January 2021 Moms

Week of 5/25 Group 1 Check-in (1/1/21-1/9/21)

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What TV shows have you been watching lately? 

Re: Week of 5/25 Group 1 Check-in (1/1/21-1/9/21)

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: January 3rd, 8+2

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: I think we'll be finding out this time

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 2x2 Lego piece

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound tomorrow

How are you feeling?: Completely exhausted.  I napped for 2 hours yesterday while my 3 year old napped and woke up feeling more tired.  That's why I hate napping but I feel like I need them now!

Rants/Raves: n/a

Questions: n/a

GTKY: What TV shows have you been watching lately? We just finished Ozark last night!  I'm looking for a new show to binge with DH.  Other than that I'm always up on my Bravo shows.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @feelingjovani I love Ozark! We binged the third season right when it came out. I think the next show SO and I might watch together will be Bloodline although that's a few years old.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    1/8, 7 weeks 4 days

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Finding out although some of you are making the surprise sound very tempting!! I just don't think we can do it :)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: "Baby's fingers and toes are forming" - still finding these hard to believe haha.

Upcoming appointments: June 4, telehealth intake appt with nurse.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, boobs still sore, still bloated sometimes, still messed up sleep from peeing in the middle of the night. Pretty hungry even right after I eat. Some dizziness especially which I get up at night. I took an amazing two hour nap Saturday!

Rants/Raves: After the 6 week u/s we decided to spill the beans to my parents this weekend and I told my two closest girlfriends...with the disclaimer that it's still early. I was hesitant but feel pretty okay about it, they can just be more people thinking good thoughts for me over the next few weeks I guess.

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: What TV shows have you been watching lately? I feel like we watch a lot of TV, especially lately! We're on the last season of The Sopranos which I missed when it was on. I always have something I watch while I'm cooking/doing stuff in the kitchen and right now it's mostly Real Housewives of NY which I decided to watch ALL of when quarantine started. :# I'm on Season 5. Also on my own I'm watching Insecure, sometimes The Gilmore Girls (also a kitchen show), and Selling Sunset which is great if you're a fan of either The Hills or HGTV shows where people go shopping for huge mansions. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD: Jan 8; 7w4d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: peanut, I think.

Upcoming appointments: Not until Jun 12

How are you feeling?: On and off nauseous, napping (well, laying down) every afternoon, and ongoing annoying pregnancy rhinitis.

Rants/Raves: My "fix" for pregnancy rhinitis last week, nasal strips, did not work the remainder of the week. In fact, they made my nose more irritated. So I stopped using them. I try to sleep mostly upright with several pillows propping me up. That seems to help the most.

Questions: Is it ever too early to start kegel exercises? Did these work for any STMs?

GTKY: What TV shows have you been watching lately? Finished Picard. I think the new season of Discovery starts soon, so DH and I will watch that. Working on Medici (love that period of history). Started The Great, but not sure I'm into that show yet. My sister just shared her Disney + account, so may get into The Mandalorian.  
  • aels12aels12 member
    Sorry lurking (due 1/20) but @lavenderclouds I did kegels during and after my last two pregnancies and I had very smooth deliveries and recoveries. I don’t know if it was that but I’m doing them
    again just in case!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/4 (8+1)

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue: will find out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: the tail is gone!

Upcoming appointments: I have a second US Thursday 

How are you feeling?: nauseous all the time but I only have been sick once. Exhausted, way more than I remember with the first two - maybe age is catching up with me. 

Rants/Raves: we were supposed to leave for vacation tomorrow. We were taking the girls and heading to LA, then Yosemite for four days and then Disneyland. It was going to be our big fun trip before adding a new addition (we we were TTC when we booked). I am so incredibly bummed we aren’t going, and I don’t know when this trip will ever happen now. But I am grateful that as of today all of our money has been refunded. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What TV shows have you been watching lately? We just finished Outlander and loved it. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014

• @HappyFeet34 we had just gotten back from Disney and had casually planned to go this late summer / early fall. 😭
    @lavenderclouds in the infant section there is Little noses saline. It’s like ... pressurized does it doesn’t mist, it power washes. It works amazing on pregnancy rhinitis. 

• @whitealbum29 I've heard bloodline is pretty good...might have to check it out!  We hadn't watched any of Ozark until a few weeks ago and I'm so glad we started watching!

@HappyFeet34 I'm sorry about having to cancel your trip.  It really sucks.

@the_road_to_oz I hope you're feeling better, that sounds like a lot!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @happyfeet34 Ugh I'm sorry about your trip, it sounds like it was going to be a great one. I love LA and Yosemite sounds amazing. I hope you can get there as soon as possible! We were planning a trip to Portugal and possibly Greece this summer and now don't know when we'll do that. 
  • @the_road_to_oz Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely check it out. I hope you are feeling better. Glad to see your US went well. 
    @happyfeet34whitealbum29, we cancelled a Euro trip this summer. Bummer all around. DH and I are actually hoping we'll still be able to do a baby moon around month 6 or 7 (Sept-Oct) to Europe...if it's open and not in second wave?
    aels12. Hah, I don't think it's lurking if you're on the same board. Good to know they worked. I might start them. 
  • lemommalemomma member
    @lavenderclouds The Mandalorian is SO GOOD!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 
    8+2 according to lmp but I’m skeptical of due date until my scan 

FTM/STM/STM+: #4 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Will find out 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow!!!! I can’t wait to just know for sure and how far along I am and just you know put my mind at ease.

How are you feeling?: Pretty crumby. I have yet to throw up but I feel like it just makes it more constant when you can’t puke and move on. I’m also exhausted but who knows if it’s pregnancy related...I’ve been tired since 2011 since DS1

Rants/Raves: I have this unwavering feeling that I might have twins...it’s somewhat irrational because twins do not run in my family but something is different this time and I can’t put my finger on it. If it is twins though, I will not be able to have the birth center and midwives that I’m planning on but I suppose I’d get over it quickly. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What TV shows have you been watching lately? I’ve started rewatching greys anatomy...guilty pleasure I suppose. I feel like every time I’ve been pregnant I’ve started to watch it. Also started re watching supernatural. I feel like I need long series that I don’t need to pay attention to for when insomnia sets in. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @hippiegirl884 when the doctor said there may be two first I was excited, I’ve always wanted four kids but I honestly can’t imagine going through this again. Then my second thought was panic that it would change my birth plan. I did hypnobabies with my second and had the most amazing labor (for me) it was so peaceful I didn’t realize I was in labor until it was too late and she ended up being born in a parking lot with some complications. Now that I know better I was looking forward to going that route (minus the parking lot) again this time. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 2, 8w4d

FTM/STM/STM+: Fourth Time Mom

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Green for the fourth time

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a peanut M&M

Upcoming appointments: Computer meeting with potential midwife next week

How are you feeling?: Nauseous AF

Rants/Raves: I’m so tired and so nauseous. Ughhhhhhh. But hey! We listed our house yesterday and it sold once FIVE HOURS. Whaaaat!

Questions: Anyone know of good tried-and-true ab exercises? Mine are so weak after three pregnancies and not exercising enough, I really feel like it’s going to become an issue.

GTKY: What TV shows have you been watching lately? We are rewatching Vikings because we never watched the final season and wanted a refresher, and we always love watching Top Chef.
  • Update : No twins!! I go for my real prenatal appointment June 24th and I’ll be about 12 weeks!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 4, 8w4d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/blue: we’ll be finding out.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I think the tail is almost gone? 

Upcoming appointments: had my first appt and US this week, next appt is telehealth just to check in.

How are you feeling?: Constantly nauseated, tired, unmotivated. Don’t know how much of it is pregnancy related and how much is the 11 weeks of quarantine.

Rants/Raves: it’s getting really hard to keep up with work, I have so little energy. I’m also feeling guilty because I haven’t been a fun mom lately, all I can manage is laying down on the couch.

Questions: 

GTKY: What TV shows have you been watching lately? Just restarted Jane the Virgin. I saw the first season years ago.