November 2020 Moms

Week 1 (11/01-11/07) Check-in w/o 20/05/25

Estimated due date (EDD):

Week of pregnancy: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

Rant/Rave: 

GTKY: Have you ever met a celebrity? If so, who and how?  If not, who would you most like to meet and why?

Re: Week 1 (11/01-11/07) Check-in w/o 20/05/25

• Estimated due date (EDD): 11/4

Week of pregnancy: 16w5d

Upcoming Appointments: Next week phone appt, midwife appt the following week and A/S the following. 

Rant/Rave: I was looking back at my journal from my last pregnancy and at 19 weeks I wrote that I definitely had a clear belly and was showing clearly. I'm here looking at my very obvious 16 week belly and laughing. 

GTKY: Have you ever met a celebrity? If so, who and how?  If not, who would you most like to meet and why? 
    Nope! I'm not really into celebrity culture, but I guess it would be cool to meet one of my cooking heros (Samin Nosrat, Kenji Lopez-Alt, Stella Parks, Michael Pollan, Deb Perleman, etc), although I think I'd be too nervous to even talk to them...
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Estimated due date (EDD):  November 1st

Week of pregnancy: 17w1d

Upcoming Appointments: We did an elective US on Friday, which was awesome.  My husband was able to come and he said after how happy he was because it made everything seem real for him finally since he has been excluded.  6/8 is my A/S and 6/9 for 20 week appt with OB

Rant/Rave: Rave is definitely the elective US we did.  We got a sneak peek of her in 3D and we are already convinced she is my daughter's twin lol.  My rant is my indigestion seems to have shown up just as I got rid of the constipation.  Like right now I need to go to the grocery store while DD is napping, but here I am on the couch lol.

GTKY: Have you ever met a celebrity? If so, who and how?  If not, who would you most like to meet and why?  I went out to LA a few years back as a friend was living there, we ended up being somewhat surrounded by celebrities because she lived in West Hollywood aka the nice part because downtown Hollywood where they have events is a sh**hole lol.  So we met Kim and Khloe Kardashian, Bethenny Frankel and Jessica Alba.  And while I was living in DC I met and hung out with a lot of NBA/NFL/NHL players.  Everyone I have met has been super nice in person.  As for who I would most like to meet, probably Bradley Cooper because I was raised just outside of Philly and I love him lol, and definitely the EDM groups that I listen to, Chainsmokers, Tritonal, NOTD, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/31

Week of pregnancy: 17+3

Upcoming Appointments: AS with MFM 6/5

Rant/Rave: I've been working Fridays during covid because a co-worker quit, and this should be my last Friday for a while! 

GTKY: Have you ever met a celebrity? My mom won us meet & greet tickets to Josh Turner years ago through work. And I had an interaction with Garth Brooks during one of his concerts (we were upgraded to 4th row floor seats, had a sign for a song request and a bouquet of flowers. He saw our sign, played the song and when I passed up the flowers he sent one back to me) 
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 11/2

Week of pregnancy: 17w

Upcoming Appointments:  ~Four weeks from now ish for the 20 week ultrasound 

Rant/Rave: I can’t decide what I think of the teleconference appointments. I can’t decide if I’m relieved not to go to a hospital/doctors office or sad that this just feels like mundane clockwork meetings for the doctors and midwives. My call this last week was — you’re fine? Ok. You weigh how much? Ok. Any questions? Oh...Here’s a prescription for compression stockings. Your next appointment is in July. Ultrasound should call to schedule your 20 week apt. I mean all I need really is my (non-medical) husband to coach the doctors and nurses during childbirth (yes I want him to count type stuff).  At this point he’s my right hand...but I kind of wanted more of a centering maternity period? It’s all going so fast and so antiseptic? 

I’ve met some 80-90s celebrities but I pretty much lived under a rock then (no TV or radio etc...conservative folks)...so when I met them I had no idea. Something like the guitarist from ELO? Or someone else but I had no clue and felt bad. Haha. 

I’d probably love to meet Angelina Jolie. I think she’s done some neat outreach work. 
  • @mimser He is VERY handsome, in person, and a lot taller than I thought he would be. His dog is a good boy and so cute! In fact, I noticed the dog, first!
  • @mimser omg I love these!!! 
  • @name1109 I was talking about that with my F'19 BMB, how different this pregnancy is appointment wise. Part of me is glad it's less appointments as my 1st pregnancy was medically uncomplicated and not going in as often to the hospital (OB is part of a big medical center in my area) puts me and the providers at less risk of contacting the virus. But it's definitely not the same relationship building process and more worrisome if you have had any issues.
  • @mimser This is hilarious! Love it!
  • @mimser Totally spaced that you had an appointment yesterday, right? Hope that went well!
  • mimsermimser member
    @laurenmicheley thanks for checking in 😊 I'm actually really happy with how it went!
    My GP said she's happy with the weight I've put on. Blood pressure was really good at which I was really happy about.
    We heard baby's heart! It was my first time with a doppler. I was worried we would have a hard time because I was told my placenta was anterior at my 12 week US, but my GP said it probably migrated to the side because we could really hear it well from the middle of my belly.
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 11/6

Week of pregnancy: 16 + 4

Upcoming Appointments: 6/9 for OB

Rant/Rave: too tired to complain right now lol

GTKY: Have you ever met a celebrity? If so, who and how?  If not, who would you most like to meet and why? Nope, but I’m also not into pop culture or anything like that at all really. It would be cool to have met frank Sinatra and to have seen him live in person though.
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 11/3

week of pregnancy: 17 +1

upcoming appointments: regular visit with OB 6/1 & AS 6/9

Rant/Rave: We have our AS 6/9 but my DH hasn’t been able to go to any appointments since we did the IUI in Feb. So although it’s only a few days sooner we have an appt at a 3D/4D US studio that allows me to bring a visitor unlike my OBs office so my DH can actually see the baby and hear the heartbeat. So we get to see baby and find out gender few days before the AS

GTKY: have you ever met a celebrity? If so who and how? I’ve met multiple NFL/NHL players that play on Buffalo sports teams. Whether meeting them at signings or seeing them at Target or the mall or tailgating with them before football games
  • @mimser Yay for a good appointment! So glad you were able to get a heartbeat! <3
  • @laurenmicheley OMG, you live in Smitten Kitchen's neighborhood!? That's so cool! And I didn't know who Mike Solomonov was until I looked him up and now I just might be ordering his book 😁
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• lindz42lindz42 member
    Estimated due date (EDD): Nov. 4

Week of pregnancy: 17w1d

Upcoming Appointments: midwife tomorrow, AS 6/17

Rant/Rave: I hate seeing the directions "have a full bladder for this appointment" on the online portal, lol. I'm randomly getting nervous again and have decided not to announce on social media until after tomorrow's appointment. Meanwhile, even my stretch pants are feeling tight this week!

I've met Adam Pascal and the band Switchfoot at signings, if those count. I rung up Rob Gronkowski's groceries in 2010, but I'm not a football fan so I didn't know until the next customer told me. It's interesting to see how many people have met or known different celebrities. 
    @mimser I enjoyed the photoshopped pictures! Sounds like a fun roommate. 

• mimsermimser member
    @warmwinter I'm happy the clinic I go to for my ultrasounds doesn't require me to have a full bladder. At my last one, they only said to do your last pee 1 hour before the scan. I was still a bit nervous because I usually wake up thirsty and thought I should watch the amount of water I drank as the appointment was at 7:30 am and I was  afraid to really have to pee by then!

And that roommate and I actually had a bad roommate/friend breakup that same year that she made those pictures! Oh well!
  • @hedgepig I HIGHLY HIGLY recommend Zahav. It's a beautiful cookbook filled with personal stories, pictures and wonderful recipes. If you're into Israeli cooking at all, I also recommend Adeena Sussman's book Sabbaba because her recipes are amazing. I used to live in Tel Aviv and usually am craving food from that region of the world. :)
  • lindz42lindz42 member
    @mimser Every appointment I always have to pee, but I guess it also helps for giving samples too. That's too bad about the roommate, but I've had some sucky roommate breakups as well, so I get it. 
  • @warmwinter those instructions drove me nuts last pregnancy! I think they actually specified drinking 32 oz an hour before. I almost peed myself the moment the tech put any pressure and she was like, "all I can see is your bladder, go pee a little" haha! Apparently no one ever drinks enough so they go to the extreme with the amount. This go around there hasn't been any mention of it though
  • lindz42lindz42 member
    @ksdelong20 I've gotten very specific directions like that too! I had to pee so badly today during my appointment. I guess the directions are just standard in case they need a sample or any imaging. But they said not to worry about it from now on, because I will likely have to pee more frequently later on anyway.