December 2020 Moms

5.26 - 5.30 Weekly Randoms

I’m going to take out the weekend randoms and just do weekly ones mainly because I keep forgetting to post it twice a week lol
DS born 2016

Re: 5.26 - 5.30 Weekly Randoms

• jbal918jbal918 member
    edited May 2020
    @bearmomma1 Be careful because hotdogs are on the no list for pregnancy along with cold cuts
    ETA - Although I didn’t know with DS and I ate some even though I never eat them  
    DS born 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • jchpgjchpg member
    @bearmamma1 and @jbal918 indeed hotdogs are on the no no list for risk of listeria, but if you make them yourself and make sure they reach 160F you are OK! I’ve been craving them and just making sure to take a thermometer and make sure they hit at least 160 and stay there for a while! 

Enjoy the meal, it sounds delicious! 
  • I like my hotdogs practically almost burnt anyway so I’m safe lol. 
  • jbal918jbal918 member
    @BmcD2016 Haha my Dad only eats them if they basically look like charcoal lol

@jchpg Good to know because I craved one the other day on the BBQ but didn’t eat it... in non-pregnancy, I hate them lol
    DS born 2016
  • Yes thanks for the warning! They will definitely be fully cooked!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• karmbakarmba member
    @bearmomma1 I was the one with the Portillo's craving!  I hope you and your H enjoy them - the chocolate cake sounds good too, I may need to search for a recipe.  Getting Italian beef is part of our plans for the weekend.  Randomly, there is a Rosati's in Maryland about an hour from us, so we're making the trek out there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• I feel like the very hungry caterpillar today. I ate chicken salad on crackers but I ran out. So I tried pimento cheese on crackers, but that didn’t taste good. So I had pineapple, but had enough. Then tried cold pizza, but it’s not hitting the spot. So now I don’t know what I’m going to eat through next. 
  • akorosakoros member
    edited May 2020
    I feel like my boobs are busting out of my dress today. My clothes in general have been ok so far, but this is the first day I looked in the mirror and thought they looked bigger. One benefit of working from home and it being spring/summer is that I have a bunch of sundresses that I can technically wear braless (normally I wear a bra anyway for support, but if I'm not leaving the house IDGAF). Husband isn't complaining one bit.

I've been eating hot dogs, and some deli meat (to be fair, I don't like cold deli meat, so I heat my sandwiches anyway). It's a "no no" for the listeria risk, but frankly there's listeria risk in so many things (like cantaloupe, eggs, salads, etc). 

@BmcD2016 The past couple of days I've been like that, nothing we had particularly appealed to me. That is, until my husband suggested pasta and meatballs for dinner yesterday, I demolished that.
  • @BmcD2016 ah I wish I had chicken salad right now...
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• There is this place called Chicken Salad Chick and all they do is different kinds of chicken salad and pimento cheese. I have to drive to Fort Worth to get it but it’s so worth it. 
  • karmbakarmba member
    @BmcD2016 I love that place!  I wish the franchise would come north - it was a favorite when I traveled in the south for work.

Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014

• Does anyone know of any back pain creams or rubs that are safe to use on the skin during pregnancy? My back aches everyday all day long and I’m in so much pain and it’s going to make me irritable and miserable soon. I can’t even imagine what my back will feel like once I actually have a big belly with weight to pack around. 
  • akorosakoros member
    edited May 2020
    I highly recommend Pact's Fit & Flare Midi dress. So comfy, allows me to not wear a bra, and **pockets**! I'd probably prefer if it was more of an empire waist than "fit", but it's stretchy enough that it's still comfortable. Facebook's advertising algorithm has me pegged, but I'm totally happy with the purchase so I suppose I can't complain. I'm short, so it comes to my ankles rather than "midi" (which is ok with me, I can't pull off a midi length)
  • @mindyb2019 I don’t know of any creams, but Tylenol and Tylenol extra strength are listed in my dr’s list. Also now might be a good time to look into a maternity belt, they can be as important as wearing a good bra. 
  • @BmcD2016 damn. I don’t know if any creams either :( maybe there isn’t any that are safe. I actually was just looking online and on amazon for a maternity belt. Do you know of any good ones you can recommend? 
  • I used Belly Bandit with my last and will again for this one. It even had a pocket in the back for an (included) cold/ hot pack. I did buy a different style this time though and I don’t know if it has that pocket because it’s still in the box 😬
  • @mindyb2019 What about just a hot pack? They do sell some that attach around your back so you can move around with it on (I’ve had slipped disc issues so I’m very familiar sadly). Otherwise your doctor may be the best person to clarify whether a topical cream or lidocaine patch is safe.
  • @mindyb2019 I have sciatica and the back pain in all of my pregnancies is horrible! I use the Thermacare heat wraps. I also second the recommendation for the Belly Bandit. Good luck!  
  • jbal918jbal918 member
    Anyone else having a hard time keeping up with water intake? Same happened with DS and at 16 weeks I wound up in the ER with a UTI and dehydration 🤦🏽‍♀️ Definitely trying to avoid that again. Any tips or tricks? I’ve added fruit to it and bought diet Snapple for the low carbs since I don’t drink caffeinated coffee right now anyways 
    DS born 2016
  • @jbal918 I know it’s not recommended to use artificial sweeteners, but I’ve been making crystal light and keeping in a pitcher in the fridge. They do make a version with truvia if you’re uncomfortable with aspartame. 
  • @akoros omg that dress looks perfect! And being so long it wouldn’t become a mini dress when the bump grows lol 
  • @jbal918 I have an extra large nalgene water bottle that I fill in the morning and carry around all day. I try to get through one and a half total bottles at least. It just helps keep better track of how much I’ve actually had. If I notice it’s still really full at like 2PM, I know I have to drink faster. 
  • karmbakarmba member
    @jbal918 I use a yeti so that my water stays cold for a super long time.  I just keep refilling it during the day.  When I'm actually at work, I drink more water when I use a cup with a straw.  Maybe switch up water bottles and see what works for you?  There are also a few different apps that will send you notifications to drink water, if that would help.  

Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014

• @gh1219 I’m sorry you had to hear some bad and weird news. That’s sad. On the positive, I’m glad everything is ok with baby now. 
  • @gh1219 I’m sorry there was and with the good, is this something your future generations can be tested for to see if they carry it? Thankfully there are lots of advances in the genetics world! 
  • jbal918jbal918 member
    @shelmcclel @laurenspdx @karmba I’m try anything! I have to do a 24 hour urine sample tomorrow for MFM and I know I need to drink tons 
    DS born 2016
  • jbal918jbal918 member
    I have my NIPT testing on Tuesday and I’m just nervous because that’s always me lol... How long did it take you all to get your results back?
    DS born 2016
  • @jbal918 - mine took 8 days this time (including a weekend and Memorial Day, so about 5 working days) and 7 days last time (also 5 working days).  My OB uses the Quest QNATL.
  • jbal918jbal918 member
    @gh1219 I’m so sorry
    DS born 2016
  • jbal918jbal918 member
    @luckypenny11 and @laurenspdx That seems like ages haha but it could be worse! I’m just impatient  lol
    DS born 2016
  • @gh1219 I’m sorry there was bad with the good, is this something your future generations can be tested for to see if they carry it? Thankfully there are lots of advances in the genetics world! 
  • akorosakoros member
    @jbal918 I'm terrible at hydrating in general, and am trying but I don't think I'm doing much better. I'll have "good days" where I drink what I should and feel all accomplished, but then I have days where I know I'm vastly under-hydrating. I have a bottle that I know I need to drink 4-5 fills a day to help me measure, and have stocked up on Spindrift (flavored seltzer, but it's only flavored with juice) and sparkling water (I'll add lemon juice or macerated berries and herbs) for when I really can't handle more plain water. I'm also going to try and take advantage of summer fruits and make agua frescas.

@gh1219 I'm sorry for the mixed news (but that's great that this baby is fine!). The good thing is that you and your family/descendants all know and can get tests and be prepared.