Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 5.25

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 5.25

• Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, prenatals + B6, BBT charting, CM tracking 

R/R: I'm pissed that AF didn't show until 18DPO. I got two BFNs this weekend (one Friday, one Sunday) so I knew for sure she'd show I just didn't know when. 

CS/Q: nope
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @ashaislurking Sorry about CD1. And that is a crazy long LP, what a mindf*ck  :(

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Temping, OPKs, monitoring CM, taking a billion vitamins, trying to eat healthy and abstain from alcohol, progesterone after O (upping to 400mg/day this cycle), meeting with RE tomorrow, HIO EOD and then ED once I get a positive OPK

R/R: Hope everyone is enjoying the extra weekend day as much as possible under the circumstances. I am working some today since I will probably end up taking the whole afternoon off tomorrow for my appointment, depending on how long we are there and how emotionally taxing it is. Would love to hear anyone's experiences with initial consult with an RE, I think he is just going to talk to us and go over my test results and then also do an u/s but not 100% sure. Hoping to spend some time today just chilling though, going to grab takeout lunch with my mom I think (DH is working his normal 5-1 today). 

CS/Q: 

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Loading the player...
  • Good morning!!

@ashaislurking I'm sorry about CD1. 18 dpo?? I would've been going insane. 

@legallykate I'm planning to do some work today too, but only an hour or two. That's nice that you're seeing your mom for lunch! 

Month/Cycle: 13/11

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: pnv, BBT, EOD and conceive plus. I don't have any opks right now or I'd probably be doing those too! 

R/R: I had a big temp dip this morning so I'm hoping o is happening soon. Anyone else having issues with your feet/legs? I think being barefoot at home almost all the time is affecting my feet. Wearing a new pair of shoes around the house today which feels weird bc we are strictly no shoes in the house people. 

CS/Q: none. 

• asf0613asf0613 member
    @ashaislurking sorry for CD1
    @legallykate i hope you have a really productive and informative appointment tomorrow, and that work flies by for you today

Month/Cycle: 6/5 since loss

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, temping, OPKs, and this cycle probably begging on my hands and knees to HIO more

R/R: AF immediately followed my BFN yesterday, and she is here with a vengeance, so i polished off a nice bottle of wine for the occasion.  yesterday we returned the faulty tool chest i mentioned over in TWW (they wouldn't deliver so we had to bring old one to store to swap, but luckily it fit in my car on its own).  today we are having 2-3 friends over for burgers and ill hopefully get to install my garden fence if they don't linger too long and the weather holds.

CS/Q: well, another 11 day LP for the books.  has anyone tried the Proov test strips that test PdG?  i've been doing a ton of reading over the past day on LPD and came across these.  i realize they are no substitute for doing actual bloodwork measuring progesterone levels, but i'm wondering if they are a relatively inexpensive way to determine if everything is okay and just taking time to get KU or if i should talk further with doc about considering testing within next few cycles.  it might just help me feel better knowing i'm doing everything i can that makes sense to look into at this stage.  FWIW, the kit at $40 is cheaper than the $50 copay to have a zoom chat with my doctor.  would love to hear if anyone has experience with these

• Month/Cycle: 12/11/benched 2 cycles early 2020

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: BBT, opks, baby asprin, coq10, alpha lipoic acid, PNVs. Fertility consult with OB June 

R/R: we had a nice weekend at the motor cross track. It was hot, but never really rained, thankfully! I’m glad to be home though. It’s so weird, how we enjoy traveling, but always LOVE coming home. We got back yesterday evening, unpacked and I slept wonderfully in my own bed. I think we’re going to cook some burgers and relax around the house today. Af was fairly easy to keep up with in the camper. I started using soft discs a couple of months ago, and really like them. I was having a ton of issues with the cup, so if you are too, try them! I think there is a brand called flex too. 

CS/Q: I haven’t started temping yet, I had an alarm set this am, but was in a coma. 😂

@legallykate enjoy lunch with your mom! No advice on the re, but I hope all is well. 

@ashaislurking sorry about CD 1, that 18 dpo is a mind fu**! I’m sorry:/ 

@_orchid_ we are no shoes inside people too! Do you have hard floors? I know that used to hurt my feet going from shoes to that. We have all hard floor in my house, and my feet definitely had to adjust! 

@asf0613 sorry about AF:/ I haven’t tried those strips. But I did find a company called modern fertility that does bloodwork for fertility. Probably cheaper than a doc too, I think it’s like $189 ish to do the tests. It just came across on of my fb ads on day. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• @photographerwife we have hard floors. I've been wearing socks inside until about 2 weeks ago and didn't realize what a difference they made! I have high arches and I guess being barefoot like 95% of the day is not good. Jealous of your weekend and your camper! Do you guys take it out often? I'm the same way about coming home. No matter what time we get home I unpack everything before we go to sleep. 

@asf0613 sorry to see you over here. I'd probably skip the test and go right to the Dr- if they show you're low progesterone you'll still have to go get bloodworm, and then you'll be out the $40. Do you think you'd don't the results if they show your progesterone is ok? I could see myself getting an ok result and then doubting it. 
  • asf0613asf0613 member
    @_orchid_ i guess that's a good point.  i'll probably second guess it anyway because that is the way of things.  last i spoke to my doctor we discussed the benefits of waiting a few more cycles (didn't have to quite be a year), so i take a cycle to think about it
  • @asf0613 I'm impressed you could read that with all the typos - mobile bumping is the worst! Knowing how much I squint and try to analyze opks and hpts, I am cautious about any home test - I just drive myself nuts!
  • @_orchid_ I have Ugg slippers that I wear around the house and I think the cushion definitely helps (we have hard floors in most of our main areas too).

@asf0613 Sorry for AF, glad you enjoyed some wine! I didn’t ever do any progesterone testing, I did a Zoom with my doc and she just put me on it without testing based on how short my LP was. And now she has agreed to upping it this cycle since my LP was still short on 200 mg last cycle.

@photographerwife I am the same, I like traveling but then really love coming home lol.

*TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• asf0613asf0613 member
    @legallykate happy to switch to PM, but if you dont mind me asking, how long was your LP when you asked for it?  i don't want to come across as being overbearing, but at the same time, i have this hunch that won't go away
  • I did NOT mean to post and ghost yesterday. My laptop has been having MAJOR issues (hard drive is failing) so I apologize for not posting this sooner:
    @legallykate I hope your RE consult goes well and you can get some good information at the very least.
    @_orchid_ I was seriously over it by the time I got the two BFNs. I hope the temp dip means you'll O soon!!
    @asf0613 So sorry to see you over here too! I hope the burgers were good!
    @photographerwife Your weekend sounds great! I definitely get what you mean by thoroughly enjoying getting home after a trip.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @asf0613 Mine was only 9-10, but I think even with 11 asking about it/expressing concern is fair game, I have seen both 12 and 10 thrown around as the low end of normal/healthy ranges. Mine was 11 last month on the starter dose and my doc agreed to up it for me. 
    *TTC History*