January 2021 Moms

FFFC Friday 5/22

Whatcha got this week?

Re: FFFC Friday 5/22

• I've started all my work Slack conference calls (no video) this week while still getting dressed, in the bathroom within like 30 seconds of getting out of the shower.  :#
  • I’m thinking I’m going to stay in bed all weekend. Okay not really but I just want to do nothing but stay in pj’s watch movies and chill with my family 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Loading the player...
  • lemommalemomma member
    I’ve been trying forever to get my son to pee standing up with the eventual goal of peeing in the big potty. Well now he finally pees standing over the kid potty... it mostly gets in there but also on the back of the potty, the wall, the floor. Why did I ever wish this upon my life?!???!!!!?!
  • Y’all I really am craving sushi. This second pregnancy I’m tempted to give it a try 😱 my doctor said if you trust the place is good quality it’s okay but I’m definitely still wondering if I should or not
  • HappyFeet34HappyFeet34 member
    edited May 2020
    @cricket1688 if you trust the place I would go for it. I think all the rules are a bit silly, everything in moderation. I remember my first pregnancy I avoided all lunch meat (I’m a vegetarian now but wasn’t then). But I craved fruit and ate nectarines and plums every day. There was a massive listeria outbreak on nectarines and plums that year and I was a mess thinking I was doing everything right and still it wasn’t good enough. That’s when I said screw these rules, I’m just going to use good sense. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • I’m planning a trip to fly to our property in upstate NY with my 3 kids solo...I’m still not 100% as I’m going to swing this idea past the midwife before we go, but I really need to see family and I’m all alone where I live now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @HappyFeet34 that’s a good point. Everything in moderation is a good rule of thumb! 
  • @cricket1688 I have literally only eaten California rolls today. Cooked so I figure it's fine. If it tastes good and doesn't come from a gas station or something I feel like you're fine. 
  • @cricket1688 I have literally only eaten California rolls today. Cooked so I figure it's fine. If it tastes good and doesn't come from a gas station or something I feel like you're fine. 
    Also thinking about this I have to correct myself. I also ate a hot dog today. And coffee. I'm a messssss
  • savykaysavykay member
    stillcozy said:
    I’m thinking I’m going to stay in bed all weekend. Okay not really but I just want to do nothing but stay in pj’s watch movies and chill with my family 
    Throw in unlimited snacks and I am in full support of this. 

I am still peeing on sticks, and will continue to do so until my test line is as dark as the control line, for my own peace of mind, and also because I have about 20 extra Wondfo’s. 
    Also, being at the end of the BMB has some disadvantages, my first appointment isn’t until July 😩, I’ll be 10 weeks, which I realize is a normal wait (especially in these times) but still, I have a whole month more to get through. It’d just be nice to know there’s a heartbeat before then, especially being PGAL. 
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• Before media and all these regular dr appointments women had babies all the time. I find it hard to believe they followed all these "rules" and although there were mishaps mostly they had happy healthy pregnancies. Maybe I'm just old school
  • @AshleyGemini24 totally agree. I think of it more like driving a car. You can drive a car just fine without a seatbelt but it’s safer if you wear your seatbelt. Most of the health suggestions are just saying “doing this increases you chances of this” but you’re right it most likely will not make or break you. One of my gfs ate deli meat her whole pregnancy just bc she wasn’t even aware you weren’t supposed to. 
  • BuckeyeNut05BuckeyeNut05 member
    edited May 2020
    Not Friday anymore, but I’m at my in-laws for the weekend and spoke copious amounts of sh*t about them in another language with our au pair while they were in the same room.