All Trimester Check-in May 18th

31magnolia31magnolia member
edited May 2020 in Pregnant after IF
Hi Everyone!
  • How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What's one thing (food, tv show, movie, exercise, etc.) that you dislike (and why) that you feel most people love?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling!!

@bluguitarhannah EDD 7/1 (girl)

@caitiemae EDD 1/30 (boy)

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@hanshotfirst77 EDD 6/21 (girl)

@knockupthestock EDD 7/23

@cirrra EDD 8/4

@wildrainbow EDD 8/16 (Boy)

@angelina1919 EDD 7/29

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8

@businesswife EDD 8/21

@31magnolia EDD 9/8 (Girl)

@artemis618 EDD 9/2 (Boy)

@mtpbadger EDD 11/13

@omarismyhomeboy EDD 12/24

@vetgirl2011 EDD???

@stella_700 EDD ???

@the_road_to_oz EDD???

Re: All Trimester Check-in May 18th

• How far along/EDD? 24w0d. YAY!!!
    • How are you feeling this week? I'm feeling pretty good. Trying to ramp up the exercise and before my next appointment. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Raves - Baby girl now responds if I thump on my stomach. It was so cute. I was at my mom's house the other day and she moved when I was leaving so my mom put her hand on my belly. I lightly thumped twice and Baby girl thumped back. Lol. My mom was so tickled. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB on June 2nd
    • GTKY: What's one thing (food, tv show, movie, exercise, etc.) that you dislike (and why) that you feel most people love? Running. I definitely couldn't do it now, but I've hated it since I was 13.  It's just painful and boring to me. Lol. My SO loves it and tries to get me to come with him. But I'd rather ride a bike or something!
  • cashewchickencashewchicken member
    edited May 2020
    • How far along/EDD? 28+3/Aug 4
    • How are you feeling this week? Sore. I’m having a lot of difficulty sleeping even with the pregnancy pillow. Wherever my body hits the mattress hurts. I’m wondering sleeping on top of pregnancy pillow helps or not. And lightening crotch! I don’t know if the baby girl is rubbing her head down there or just giving it a ton of kicks, but super uncomfortable. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Been super busy at work with one of my coworker quitting and some of his tasks coming to me. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB this Thursday, Fetal Echo this Fri. 
    • GTKY: What's one thing (food, tv show, movie, exercise, etc.) that you dislike (and why) that you feel most people love? Rom Com/Chick Flicks. Never cared much for the genre. Occasionally I do love a good love story, I recently watched all 8 episodes of Modern Love. But this genre is definitely not my favorite. 
    @31magnolia Congrats on reaching 24 weeks! I don’t know where you live, but I can tell you that most people hate running, so you’re in the majority lol. I mean the average American walks what 5000 steps a day (prob less with SIP)? No way people are running. I was in track and field my senior year in high school (but I totally sucked). That was the only time I actually enjoyed running. After running a few miles everyday, you do feel that “runner’s high.” Unfortunately if you are not a natural-born runner, you kinda have to keep up with running to maintain that high. I wasn’t born a runner, though I might want to start running 5-10k races after this pregnancy for health reasons. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Loading the player...
    • How far along/EDD?30w / Jul 29th
    • How are you feeling this week? Mostly good! I am getting used to the interrupted sleep, and getting back to sleep very fast, so no more insomnia lately.  A couple of days ago I started feeling some pressure and pain on the lower abdomen and right side.  I can feel the baby moving a lot more, it looks like he is starting to feel the space is more limited and he is trying to find a better spot….last night my belly shape was weird and this morning looks round again.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Well, failed the 1 hr glucose test ugghhhh, the number was not that bad according to the nurse, but I need to go have the 3 hr one.  My OB said is not uncommon to fail the 1 hr and only 10% really gets GD at the end, but not sure about that since there is some diabetes history in my family and my sister had it too.  I am trying to just focus on eating better since I found out about this, I have a very very sweet tooth, in case I end up with GD and then I will really need to change my diet. The OB said that is the first step if I fail the 3 hr test, just change my diet first.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Regular OB on 05/29
    • GTKY: What's one thing (food, tv show, movie, exercise, etc.) that you dislike (and why) that you feel most people love?  Exercise for sure!  If you need an excuse not to go to the gym, ask me! I have the perfect one.  Before getting pregnant I was forcing myself to exercise 3x a week, then getting pregnant was all I needed to stop.  Then my OB said I had to start walking for about 30 minutes a day.  Also I thought it would be a good way to prevent getting GD, but you see my point? It did not work!!!! So back to hating exercise…I will keep the walking though :/ 

• How far along/EDD? - 35+3, June 21st
    • How are you feeling this week? - I'm ok. I got a lot of rest this weekend which was great. But I am just SO over working. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? - I took next week off and I am so excited. Counting down the days to some rest and down time. And I plan to try and do as much last minute baby prep as possible. I'm also planning to talk to my OB next week about getting a doctors note to start maternity leave at 39 weeks. I'm torn on whether this is the right call or not. My son had to be evicted at 41+3 and I really don't want to waste precious maternity leave pre-baby, but I'm also so stressed and exhausted from working and I'm really hopeful that baby girl will come sooner than big brother did. But the uncertainty of when I will go into labor is hard when making this decision. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? 36 wk OB 5/21 after that it's check ups every week!
    • GTKY: What's one thing (food, tv show, movie, exercise, etc.) that you dislike (and why) that you feel most people love? - Milk in cereal. As a baby I was allergic to milk so I couldn't have it at all. As a kid I outgrew the allergy but the taste of straight milk always made me sick. So I can have stuff where it's mixed in like in a cake or something but I'll never drink a glass of milk. But anyways so my mom always gave me cereal dry in a bowl. And I've always eaten it like this, I've never had it any other way so this is 100% normal to me, and what cereal is supposed to taste like. But I've spent my entire life explaining this to people. whenever anyone sees me eat cereal it's like they are so shocked. To be fair I have not ever eaten it with milk, but the thought just grosses me out. The cereal will get all soggy. Why do people like that? Cereal is crunchy. Idk it's just weird to me. I love cereal and I don't think it's weird at all how I eat it lol

@31magnolia Congrats on viability! That's so cute about baby girl's movements. My girl seems to be shy, she moves like crazy for me, but every time big brother tries to feel her she suddenly stops lol.

@angelina1919 Sorry about the 1 hr test. With my son I failed the 1 hr and then passed the 3 hr. It is pretty common I think. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @hanshotfirst77 - Thanks lady! Aww, so big brother hasn't felt her yet? Well, I guess he only has a few more weeks before he sees her in person. Does she move for your mom? - Ok, your cereal explanation is hilarious. I think that might be one that I've never heard before, in regards to disliking something most people love. Soggy cereal. Lol. I usually don't drink milk either because I'm lactose intolerant, but I've started to buy it more (lactose free) so I can get the calcium for the baby. I can now drink it with cookies, cake, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. But cereal was the one item I would use milk and like it.

@angelina1919 - Glad you're now able to go back to sleep. That's crucial! - Haha on your exercise! I like it once I'm doing it, but I can find every excuse not to start it. Good luck on your 3 hour glucose test!! I've recently fallen off with my eating and exercise. I made chocolate cupcakes :(   Hoping to get back on track today. 

@cashewchicken - Thank you! My body hurts on the mattress too! And I loved my mattress before I was pregnant. I just keep trying to put most of my weight on the body pillow but it's hard. So I just go back and forth from one side to the other and at some point take 10 minute break on my back. But then that also hurts. - I live in TX and there's a lot of ppl who run. I just don't get it. And they look so peaceful when they do it, for a brief moment it makes me want to try and then reality hits and I'm like hell no. Lol. But you're probably right, there are most likely a lot of people who feel like I do. Your rom/com one is good though!

QUESTION: TMI - So I guess I've been having a lot of blood flow to the "lower regions", everything feels swollen down there. My SO looks at me and I'm like, don't even think about it buddy. But then I feel bad because I have no desire to be intimate or flirty (even kisses). Is this normal? And how do I get around it? I do actually feel like I'm neglecting my SO. I was going to mention it to my doctor at my next appointment. 

• @31magnolia Yeah poor kid hasn't felt it. But oddly enough she will move a lot when he is around, like she can hear him talking. He's been learning to read so when we read bedtime stories he has been doing a lot of the reading and I think she likes his voice. My mom hasn't felt her either. It's weird but I think part of me is enjoying being the only one to feel her so far. She will be here soon and then they all can see her lol. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3