Re: Week 1 (11/01-11/07) Check-in w/o 05/18/20

• Options
    bserenabserena member
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: Nov. 7th, 15w+2d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM (with 2 SD'd)

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue!!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: A navel orange

Upcoming Appointments: 5/27 for monthly check-up

How are you feeling?: Good! Been pretty tired this past week, although returning to work after almost 2 months at home probably doesn't help. RLP and insomnia still too. Other then that though, feeling pretty normal and good.

Rants/Raves: Rant: I hate that I don't have another u/s until the end of June. Rave: So grateful to be in the second trimester!

Questions: None

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday? Definitely Halloween!! But I also love Christmas. My mom always made the holidays, especially Christmas, feel super special when I was young and I enjoy getting and decorating a live tree and the cheesy music and the pretty lights. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 15w+4

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: a Navel Orange/Apple/Mixed Tape

Upcoming Appointments: 5/29 US, 6/12 AS

How are you feeling?: Burpy! Bad indigestion. A little crampy here and there and my boobs hurt like a MF. I haven't slept since January, so I guess it's good preparation for when LO arrives. Other than that, I'm pretty good albeit a little moody.

Rants/Raves: Rave - My college bestie got engaged this weekend; I'm so happy for her! I haven't told her I'm KOed, yet - she lives far away and we're not super close these days because of distance, but I'm looking forward to hearing her engagement story and sharing her joy. Rant - Nothing special to rant about, I'm so sick of lockdown, but I really don't see things in NYC opening back up for another few months. Trying to keep my very impatient self occupied.

Questions: None, presently.

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving is my holiday. Like, I'm actually the thanksgiving girl. I do my own Friends-giving at our apartment every year a few weeks before the main event. This year, I roasted a 28lbs bird and it was perfect. I love to entertain and cook and I also love the fall and the festive atmosphere. When I was a kid, my grandparents would have Thanksgiving at their house and my enormous family (seriously, it's huge) would all come to eat and hang out all day. It was always the best.
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 10/31, 16w 3d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Green

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: grande iced coffee or avocado 

Upcoming Appointments: AS with MFM 6/5

How are you feeling?: good. I almost don't have any pregnant symptoms. Yay 2nd tri!

Rants/Raves: our area is opening back up and my aunt is having a picnic on Saturday. I'm excited to see family! 

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, followed my Thanksgiving. My Gram always had the entire family (50+ people) over for Christmas and we've recently taken on that role. My birthday is always around Thanksgiving and I love pumpkin pie and stuffing. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 11/2 ...16w0d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink!! 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: Avocado

Upcoming Appointments: This Wednesday. We will schedule my 20 week apt then!

How are you feeling?: Emotional. Tons of feelings. Leg problems. But otherwise okay. 

Rants/Raves: My rant is I love DH. HOWEVER. He told me I’m gaining weight and should start working out/moving more. I was offended. I mean sure he’s right. I’m gaining in my legs because I’m at home all day. And it hurts to walk. I was sad to hear him say that. My rave is @jaclyn0405@jaclyn0405 ... we bit the bullet two years ago and leased a Ford expedition...got a great deal. That thing has been THE best. I never thought I’d love a car so much. That thing is PERFECTION. I regret zero things about our mom mobile. It’s simply amazing.  I love it so much we might get the Explorer as our second car eventually.  Congrats! 

Questions: Anyone recommend a belly band with back support? The one I bought from Amazon is no longer available. 

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday?  All of them? I love making family tradition and memories for our crew. We don’t have family nearby so special treats and dishes make the day. I will say I’m really worried the kids will miss out on Halloween due to our due date. That or all the walking around going from house to house will induce labor 🤣. 
  • Options
    @name1109 I almostttt wanted to try and talk my husband into the Expedition, but I have a decent drive to and from work everyday and didn't want to risk racking up lots of miles and having to pay for gas, like a lot of gas LOL.  I am so glad that you love it! They have so many nice features in their cars now, that it made the decision really easy! And they are pretty hahaha.

I don't have a recommendation on the belly band with back support, but if you find one, let me know.  My back is already killing me and I am terrified for the rest of the pregnancy if this is 16 weeks pain ugh!
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: Nov 4;  15w6d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: girl

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: orange

Upcoming Appointments: I had a really good appt last week - my BP was normal, baby sounded good andwe scheduled my 20 week US! I'm going today to get blood drawn for 2nd tri screening and for some extra BP bloodwork.

How are you feeling?: Great! Super relieved to have had a good appt. All symptoms are gone except constipation, and now I started having hip pain when I sleep, but I put a pillow between my legs and it helps. My belly is definitely getting bigger and even starting to get in the way already 😬

Rants/Raves: I am pretty darned sure I've been feeling little bits of movement here and there, which is so cool!

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday? Christmas! I love the weeks leading up to it, I love getting and giving gifts, and all the music and festivity! Plus it's my birthday right around it, so that's cool 🥰
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    mimsermimser member
    edited May 2020
     Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: November 3 / 16 weeks 

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: chipmunk (without the tail) / avocado

Upcoming Appointments: NIPT redraw this afternoon, monthly appointment with GP next monday and 20 week scan on June 15.

How are you feeling?: Good! It really felt good to finally announce. I seem to have some constipation now but it's not too bad, it's just a painful few minutes a day... 

Rants/Raves: A friend was shocked that we waited 16 weeks to tell them we were expecting, it annoyed me so much. / I spent $276 on maternity clothes yesterday, the bill before discounts was $626. I love sales!

Questions: Does anyone have plans for a baby shower, whether in person or digital?

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday? Christmas! I love to put up the tree, and to slowly slowly put gifts under it. I also really like Greek Orthodox Easter, I find it a lot more interesting and fun than the chocolate/bunny Easter I was raised to. I'm happy our baby will get to experience both!
  • Options
    @jaclyn0405 I have to say I’ve been so surprised at all the amenities of the Ford. Their service has been amazing too! I usually telework and our childcare is close to the house so it’s handy. That and “long” car rides are definitely do-able. We are three car seats (one booster) across in the middle row haha. I never thought I’d have such a strong reaction to a vehicle!
  • Options
    lindz42lindz42 member
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: Nov. 4/ 16w2d

FTM/STM/STM+: ftm

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: as tall as a grande iced coffee 

Upcoming Appointments: next Friday midwife appt, anatomy scan 6/17

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good! Sometimes I get exhausted almost suddenly and end up napping in the middle of the day.

Rants/Raves: I think I'm finally starting to look pregnant! Maybe it's mostly just water weight or something, but someone who knows me would definitely question my belly right now. 

Questions: nope

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday?
    Fourth of July! I love fireworks and cookouts. In RI, some towns have big events. In Bristol, there are nightly concerts for about a month and a parade. (Unfortunately, most of this is cancelled this year.)
  • Options
    mimsermimser member
    @warmwinter I think I'm finally showing too! It started coming out at 16w1d
  • Options
    lindz42lindz42 member
    @hedgepig So exciting that you are feeling movement! I'm looking forward to that but have no idea what to expect at all. 

@mimser We have friends who we haven't told yet either. It's been harder with the pandemic and not being able to see people for more natural announcements. For me, making phone calls and sending personalized messages to close family and friends has been exhausting. I was on the fence about it before, but I'm going to make a social media announcement next week just so I can tell everyone else at once. I hope your friend is more understanding in the long run. 
  • Options
    @warmwinter I love the Bristol parade!!!! We went for the first time almost 2 yrs ago. SO MUCH FUN! Del’s lemonade after was so amazing. I think Rhode Island has been one favorite places to live. 
  • Options
    lindz42lindz42 member
    @name1109 Del's is the best. They reopened about a week ago after an understandable delay. How long did you live in RI and what area? 
  • Options
    @name1109 We go up to Newport every summer for the festival and we are so sad to be missing out on enjoying our frozen Del's since it was canceled!
  • Options
    @warmwinter we lived in Middletown for about a year and a half. We had the BEST neighbors and just LOVED the area.  The public school was PERFECT...We were so spoiled! The kids still talk about Frosty Freez
  • Options
    @warmwinter I remember the first bit of movement I felt was a fluttering. Similar to gas but not quite haha
  • Options
    @warmwinter I had an anterior placenta with my first and didn't feel movement until around 20 weeks, so I wasn't really sure what to expect either. It definitely feels very close to gas bubbles, but also like there's a goldfish swimming around in there. It's definitely a much lower feeling than I had expected. Yesterday I got some really definitive kicks, which was so cool, especially because I hadn't felt anything at all for a few days and was feeling a touch nervous.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20