December 2020 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday 5/19/20

Who or what has been a Twatwaffle? 

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 5/19/20

• Options
    The governor of Florida is publicly refusing to admit that the unemployment system isn’t working and is instead blaming it on the people applying. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    karmbakarmba member
    Coworkers.  They are debating whether we should have a call at 8am or 7:30am tomorrow morning.  :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m so bitchy because I’m so freaking tired all the time because I’m still working full time and therefore I get up at 5am most days and even if I go to bed by 9pm I’m still exhausted when 5am rolls around the next morning! And to make things even better work has been giving me super heavy hard patient assignments and I’m about ready to snap with these hormones running through my veins lol 
  • Options
    Me. Between working full time from home, spending almost 24/7 with a grumpy DD, and pregnancy hormones I am borderline intolerable. 

@tryingktogku I feel you.
  • Options
    The lady helping us with our design choices on our new home today. She was not personable at all and in the 4 hours we were there, she didn’t even try to be friendly until it was time for us to pay. Occasionally she would walk over with a granite or tile and say “I showed you this one but you didn’t like it.” And set it back down in front of me again. 

Tbh, I started questioning my granite choice (which would change the backsplash and sink color too) towards the end of the appointment and she talked me out of it but now I’m going to think myself to death over it. 
  • Options
    Hub's employer. He's been laid off since March 21. First it was for a week. Then 2 weeks. Then "we'll let you know". He hasn't heard anything at all in 6 weeks and there is a rumor they may not go back to "regular production" until after the first of the year. 😳

And, of course, hubs for not being in any state of panic or really even seeming to have a sense of urgency until about 5 days ago.

We have 2 boys, a mortgage, and need a minivan before this baby is born, all of which will happen BEFORE New Year's. Are they freaking kidding?!
    image     image
  • Options
    Another furlough situation. DHs job. Not a peep since the end of March. We know he isn't "fired" since he still has all of his work technology (for now) but the limbo is the WORST. NYC opened up the application for teachers to work summer school (will also be remote) and it immediately crashed. I have not been able to apply yet. Money stuff is the biggest twatwaffle! 
  • Options
    @willashbaby NY has bean having so many issues with jobs and unemployment. Its super frustrating! Dh's work reopened but with reduced hours,  which means reduced pay and no more unemployment which finally kicked in1 week ago, with no back pay. Money is definitely  a twat-waffle
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    This whole situation is so messed up, and I feel so bad for everyone else who’s dealing with finances and furlough and everything else. I could go on and on about Florida’s unemployment issues and our stupid governor, but I won’t. I’m still waiting for mine to even process, and we have no idea when we’re going back to work. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    I guess I'm calling myself the Twatwaffle, since it's now Thursday and I never posted the WTF Wednesday...
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @bearmomma1 it happens lol I only knew today was Thursday because I set an alarm on my phone to post the Thankful Thursday thread haha
  • Options
    @bearmomma1 @nmadjeski I kind of feel like days don’t even exist anymore so it’s all good 😂
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    My boss' boss. She's the worst manager and least emotionally intelligent leader I've ever met. Seriously, I read a book on emotional intelligence and every "this is a mistake" behavior is one she has. Had a meeting yesterday morning with her, my boss, and two of our office directors where she spent most of it harping on the veracity of our analysis. Took 20 minutes of her lecturing to figure out that the actual problem is that she was upset that some data she asked for didn't fit the storyline she wanted to tell. Therefore everything is wrong (it's not), and we should have known that.  Her trope this past year is that she's here to teach us (no she's not), she won't be here forever (yeah b***h, we know and are counting the days), we need to think about basic things like double checking our work, etc, which we've had in standard practice for YEARS. In her head she thinks she's helping, but she has no idea how patronizing it is for her to tell people who have been here for 10+ years that we don't know how to do our jobs, and she can teach us to do it properly. Btw, this is a unit with a number of top Departmental awards and a stellar reputation across multiple administrations, we're not just a group of butthurt slackers. 
  • Options
    @akoros ewwww, how do people like that get so far? It's always blown my mind.
  • Options
    @akoros Yuck! That’s how people who don’t actually know how to lead act. They think that lectures and being condescending is the way to seem important and in charge. Not the most inspiring style for sure...
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    @willashbaby I think it's because she is very smart and is the type to hunker down and get out good work. She's very good at sucking up to those above her so they don't see her ugly side, just that she delivers above and beyond what they ask for and don't really care how she gets there. That probably works fine in a law firm (her normal job), particularly where interpersonal skills with underlings isn't exactly important, but not when you're a political appointee in charge of 150+ staff. 
  • Options
    @akoros agreed, there's a time and a place for that type of "skill set".