note to self: never watch "The Fourth Kind". Got it.
  • Options
    @JBcakes08 *shudder* agree on the scuba diving! It terrifies me, too. Plus the idea of getting the bends is so scary!
  • Options
    Cotton balls. 
    It’s a legitimate phobia- 90% irrational but I just CANNOT with them. 
    @laurenspdx right there with you with the random fear 🙄 

• Options
    Oceans, heights, being kidnapped/murdered, puking, storms. 

When I was younger my anxiety was insane. I was scared of all of the above + clowns, fireworks, mascots, and so much more. I would freak out and have a full on anxiety attack if I experienced any of these things. My mom would get gas, she was right next to the car but I would have to hide on the floor of the car in fear that someone would steal me 😅 it’s gotten a little better but my anxiety is crazy when it comes to these things 😂
  • Options
    @the_road_to_oz. Cotton balls man!  My husband laughs at me every time, but those things are horrible!  When it comes packed in the top of a medicine bottle, the worst!!