January 2021 Moms

PGAL Check-In 5/25

This thread is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child.  

How far along are you? 

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? 

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: What is your favorite “me time” activity.
April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

Re: PGAL Check-In 5/25

• aels12aels12 member
    How far along are you? 5w5d

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. My second pregnancy was a missed miscarriage, we found out at my first ultrasound, I should have been about 11 weeks but baby stopped growing at 9. 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I am terrified for my first appt, there weren’t really any signs that anything was wrong with my loss so it completely blindsided us. In general I’m just trying not to think too much about anything. This my 4th pregnancy, we had a successful 3rd (he is now one), so the loss isn’t quite as fresh this time but PGAL brain never really goes away. 

Any upcoming appointments? June 18th, I should be about 9 weeks, it’s also kind of messing with me that things could possibly look ok at the ultrasound and then not the next day since that’s the timing of our loss. 

GTKY: What is your favorite “me time” activity. I like to craft- I have a silhouette cameo and I make shirts and signs etc. I also like just getting outside and walking my dogs. 
  • How far along are you? 5 weeks

I had a blighted ovum in November at 8 weeks. It was the week of Thanksgiving and I opted for the D&C to help move on. My HCG levels also stayed elevated for 8-10 weeks after and it was tough having to keep going back for weekly blood draws. 

With my DS (now 4) I had very mild symptoms, mostly fatigue. Things were similar with the pregnancy that ended in a loss, and I feel the same now too. Just trying to not get my hopes up. <- a pretty depressing feeling when this should be a really happy and exciting time. 

Virtual OB appointment on June 9. 

I enjoy running. It helps to clear my mind and keeps me active despite having a desk job. 
  • Loading the player...
  • savykaysavykay member
    How far along are you? 4w 4d

I had a super uncomplicated first pregnancy, made it half way through, saw our little boy in the anatomy scan and left with our doctor saying, “Everything looks perfect!” Then two weeks later I went into labor at 22w 2d. It was so fast they couldn’t stop it, and still don’t know why it happened. He was born premature and didn’t survive (we actually spent today visiting his grave, which was nice.) When given the okay to try again we tried for a year before getting pregnant, then miscarrying at 7 weeks. I should note that I have since had four healthy children because I take progesterone injections from 16-36 weeks, and my cervix is closely monitored just to be safe. But each pregnancy has DH and I nervous the whole way through. 

Some waves of nausea have come and gone, pretty tired, and the normal amount of anxiety waiting for my first appointment. 

Any upcoming appointments? Not until July 1. 😩

GTKY: What is your favorite “me time” activity. I love yoga, running, and listening to audio books. Also, sleep. 
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• How far along are you? 8+2

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. I got my BFP this past Thanksgiving.  When I was almost 8 weeks I passed a large clot, went to see the midwife who said I miscarried.  Got my HCG done and it was going up so I had to go back for an ultrasound but had to wait because at this point it was Christmas.  Was told I miscarried and took misoprostol.  It took weeks for the bleeding to stop and for my HGC to finally go back to zero which was just a crappy reminder.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I had some bleeding two weeks ago at 6+2 and went in for an ultrasound.  They didn't see the heart beat so I'm going back tomorrow.  I've been trying to go about life as if it's fine but I'm so anxious to go tomorrow.

Any upcoming appointments? Ultrasound tomorrow.

GTKY: What is your favorite “me time” activity. I love baking and crafting with my Cricut.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • savykaysavykay member
    @feelingjovani lots of T&P for you and your appointment tomorrow. I hope they find a sweet sticky baby with a strong hb.  <3

• @savykay thank you!  I've been having symptoms on and off so I'm hoping that the bleeding was just a fluke and everything is okay.  I'm just ready to get that ultrasound!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • aels12aels12 member
    @feelingjovani thinking of you, fingers crossed for a good strong heartbeat tomorrow!

• How far along are you? 8+5

2 mcs in the last year after 3 successful pregnancies. 

Struggling with morning sickness. Very much looking forward to bejng out of the first trimester. 

Next Tuesday. One more appt and quick ultrasound before we move!

I love to read. Made a Goodreads goal of 100 books this year and am sort of on track.
    @feelingjovani  thinking of you! Keep us posted- the wait to appointments is excruciating.
  • amm126amm126 member
    How far along are you? 5 weeks 3 days

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. I had my IUD taken out in November and got pregnant right away. I started bleeding on Christmas Day and found out on New Years Eve that I had a chemical pregnancy

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Emotionally I am very anxious, physically I am nauseous and having headaches off and on. 

Any upcoming appointments? I need to call and schedule one still

GTKY: What is your favorite “me time” activity. Reading or listening to an audiobook. 
  • @aels12 @kat11223344 thanks so much!  The waiting is the hardest part and it was supposed to be today but they called last week and rescheduled till Wednesday.  Only a day, but it makes all the difference in nerves!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This thread is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child.  

How far along are you? 8w 5days

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. 2 very early losses in the last 18 months. Turned out my tubes were blocked so the RE thinks they might have been ectopic and self resolved. 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Much better. On medication for HG, and the fact I HAVE HG I am finding reassuring now that I have it under control. The only other pregnancy I had it with was my son. 
    I guess I’m also feeling petty good about this pregnancy purely superstition- I had two losses before my son. I had two losses before this pregnancy so. Obviously. It’s going to end in a take home baby. I am also reassured that they found why I was probably having losses and it’s not an issue this time

Any upcoming appointments? Had one today- I REALLY like my new obgyn and everything was perfect 

GTKY: What is your favorite “me time” activity. Taking a bath with a good book. 

• This thread is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child. How far along are you? 6w5d Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. I had an early loss in March How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Lots of nausea and MS is getting worse. So exhausted all the time. Any upcoming appointments? My first appointment is next week June 5th I’ve kind of been holding my breath until that first ultrasound GTKY: What is your favorite “me time” activity. Baths, gardening or watching a good show.

• @feelingjovani thinking of your appointment today!

• savykaysavykay member
    @feelingjovani thinking about you and your ultrasound today, I hope it goes well!❤️

• savykaysavykay member
    @feelingjovani YES! Such great news! 

• aels12aels12 member
    @feelingjovani yay!! So happy for you!!
  • @feelingjovani yay yay yay! So glad it went well and you got to see it! 

• nuttytnuttyt member
    @feelingjovani wooow thats beautiful news. Am so very happy for you!
  • Thank you all so much for your support!  It's so nice to know we're all looking out for each other!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Checking in here, too, for the first time since I joined. 

How far along are you?
    Not far - 4 +5

Miscarriage of 2nd pregnancy at just under 8 weeks in Jan 2018

Physically I am fine, I have zero symptoms yet. Mentally, slightly nervous that I have no symptoms, but it’s so early. Still have not allowed myself to be excited since I know what all can go wrong, which is messed up. 

1st appointment is 6/23

Does sleeping count?  I really like to work out, but I haven’t done that in awhile, so I would either say that or woodworking. I love to make furniture!
  • @BuckeyeNut05 that’s how I feel too. I want to be excited, but until I have the first US and actually see a baby I am nothing but a ball of anxious nerves. :(
  • @krisspy22 I get it. Strange enough, I’m not anxious, but numb.  Still doesn’t feel great.