October 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in, Week 4+ (10/22-10/31) - 5/18

How far along are you?

Due date?

Upcoming appointments?

Rant/rave?

Questions?

GTKY: The genie gives you three wishes.  No wishing for more wishes.  What are your wishes?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week 4+ (10/22-10/31) - 5/18

• Options
    How far along are you? 17+4

Due date? 10/22

Upcoming appointments? regular OB on Friday (5/22), and then my anatomy scan will be maybe a week after that.

Rant/rave?  My stupid county is trying to find reasons to open early, even though they haven't REMOTELY met the requirements Newsom has set out.

GTKY: The genie gives you three wishes.  No wishing for more wishes.  What are your wishes?
    1) Global redistribution of wealth away from the 1% to eliminate poverty.
    2) Star Trek transporter that's free for everyone to use and perfectly safe.
    3) World peace.
    Cheesy, I know.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    How far along are you? 17 weeks

Due date? 10/26

Upcoming appointments? Beginning of June with OB. They won’t let me make my anatomy scan appointment until 18 I’m weeks, but it should also be the same week in June. 

Rant/rave? I’m so thankful my nausea is finally gone, and more food is sounding good rather than unappealing. I also went on the longest walk tonight since morning sickness hit. Felt great to get out. 

Questions? None

1) That there were no more unwanted or mistreated animals. 
    2) That we cared as much for the environment as we care about consumerism. 
    3) That we could teleport to our destination instead of driving or flying. (I very much dislike driving or flying.)

@kboydbowman My boyfriend found this great website from the LA Times that shows what’s allowed in each county in California. It won’t help with your county wanting to reopen early, but it helped us be less confused. Plus we found it interesting. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16+ 3

Due date? Oct 31

Upcoming appointments? Ob first week of June, AS second week of June

Rant/rave? I'm hungry all the time! But when I eat I just want more... also this baby is leeching all of my liquids out of me but I still have to pee a lot... I just dont get that.
    On a bright and cheery note when my Husband puts his hand on my belly and talks to baby it moves 2 out of 3 times... also I harvested grape leaves and pickled them to make Dolmas this week!

Questions? Nope

1. An end to all homophobia, biphobia, transphobia etc.

2. An end to global hunger crisis. 

3. An end to all child and animal abuse/neglect. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 17+4

Due date? Oct 23

Upcoming appointments? May 29 AS and June 2nd Doctor Appointment

Rant/rave? I finally received the bra that I ordered a month ago! No more feeling like a sausage in my regular bras. It doesn't look as good as on the website but it's comfy and seems durable. Still waiting on my order of some leggings and a shirt for the office (working from home but I have to go from time to time for special projects)

Questions? Not today

1. End sickness, everyone should be able to enjoy a healthy life until you pass of old age.
    2. Enough money to have a healthy lifestyle and no need to worry about work and be able to spend time with this baby (and future ones).
    3. Teleportation, I also hate flying and all the family is in Europe.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 17 weeks today :)

Due date? Oct 28

Upcoming appointments? Routine check-up tomorrow, anatomy scan June 3

Rant/rave? I want to work less.  I'm managing a project currently doing temperature screening using IR cameras on personnel entering site at several facilities.  Every time I think things are finally under control and I can ease into a nice 40hr/week routine, something goes sideways on me.  I like being busy but this is getting to be too much.  I'm a bit nervous to say much though, there's not a lot of other work on the go right now....

Questions?  What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to train myself to sleep on my side but every morning I wake up and my shoulders are so sore....

GTKY: The genie gives you three wishes.  No wishing for more wishes.  What are your wishes? 1) that I could eat whatever and whenever I want and not worry about my figure or nutrition. 2) endless money so I'd never HAVE to work (I probably still would, to some degree) or worry about bills, I'd have basically 0 stress between wishes 1 and 2. 3) no more winter, wherever I live.  It's FINALLY! easing into summer where I live, I'm loving the 5am sunshine and t-shirt weather.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 17w 5 d

Due date? 10/23

Upcoming appointments? Telemedicine appt 6/1, AS early June and in person appt beginning of July. 

Rant/rave? Rave: we bought a used Toyota Sienna minivan. I can’t believe I’m excited about a minivan, but it has so much more space than our Subaru! We are going camping this weekend, staying close to home and doing dispersed camping so we will be safe and stay away from people. Luckily where we live it isn’t hard to fine open space without other people around. 

Questions? Anyone else have an umbilical hernia? I noticed it a couple of weeks ago and mostly it isn’t a problem, but occasionally it becomes very painful and I have to push my belly button back in. My midwife said it can be common and doesn’t harm the baby. She suggested that I wear a belly band if it really bothers me. I’m just worried that it just going to get worse as I get bigger.... 

1: Covid goes away and things can start returning to normal 
    2. end to childhood cancer 
    3. Financial stability so that I can continue to stay home with my son and this baby 

@angela444 I finally bought a pregnancy pillow and it’s helping me sleep a lot better. I don’t know why I never bought one when I was pregnant last time. 
  • Options
    @angela444 can we expand your no winter wish to all the province?
  • Options
    @westslopemama I just bought a forester a year ago, I wanted the smaller crosstrek for the fuel mileage but opted for the larger vehicle since we were trying to get pregnant at that point and figured the space would be needed.  Hopefully I don't have to upgrade again, I love my forester lol.  For camping etc we have a 4-door Rubicon which we just outfitted with a massive roof rack so I'm hoping we're in the clear!

@glupglup I'll share eternal summer of you share your teleporter!  Our family is all in Ontario.  Not quite as far as yours but still decidedly too far to just pop by for a visit.
  • Options
    @angela444 I think you’ll be fine with the forester. It worked for most trips, but we wanted something bigger tor road trips/camping adventures. I also like to sit in the backseat with the kids and that would be super uncomfortable in the forester. The forester has a lot more ground clearance, but I wanted a van over a bigger SUV for the ease of getting the kiddos in and out of the car, plus the extra space when you put the 3rd row of seats down. DH is good at navigating obstacles on dirt roads so hopefully we can get the van out to most campsites/trailheads and I’m hoping my husband upgrades his work truck to an extended cab so we can use that to get to 4 wheel drive trailheads. With your rubicon you’ll be set for camping! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16w, 6d

Due date? 10/30

Upcoming appointments? Yesterday OB, AS on 6/4

Rant/rave? Rant: my company is putting us on a reduced hours furlough, my department cut 60% so I'll be working just 15 hours per week. To me the worst part is they're making us use our accrued PTO to fill in the hours first, which I think well reduce my unemployment income, and really fucks with my maternity leave plans for later this year. My boss just said "well, it's get paid now or then," but now I can get unemployment, and then I won't.
    Rave: baby girl was being stubborn again yesterday and my ob couldn't find her heartbeat with the Doppler, so she did another ultrasound. Even though there was the temporary terror of no heartbeat, I was happy to get an extra peek at her. Ultrasound found her heartbeat and it was a healthy 150 bpm. 

Questions? If anyone knows a lot about Texas labor laws, is my company allowed to *make us* use our accrued PTO? My dad said his company tried to make their employees use PTO during furlough and California did not allow it.

1. Health
    2. Wealth
    3. Peace
    For everyone!
  • Options
    @westslopemama and @angela444 We have the Impreza. In case you aren’t aware it’s the same exact body as the Crosstrek, but lower to the ground. We love it, and are going to try and make it work. We figure with one child it should be okay. 

We just took our car in for service the other day, and they gave us a brand new Ascent for the night! That thing was huge!!!!
  • Options
    @animalandplantrescuer my husband drives an Impreza as his commuter car.  Our daughters car seat and stroller fit fine in the car so you guys should be fine.  
  • Options
    @anitamargarita_82 Thanks so much. We’re not ready to say goodbye to it yet, so we were hoping that was the fact. 
  • Options
    @animalandplantrescuer my first car was an Impreza, I loved that hatchback haha.  Big part of the reason I went for another Subaru this time around.