Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Weekend 5/23-5/24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY-What is your go to 'signature dish' that you bring to parties, BBQ's, etc?:

Re: TWW Weekend 5/23-5/24

• asf0613asf0613 member
    edited May 2020

Month/Cycle: 5/4 since loss

CD/DPO: 25/10

Timing: -3,2,0

Typical LP length: 11-13

Testing: definitely tomorrow, especially based on temp today

R/R: yesterday turned into a super productive day.  we did a liquor run, giant grocery store run, and i bought finishing touches for my garden.  We placed DH's aforementioned tool chests and one seems to not have been assembled correctly by manufacturer, so hes looking into either getting it replaced (BY DELIVERY ONLY) or just a credit and he'll deal with it.  this weekend we will be doing more housework and maybe see family on Monday.  hope everyone has a great MDW, in whatever form it is now!

CS/Q: been up for almost 3 hours agonizing over temp drop.  tomorrow will be telling i suppose.  could be start of AF, but i'm really hoping for it being that elusive "implantation dip" if it truly exists.  It's going to be a long 24hrs...

GTKY-What is your go to 'signature dish' that you bring to parties, BBQ's, etc?: i figured this would be fun in the spirit of the BBQ's we may have been attending this weekend.  we love to bring appetizers- tomato/basil/mozz skewers are always a hit and our specialty are goat cheese cups.  crumbled goat cheese and honey in phyllo dough cups.  

eta words i missed
  • @asf0613 omg you got a temp drop too?? We're always unique appetizer people too. DH usually makes something complicated that takes moments to eat through (like something on a cracker and only using X number of crackers)

Month/Cycle: 35

CD/DPO: 25/10

Timing: -1,0

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: not unless AF is late

R/R: we're going out to my parents today. Burgers, brats, and chicken yum! Then tomorrow I think we're BBQing with my ILs but those plans were never truly finalized. I just hope to God my MIL doesn't turn it into a "we need to discuss behaviors when on the summer vacation" meeting. I told DH I want absolutely no part in that since it will enrage me. We wrote up our concerns but haven't sent them yet. Some of it is small stuff like the fact that the kitchen is small and has very little counter space yet they'll place 5+ bottles of alcohol out on display on the counter when it gets used rarely. DH came up with the great idea to just make a point that we've been stressed during these vacations but we're trying to reduce stress to have a baby (apparently my MIL knows all the story up to our ER. No one knows of the failed transfer). So I'm hoping we basically shove it on them that if they want to be a grandparent or aunt then they need to STFU on this trip this year.

CS/Q: temp drop below coverline 😬😬😬 probably going to bring my little bag of tampons and pads just in case today but FX it's just the mysterious implantation dip

GTKY-What is your go to 'signature dish' that you bring to parties, BBQ's, etc?:

DH has gotten into making this cracker and candied bacon appetizer. I forget what else.goes on it but it's really good. Problem is you can only make so many of those so it's sometimes the first thing gone. I'd prefer that anyway over making some giant bowl of pasta salad that looks like a dent was barely put in it.

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • asf0613asf0613 member
    @inthewoods23 the candied bacon sounds delish!  hope you have a nice weekend and that you MIL allows the day to be relaxing and not a meeting about your vacation planning.
    and yes FX for us both that AF doesn't come this weekend (or at all!!!)  
  • @asf0613 I don't remember where the recipe is from. I think you sprinkle brown sugar, butter, and maybe something else and then you bake it. Very yummy.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • bows22bows22 member
    Lurking from wto 

@asf0613 I was sad to see you posting here, then happy to see that you haven’t tested yet! don’t worry too much about the temp dip, good luck tomorrow!

@inthewoods23 discuss behaviors on the summer vacation?? Is this because of covid or to help everyone get along? I remember talking about this last summer and my vote is still to get your own place but I know you had a valid reason why that wasn’t possible. I hope your temp drop just looks weird because your temps are so close to cover line and it means nothing (or implantation!) if you discard the CD 12 temp does it change your cover line?
  • @bows22 lmao yes my SIL isn't very pleasant to be around sometimes and even my MIL doesn't like her attitude. My SIL and her BF make things very uncomfortable at times. I have been wanting to find our own little place to stay for 2-3 years now. We stay on a lake chain so we could easily stay on a different lake and meet up via boat ride. Up until now my ILs have always covered the cost of the cottage we stay in. This year they want us all to split it plus split the cost of a pontoon that will fit the 6 of us. 

I'll have to check what happens when I discard that temp.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @bows22 discarding that temp did nothing for the coverline.

Also I forgot to mention I felt cramps, like a weight being placed over my it's for a good part of yesterday and this morning. The SS is strong but I'm trying to ignore it 
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • asf0613asf0613 member
    @inthewoods23 that's promising! well, speaking from another person guilty of SS  :#
  • *lurking* Crossing all the things for you @asf0613 and @inthewoods23!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• asf0613asf0613 member
    thanks @bows22 and @legallykate !  the hours are crawlingggggggg by
  • shlecksshlecks member

@asf0613 FX that's the dip we want!  I'm so impressed with your willpower! Also those skewers sound AMAZING right now.

@inthewoods23 I hope you had a good time today!  Sounds so fun.  And good luck with your IL's, that sounds like a really annoying situation to deal with.  FX for the temp drop!  Also, what does SS mean?  

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 24/12

Timing: bad

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: no

R/R:  This is my last Saturday off for the foreseeable future.  Did I make the most of it?  Not really.  But I made a really good dinner using mushrooms instead of meat- seasoned with steak seasoning and liquid smoke.  Not bad!  

CS/Q: no

GTKY-What is your go to 'signature dish' that you bring to parties, BBQ's, etc?:  I like to do pasta salads because they are easy and usually one of my favorite potluck dishes.  I have made a mean buffalo chicken dip though so that's another one especially if the party is indoors so you can keep it warm.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @asf0613 FX for you today!!!

@inthewoods23 I hope you had a nice visit with your family yesterday! And if you end up going to your ILs today that it doesn’t turn into any uncomfortable conversations!

@shlecks your dinner sounds delicious!

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD/DPO: 29/14

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 1

Typical LP length: 12 but taking progesterone 

Testing: BFN again today

R/R: WOMP. I didn’t really think it would be positive today, but of course not thrilled for a definitive BFN. Oh well, on to the next one. I’ll stop with the progesterone today so hopefully AF comes quickly! We are going to my parents for a BBQ today, so that should be fun!

CS/Q: nothing of importance 

GTKY-What is your go to 'signature dish' that you bring to parties, BBQ's, etc?: usually some kind of dip! We have a few that we rotate between but probably our most used recipe is for a jalapeño corn dip in the slow cooker. People rave about it and it’s SO easy!

• @shlecks SS is symptom spotting. That meal sounds delicious!

@runningoncookies enjoy your BBQ!

Update on the vacation thing. Apparently my MIL had messaged only DH that they decided to cancel the vacation. So all that BS and writing up my concerns was for nothing. Oh well. DH and I can now find our own thing to do this summer without them. I made the joke yesterday that we should get the contact info of the people who own the place and take it for that week just the 2 of us 😆 but that's kind of expensive for just 2 people. But I'm really curious how conversation will be when we have dinner with them. How this cancellation got decided without us.

In other news, my temp bumped back up 0.3 degrees soooo..... We'll see!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • asf0613asf0613 member
    edited May 2020
    @inthewoods23 yay for temp bump! and no awkward vaca convo! sounds like the start of a good day
    @shlecks buffalo chicken dip is my FAVE love it!
    @runningoncookies sorry for the BFN. that dip sounds awesome!

welllllp, BFN here and temp staying somewhat where it is, slightly lower.  so while i am certainly now not hopeful for this cycle, AF isn't here yet so that means something.  The dwindling optimist in me is saying it was too early even for the FRER to be positive, but the realist in me expects a big drop and AF tomorrow. 

edited to fix all my typos
  • Joining you all over here now that I got CHs.

@inthewoods23 FX so hard that the increased temp is a good sign! Sorry for all the drama surrounding the vacay, but hopefully you & YH can find a way to fill in that week with something really enjoyable for just the two of you. 

@asf0613 Sorry for your temp drop & the mind games our bodies like to play on us. So difficult!/ Your skewers sound amazing—we often do caprese salad in a large platter for big gatherings. But I think I will try your skewers for our next big family gathering, whenever that will be. 

@shlecks Your mushroom dinner sounds delish! I need to try more creative things like that. Sorry you need to go back to work on the weekends. Enjoy this long one! 

@runningoncookies So sorry for the bfn. Progesterone plays such tricks on the mind & heart! “On to the next one” is a good attitude to have about it./ How do you make this delicious dip you speak of? I want to try it! 

Month/Cycle: 24

CD/DPO: 16/3

Timing: -3, -1, O, & an unfinished attempt at +1

Typical LP length: 10-13

Testing: “The early bird gets the worm!”

R/R: It’s an absolutely beautiful day & I want to get out for a walk or swim before I have to do work in the afternoon. 

CS/Q: Not very exciting yet...

GTKY-What is your go to 'signature dish' that you bring to parties, BBQ's, etc?: I said this yesterday in WTO: we keep it easy with watermelon. If it’s an extended family dinner we bring a beautiful platter of caprese salad. My signatures are the actual main dishes when we have people over, we can save that for a different GTKY?  

• shlecksshlecks member
    @inthewoods23 Thank you for clarifying that!  And so weird about your IL's, you'll have to keep us updated.  There has to be some drama behind the scenes.
    @runningoncookies Ugh, I'm sorry for the BFN.  And I really need that dip recipe!  It sounds AMAZING
    @asf0613 I'm sorry about the BFN.  Still keeping FX for you.
    @keikilove Oh it's not too bad, my weekends are Sundays and Mondays (barber shop hours) but it has been nice to have these Saturdays off, even if we can't really do anything.

I have a question for you guys, do you have a BBT thermometer you recommend?  I have never done temping, and I've only got the free version of FF right now.  Thinking about stepping it up next month since I'm fairly certain AF is on her way and we did a terrible job at tracking this month. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • asf0613asf0613 member
    welcome @keikilove hope this is your cycle! and yes let's keep that GTKY in our reserve lol. and a swim?! i'm jealous that you have that option available.  i never get to unless we're on vacation.  DH is already trying to convince me to make the trek back to Maui this fall because the point conversion to miles is great right now!

AF seemingly arrived earlier this afternoon, so i'll be heading over to WTO tomorrow (unless its just super heavy spotting :D).  i hope to not see ANY of you there, even though i'll miss your company. I have fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you all!!!
    Surprisingly not in the worst headspace about this right now, even though i know this next cycle is my last one to secure getting KU before our emtpy due date (sigh).  what a terrible thing to feel resolved to. i think maybe because we've just been so busy today.  off to my bottle of wine! 
  • @shlecks Glad your weekend hours aren’t too far off from normal. :)

I have this bbt from Easy@Home. Amazon sells it for $15-$20. I find it to be super accurate, and I love that it has a soft backlight so I can see the temp on dark mornings without disturbing DH’s sleep. 

• @shlecks I have the same one as @keikilove. It also has a memory function. It will display your last temp when you turn it on so if you take your temp and fall asleep before entering the number, you can still get the number.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • krash_krash_ member
    edited May 2020
    *lurking*
    @shlecks I use the easy@home smart bbt thermometer and I have been really liking it. It has worked great for me and I don't have to worry about remembering to log my bbt. It connects to the Premom app and logs your temp. It also keeps a list with the date and time. Later when I'm on my phone I log the bbt from Premom into FF. The only thing I don't like is that it take a bit to take your temp but I think most accurate bbt thermometers take 60-90 seconds. 

ETA link: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0764LHSNM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18