Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 5/23-5/24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY-What is your go to 'signature dish' that you bring to parties, BBQ's, etc?:

Re: WTO Weekend 5/23-5/24

• bows22bows22 member

Month/Cycle: 18/20 including 2 benched. 

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, Tracking CM

R/R: I wanted to participate today since I haven’t been around all week. I’ve been lurking though! I know someone (I can’t remember who) posted in UO that if you have time to lurk then you have time to post, but I haven’t had time to lurk AND post and I feel like if I have to choose between seeing how everyone else is doing and posting my own stuff if it’s going to be you guys every time! Going to try to be better next week though. I had a mess of an audit going on but we wrapped it up yesterday. Hooray! I still have a crap ton of work to do but it’s nice to have that behind me. Looking forward to a long weekend of relaxing!

CS/Q:

GTKY: My go-to is either this cold “chip dip” that always seems to be a crowd pleaser, or fruit salad - DH is allergic to some fruit so this way it will definitely be safe for him. 

• @bows22 Congrats on the audit being done, you deserve lots of relaxation this weekend!

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: Temping, OPKs, monitoring CM, taking a billion vitamins, trying to eat healthy and abstain from alcohol, progesterone after O (upping to 400mg/day this cycle), meeting with RE on Tuesday, HIO as much as possible during FW with preseed

R/R: Happy weekend everyone! The weather is super nice here so we went for a walk and I am doing a little work now while DH plays video games, but I think we are going to have a "quarantine date night" and order in some food and rent a movie. I'm still trying to be super healthy so no alcohol which makes it seem less weekend-y (although typing that out makes me realize it doesn't sound great!) 

CS/Q: Nothing too exciting, but I am happy with how "normal" my temps seem this cycle.

GTKY: I love making bacon wrapped mini-weiners with brown sugar. Love the sweet and savory. And they can be super low carb if you use brown sugar Swerve!

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Loading the player...
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited May 2020
    @bows22 Nice to see you here😊 Glad that you were able to finish that audit before the weekend! FWIW, I agree with you: lurking is way easier than posting when you have limited time, and helps you keep up with what’s going on w everyone else. 

@legallykate Happy Weekend! It sounds like you have a nice one planned. Keep it up with the alcohol abstaining—eventually it gets easier! Maybe have a mocktail in a fancy glass to make it feel more weekend-y?

Month/Cycle: 24

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: lotsa stuff 

R/R: Rant: Woke up at 3 am, couldn’t sleep  Rave: So I binged The Great on Hulu—so entertaining! Then I slept in, which was glorious  

CS/Q: Gonna hang out here till CH tomorrow.

GTKY-What is your go to 'signature dish' that you bring to parties, BBQ's, etc?: I keep it easy with watermelon lol. 

• bows22bows22 member
    @legallykate I hope you’re having a good quarantine date night! I was following your posts this week about your results and the a-hole nurse, I’m glad you are going to do the fertility consult to get some clarity!

@keikilove I mean who doesn’t like watermelon?? That’s honestly usually what we do too. Or if we want to be “fancy” we get cantaloupe and honey dew and that’s our fruit salad. I’ll have to check out The Great - do you think it would be something MH would like? Good luck in the TWW, got a + OPK today so I’ll see you there soon!
  • @keikilove and @bows22 Best of luck to you both in TWW! 

*TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited May 2020
    @bows22 Yes, I think YH could enjoy The The Great with you: lots of sex, plotting, violence, and machismo. It is often silly but in a good way. MH said he can’t keep watching it w me because he gets turned on and wants to capitalize on the moment while I just want to finish the episode lol.

@legallykate Thanks! You too! 
  • @bows22 totally agree about lurking - especially on mobile! Nice to see you back, good luck in 2ww! 

@legallykate hi CD twin! What movie did you guys end up getting last night? Jealous of your nice weather yesterday- it rained all day here but today is dry and cloudy so I'm hoping to get a long run in! 

@keikilove I keep seeing good things about The Great! I am a history nerd so I want to watch this at some point, glad to hear I might be able to get MH on board. Pretty much the only time I watch TV is when we're together, so we take turns picking. I always want to watch new stuff and he wants to rewatch, and I always feel like I need to sell something for him to watch it. We're watching Brooklyn 99 right now which he was so hesitant about but he's loving it. Is the great kind of like more relaxed GOT? Good luck in 2ww!!

Month/Cycle: 13/11

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: all the things

R/R: it rained all day yesterday so I got a lot of things around the house that I've been putting off done, while listening to a new audiobook and got about 3.5 hours of listening done. I had a bunch of digital holds come up at the same time from the library so I'm trying to get through as much as possible before it gets returned!  The book is called Dark Matter and is sci-fi if anyone's into that/looking for something to read.  Planning to do a long run in a little bit, then some work this afternoon. 

CS/Q: missed a couple days this month and hate the dotted line lol

GTKY-What is your go to 'signature dish' that you bring to parties, BBQ's, etc?:

Usually desserts. I'm a sweets person especially chocolate. I have a baked snores recipe that is super easy. MH likes to smoke meat so sometimes he'll bring ribs he smoked. 

• @_orchid_ Glad you got a lot accomplished yesterday! I need a day like that here at home. Re: The Great, yes it has a lot of plotting & planning similar to GOT. But nowhere near the level of gore (or excitement). It’s quite lighthearted, I’d say more of a dark comedy. Warning: I read reviews first & history buffs hated it due to its inaccuracy. So I took it for what it is and thoroughly enjoyed it. 
  • @_orchid_ DH definitely recognized I had a rough week last week because he agreed to watch Miss Americana, which I loved! And we ordered really good Tex Mex (but healthy for me - grilled chicken and shrimp with veracruz sauce) so a great night overall. We were too tired to HIO after though, fail, need to start today/tonight. Enjoy your run, sorry you are working today too.

*TTC History*

• @keikilove ohh got me with dark comedy. I can ignore inaccuracy! I don't know a ton about that time of in Russia, just that Catherine was a BAMF. I just need something with a little bit of excitement- I watched the first season or two of Victoria and was bored out of my mind. 
  • @_orchid_ Oh yeah, if Victoria bored you, you will love The Great! It moves quickly. Enjoy!
  • bows22bows22 member
    @_orchid_ I’m sorry I never made it back here this weekend! That’s great you had such a productive day! I need to have one of those 😬. The same thing happens to me with all of my library book holds being released at the same time and it’s like a puzzle seeing which ones to read and which ones to let go.