Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 5/27

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTO Wednesday 5/27

• Sorry to disappoint y'all

Month/Cycle: 3 years

CD: 1 

WAYDTGKU: HIO with Conceive+, PNV, vitamin D & E, probiotic, DHA, DH on multivitamin and CoQ10

R/R: woke up, went to the bathroom before my shower and boom she was there in my underwear. Shucks. Should have better sperm this time around since I think it's been almost 3 months since I had DH start his supplements. Also I plan on hardcore following GF and DF in the TWW because I can't help but wonder if a little bit around that time when the embryo needs to inplant will prevent it.

CS/Q: nothing exciting. My temp actually went up from yesterday but our a/c isn't on so it's like 80 in the house. I was slightly hopeful this morning until my bathroom visit.

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • bows22bows22 member
    lurking from tww 

ugh @inthewoods23 this sucks. I had such a good feeling. I’m sorry!! Do something (or a lot of somethings) nice for yourself today 
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 I'm SO sorry about CD 1! I'm rooting for you so hard! <3

Month/Cycle: 4/5
    CD: 3
    WAYDTGKU: BBT charting, CM tracking, OPKs, Prenatals and B6
    R/R: I cleaned my house overnight last night because I couldn't sleep. My dad is going to be here in a little over an hour with a new laptop which I'm SUPER excited about! My old laptop is NOT having a good time. I'm working on trying to get everything together for finals this week and I got 100% on my ethics term paper! I'm so happy that even though things seem to be falling apart I'm keeping it together. I also have my MRI for my knee tomorrow and my follow up on Monday. Hopefully we figure out what's going on.
    CS/Q: nope

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• mvt2003mvt2003 member
    *lurking from TWW* 

@inthewoods23 Noooooooo I was waiting and hoping today! Sending you <3<3<3 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @bows22 thanks. I might actually try some yoga for period pain and see if it helps! Also so I get in at least one session of yoga this week  :D

@ashaislurking hope you get some answers from your MRI

@mvt2003 frankly I'm glad she was there the moment I woke up instead of showing up at like 4pm. That's when it really sucks because you go through most of the day thinking maybe it's actually worked then poof!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Oh @inthewoods23 I’m so sorry to see you here...definitely do a little extra self care today!

@ashaislurking yay for a new laptop!

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, OPKs, temping, tracking CM, progesterone after O

R/R: I’ve had a slightly frustrating morning! But I think everything seems to be figured out so that’s good at least. So after my last CP, my doctor referred me for some bloodwork to make sure I don’t have any autoimmune issues going on. I didn’t end up going, but now that a month has passed I figured it’s best to have all the information possible moving forward! I went to get it done this morning and they had never sent the info over to the lab (ugh). When I called my doctor, the nurse told me that I had to come into the office, not go to the lab (even though the nurse I talked to YESTERDAY told me otherwise). So long story short, now I have a bloodwork appointment this afternoon. I hate getting blood drawn, and usually try to do it in the morning to lessen my anxiety, so I hate having to wait all day. At least it’ll be done though!

CS/Q:

• @inthewoods23 Boo I am so sorry you are over here. FX the better sperm and strict diet will do the trick.

@ashaislurking Yay for a new laptop and congrats on your 100! Keep us posted about your knee, hope you get some answers.

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: Hoping for a miracle and deciding on next steps for next cycle.

R/R: The RE appointment yesterday did not go well, but at least we have answers now (the answer being that we will be very unlikely to get pregnant without assistance). We are still processing and luckily have a little bit of time (a couple weeks) to decide if we want to go forward with treatment for next cycle. I did a happy hour (minus the happy for me, lol) video chat with some work friends last night, and it was nice to see everyone but also really hard to not be able to discuss really the only thing I care about right now. 

CS/Q: Nah

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• asf0613asf0613 member
    just lurking today but had to pop in to say sorry @inthewoods23 i was so confident for you!!! hope you are kind to yourself today
  • @legallykate I’m so sorry that the appointment didn’t go well. Know that whatever decision you make will be the right one for you. Sending hugs your way friend ❤️ 
  • @runningoncookies my self care on CD1 is always making sure I have enough ibuprofen to keep cramps at bay  :D hope the BW goes smooth. Drink lots of water!

@legallykate definitely don't feel you need to rush to make a decision. Take the time you need to discuss with YH and make sure you're both on the same page.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Month/Cycle: 12/11/benched 2 cycles early 2020 

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: bbt, opks, coq10, alpha lipoic acid, baby asprin, PNVs. Fertility consult with OB june 9th. 

R/R: I was able to get a ton done yesterday! My car was a mess after our trip this weekend, so i cleaned my car top, to bottom, inside and out! I also did a ton of cleaning around the house, but thats less exciting, since thats an everyday thing.. My little brother has a semi scary trip to the ER after having leg pain and numbness, and passed out in the waiting room. But he is discharged now,  they thought it was something to do with his nerves. My poor mom was a nervous wreck because they wouldnt let her go inside due to covid, and had to wait in the parking lot. Im so glad that everything is okay. My family has had some pretty serious medical scares/deaths through the past few years, so there is trauma there. I am feeling a little better ttc today, productivity helps my mind alot, it makes me feel like I have control over something in my life. Hope you guys have a good day! 

CS/Q: not much to see yet

@inthewoods23 Sorry about AF. Its so not fair that your temps were misleading.. Thats great about DHs supplements! What is he taking? I can barely get DH to take his mens multivitamin every day without nagging him.. Im hoping the DF.GF diet helps. That is a ton of work to keep up with that! Thankfully there are alot of options now for those diet needs. 

@ashaislurking YAY! for a new laptop! its so frustrating to have to work on one that doesnt work well! Hope you get answers about your knee soon! 

@runningoncookies Im sorry that you had a frustrating morning! Its so annoying when there isnt good communication with your medical team. I hope the blood work goes well. 

@legallykate Im sorry that your appt with your RE did not go well. I read your post in IF. I hope you come to a decision that is best for you. 

• @photographerwife yeah the diet really hasn't been too bad at all. And thankfully I don't have to worry about cross contamination as if I had an allergy. DH is taking a gummy multivitamin from SmartyPants. He hates giant horse pills so this works for him. And the CoQ10 pill smaller than a thumbnail so he's not fussy about it.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • asf0613asf0613 member
    @legallykate somehow missed your post.  Very sorry to hear about your appointment  that's such unsettling news to hear and i can't imagine how you're feeling.  
  • Omg you guys. I just got back from my BW and seriously my luck is just something else today! So the good thing is I did not pass out which I’m very proud of! Here’s how it went: I get to the office, go back, they draw blood, I leave. I get literally one minute down the road and they call me back because they didn’t draw enough tubes...come on people!! Honestly I just thought it was a little funny and wanted to share now that I’m sitting here with a bag of ice on my double stabbed arm. 
  • @runningoncookies omg noooo how could they do that?!?!  :D How TF do they screw that up?? My clinic sort of did that to me when I went in for my first baseline BW. They only forgot vitamin D, and realized it when I started my first IUI.

I have no idea how it works... but do they use a vial for each and every test or do they use the same vial for multiple tests? Like do they draw half the blood for one test and use the rest for another?  :D I'm so clueless lol.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 right?? I have no idea how it works either! I made a joke when I went back in about how they didn’t take enough blood the first time and she said “Well I took enough but I’m missing a tube”. So I’m thinking each vial goes through a different process/test haha
  • Thanks all for the support  <3

@photographerwife That is super scary about your brother, I am so glad he is okay!

@runningoncookies That is wild, it is not reassuring that she was “just missing a tube”!

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• ashaislurkingashaislurking member
    edited May 2020
    Took me FOREVER to get my new laptop up and running, and TB mobile site SUCKS so I'm just getting to these now, sorry. I'm awful at keeping up with things.
    @runningoncookies I'm sorry you had anxiety about your appointment for blood work, but I agree that it's good to have the information. Needing to get stabbed multiple times SUCKS. That's my life almost every time I get an IV start or blood work, so I feel your pain. I'm glad you didn't pass out!
    @legallykate I'm sorry you got the news that it's unlikely that you'll be able to get pregnant without assistance. Take the time you need to process it. I'm sending you lots of love!
    @photographerwife Horray for productivity! I hope your brother recovers well! That is scary.

Edited to add: My MRI appointment is in about 6 hours. Fingers crossed it goes well!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @legallykate saw your update. So sorry that the answers were hard ones. I hope you and your H are able to lean on each other while you process the information and think about next steps. Thinking of you ♥️