November 2020 Moms

Product Spotlight: Diapering

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions about, S+TMs to share their prior experience with, and everyone to share what they're eyeing in the world of maternity, baby and postpartum products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. This week we're discussing diapering! 

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to navigate and respond to.

For S+TMs: 

• Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice:
  • Favorite diaper type/brand (cloth, disposable, etc.):
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like and don't like about it:
  • Is there a diaper type/brand you don't have but are considering? Why?:
  • Is there a diaper type/brand you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: 
  • Additional thoughts on diapers?:

For FTMs:

• Diaper type/brand you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions for S+TMs?:

To view past Product Spotlights or the upcoming schedule, see

here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Aqb8MGEYn0PQtTuPg16w7-ypItLmVIMNyU5AteGqodM/edit?usp=sharing

Re: Product Spotlight: Diapering

• @bserena cloth diapering is great! We do it part time/during the day when we're home. DD is a heavy wetter so we never mastered cloth diapering for nap/bedtime. We have a variety of pockets (got almost all of them locally 2nd hand through FB market place) just strip and clean them really well. You want to have a GOOD wash routine. There are a ton of sources online regarding that. We do folded up flats and inserts in the pockets. It's easiest for MH since I stuff the diapers and have a stack ready for him to use during the day.  Make sure to have cloth diaper safe diaper cream! We didn't bother trying to vloth diaper while DD was a newborn. You're so sleep deprived between BFing and constantly changing diapers and new baby chaos that we just did disposables, but there are new born sized cloth diapers. I'm contemplating getting a few for the twins since they'll likely be quite a bit smaller at birth than DD and we might actually get more usage out of them. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Loading the player...
  • @bserena I cloth diapered full time and am happy to answer any questions you have about it! I'm super happy with it 💜

Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice: We're pretty hippie, so I was definitely interested in cloth diapers for environmental reasons, plus we live off grid and don't have trash pick up, and the thought of taking garbage cans full of dirty diapers to the dump in the back of my SUV in the middle of the summer was super disgusting. We're also on a budget, so saving money on diapers was a big plus, and were planning on having more kids, so would be able to use our diaper stash for future kids. We wound up cloth diapering full time - I have never purchased a single disposable, and haven't used one since the first days home from the hospital, even when traveling.  He's 2 now, and potty trained except for nights/naps, and we have almost everything we'll need for this baby. 
    *I will say that I don't think I I could have done it without a good washer and dryer*

Favorite diaper type/brand (cloth, disposable, etc.): Thirsties AIO and pockets, Blueberries AIO and Green Mountain Diapers Cloth-eez Workhorse fitteds and prefolds with Thirsties covers

Link/picture: 

Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): the AIOs and pockets are expensive upfront, but you use em forever!

What you like and don't like about it: You wouldn't want to CD if you were squeamish about poop (but you could say the same about being a parent in general). It does take some time to wash and dry diapers, which can be a challenge. I liked how they looked, I liked saving money, I liked how they worked. 

Is there a diaper type/brand you don't have but are considering? Why?: Nah, just going to get more of the same.

Is there a diaper type/brand you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: I initially bought 5 or 6 different brands and then bought more of the ones I liked best. I didn't really like any except for Cloth-Eez Workhorse, Thirsties and Blueberry. I still have them, but only use them if I have to..I can go check brands later and edit.

Additional thoughts on diapers?: I loved cloth diapering and am happy to answer questions/talk more about it!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• I'm also thinking about cloth diapering. DH really likes the idea of it, but of course he does not currently do the laundry. Unsure how it would work with daycare since I likely will not be a SAHM. @hedgepig your post is super helpful! I wonder if our W/D could handle it since they were hand-me-downs from my dad! They still work great for us, but obviously we aren't tossing in things that are completely soiled...front-loading whirlpool duet but I'd have to see how old (<10 years, I'm sure.)
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • mimsermimser member
    I also plan on doing cloth diapering! I'm open to doing disposables for the first 2 months if we feel it's too much.

@hedgepig How did you find CD with a newborn?
    Also, what's a good number of diapers to have on hand to start?
  • For any of the Mamas that are planning on disposables as I didn't get into cloth diapering:

• Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice:  Not too sure there are many factors that influence the disposable route
    • Favorite diaper type/brand (cloth, disposable, etc.):  Pamper Baby Dry, Pampers Cruisers and Pampers Cruisers 360
    • Link/picture:
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $$$ I would say Pampers are on the more expensive end of disposables
    • What you like and don't like about it:  N/A
    • Is there a diaper type/brand you don't have but are considering? Why?:  The only ones I never gave a try were Honest, but I heard conflicting stories for dryness and for the price never really considered.  I also didn't stick with them, but the Parent's Choice Premium Brand was a little less expensive and seemed to work for us as well (I only tried one box though)
    • Is there a diaper type/brand you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: It isn't that I absolutely hate them, I just have a daughter that can pee right through them LOL.  Huggies, Luvs, Up&Up, Parent's Choice, Hello Bello.
    • Additional thoughts on diapers?:  You will get a lot of diapers at your shower.  Use them all, but save the ones that you know hold the most as your nighttime diapers.  And do not be afraid to try as many brands as possible until you find the right fit.
  • @lovelee3 As long as they get your clothes clean, your W/D should be fine for diapers. I don't have experience with front loaders, but there's lots of resources online that might be able to help. 

@mimser Honestly, putting in a cloth diaper doesn't really take any more time or trouble for me than a disposable, and when they're newborn (if they're exclusively BF) you don't even have to spray out the poop. It's water soluble and just washes out. For me it was surprisingly easy. I'd say I had about 20 diapers in my newborn stash, of varying types. It also depends on how often you wash. Back then I washed every other day, so I almost never used all of them.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @lurvleybunchococonuts What diaper cream do you like for CDs? DS never had a lot of rashes, so I didn't ever use much, but he's peeing so much at night these days that even though he's only in them for nights and naps he's wound up with a wicked rash...
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig the green boudreaux butt paste is CD friendly and works great for DD. We tried burt's bees brand and I felt like it did nothing. IIRC Hello Bello is also supposed to be CD safe, but I've never used it. 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Bless all you cloth diapering mamas. It just wasn't for us!

S+TMs: 

• Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice: we went with disposables
    • Favorite diaper type/brand (cloth, disposable, etc.): Amazon's Mama Bear brand ended up being our go-to with Subscribe and Save
    • Link/picture: https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Brand-Diapers-Count-Bears/dp/B0746G1ZDW
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $$
    • What you like and don't like about it: very convenient, hypoallergenic (free of fragrance, chlorine, etc.), and Subscribe and Save gets them down to $0.17 per diaper Size 1, $0.19 per diaper Size 4, which I believe is cheaper than Pampers but not sure about Up&Up
    • Is there a diaper type/brand you don't have but are considering? Why?:
    • Is there a diaper type/brand you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: Honest diapers didn't have the color wetness indicator strip. Let me tell you, when they go through them as quickly as they do in the newborn phase and your child cries every time she has a wet diaper, you need that color strip to quickly tell you whether it's a diaper or something else she's crying about!
    • Additional thoughts on diapers?: we use both aquaphor and the green Boudreaux's butt paste. Started with Wet Wipes and moved to Costco Kirkland brand wipes, which I now prefer
  • mimsermimser member
    @hedgepig what did you like about your favorite brands? I'll probably buy local so I'd like to know what to look for. Also, snaps or velcro?
  • hedgepighedgepig member
    edited May 2020
    @mimser I found them easy to use, they washed and dried well, and didn't leak. They also fit my kid well - some of your choice will depend on you baby's shape/body type. DS was normal/slim (definitely not a chubby baby), so brands that fit him well may not be the brands that fit another baby well. I also liked that those were all natural fibers (cotton and hemp), and available in organic. They held up well even after over a hundred washes.

ETA: I also liked that they were either AIO, or for the pocket diapers the inserts agitated out on their own in the washer. Also, the fabric and design were easy to spray off the poop into the toilet. Some of the other brands had fabric types that made it really hard to spray them clean, or designs that tended to hide poop. The Cloth-eez Workhorse fitteds are super soft and all around absorbent - we love them for night time diapers because they really soak up the pee, and are less likely to leak than other types. I will also say that I am always reading about people with newborn "blowouts" with poop up the back of the shirt, and I never experienced even one of those with cloth diapers. Every once and a while we got a pee leak, but almost never any poop spill over, and that was almost always user error (grandma or dad, usually). 
    Also, re: daycare - DS never went to real daycare, but was with my mom or MIL most days after I went back to work. They did fine with the AIOs and pockets. I gave them a wet bag and they'd just put all diapers, including poop, in there and I would spray them when I got home. In this way, I don't see how they'd be any different than disposables for most daycare providers. 
    Lastly, I would add that cloth wipes are super easy and work great and are a total no brainer if you are already washing diapers. My favorite are the OsoCozy cloth wipes.

I like snaps and velcro, but usually opt for velcro as it makes it just a little easier to get a good fit on a squirmy kid. All of my velcro has held up just fine over many washes, and for me the PUL on the covers gave out before the velcro did.

I love shopping local, and you should do fine if you are in a bigger metro area/have a cloth diaper boutique, but there weren't any in my area. If you end up shopping online, or just for browsing/comparing, I highly recommend Green Mountain Diapers. I have been super happy with them, and they're a small family owned business. They have tons of info and pictures, including lots of "pictures on a real baby", which can be really helpful!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• mimsermimser member
    Super helpful response 🤗 thanks @hedgepig!
  • @mimser I edited and added quite a but too, if you didn't see that part. 😁
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @bserena I've cloth diapered two now, and 100% plan to do it again. (Though with my first, we didn't start until 9 months, and we did the first month in disposables with #2 because whew.) I low-key love it; I think I spent maaaybe $300 on diapers in the last two years, including times I bought a diaper because it was cute, not because we necessarily needed it. We do a mix of flats, prefolds, and pockets with their microfiber inserts. (Everyone swears by hemp and bamboo, but they're expensive and i haven't pulled the trigger on that.) And now it's nice because we're not gonna need a whole lot extra for the next one — I sold her newborn and smaller sized covers because we didn't think we were having another one. (This is gonna be a theme for me, lmao.)

I will say that it's much easier this time around because we have a parent home and have a washer and dryer; we were coin-op with my son, and it suuuuucked. Also my daughter pees like a racehorse now that she's a toddler, so it we're not on top of it, she gets pretty damp sometimes. Not a downside for me personally, but I'm sure it'd annoy someone, lol. 
    • Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice: Laundry is the devil! And I think I would get to grossed out to do cloth diapers and throw a lot away. We also don’t have a mud sink in the laundry room. < I could see that as being super helpful.
    • Favorite diaper type/brand (cloth, disposable, etc.): Disposable. The favorites changed based on age. Before solids Pampers swaddlers, then Huggies Snug and Dry, at about a year Huggies Little Movers.
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):$$
    • What you like and don't like about it:diaper changing in general! Haha
    • Is there a diaper type/brand you don't have but are considering? Why?: No not really
    • Is there a diaper type/brand you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: I hated the LUVS, they always felt very saturated. Also any diaper that didnt have the wet indicator... a reason why we never stuck with the super cute Honest brand.
    • Additional thoughts on diapers?: Rashes: boudrroux butt paste works best. Destiten out of the jar seemed to suck, it wouldn’t stick to even a dry booty.
    • Wipes: Our favorite wipes were the sensitive pampers.... the ones with the snapping top. Some are just the refill, and we had a hard time even finding a wipes container. With covid we were forced to try other brands. The cheapest dollar general were too wet. Huggies are okay, they are just really thick. I did find some Huggies Shea butter ones that I liked for makeup.
    • Diaper pail: I prefer the Ubbi over the Genie. The Ubbi has a higher upfront price, but you use regular trash bags unlike the genie.The little arm and hammer bags are great for the car and diaper bag for on the go, so you don’t stink up someones house, or your car.
  • @potofgolden The arm and hammer baggies are definitely a pro-tip that I will be utilizing.
  • I could never get hubby on board with cloth diapering.

For those doing disposables, buy a small bag first to test them. My first peed right through LUVS, so I had a huge box of useless diapers. Huggies, Pampers, and Target brand were wins for us. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @hedgepig talk to me some more about CDing a NB.  I'm seriously considering of getting some NB sized since even if we do it just part time, the twins will be going through A LOT of diapers.  I wish there were a company (maybe there is and I just don't know) that will send you "sampler" bundle of a bunch of different brands/set ups to try out instead of having to pick/chose/buy individually (I'm so indecisive!).

When you wash your AIO's do you line dry? Or toss them in the dryer?  Do they take forever to dry out?  (never used AIOs but considering getting a few to try out).  With DD we have primarily pockets and then a few covers that I'll just pad fold a flat around and insert.  I never got the hang of any other folds.  I've never loved the prefolds I have, I'll use them, but maybe they're just the wrong size.  I just feel like they're so bulky if I try to fold them, but too big to use as an inset in the pockets.  Ugh... 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I was kind of intimidated about it too, but a couple of days home from the hospital we ran out of the disposables they sent us home with and made the switch to cloth and never looked back! I did have a few AIOs in newborn size, but didn't use them much - I'm not sure why, but I guess I just wasn't in the habit, and maybe when he was super tiny they leaked more/didn't fit as well? I think I didn't like the snapdown ride adjusters as they made it too awkward/bulky on a tiny baby? At any rate, I used Green Mountain Diapers Cloth-Eez Workhorse fitteds in newborn with Thirsties covers for the first few months and they were perfect! I actually still use a lot of workhorse fitteds with covers. I like them because I don't have to do any folds (like you I had prefolds but never mastered any of the folds and used them just as backup), and they are wrap-around absorbent, so they have to be completely saturated before they leak. The fit was super adjustable for a newborn, and using a snapping to hold it on was nice and secure. And I didn't find it more difficult or time consuming than the disposables we used at first. 
    I am pretty sure there are also options out there for preemies/tiny babies, which you might look in to, since the twins may be small? Or start with disposables until they are bigger? I like that GMD has lots of pictures of diapers on real babies, including a fitted on a baby as small as 5 lbs, so it is possible! They also have good guidance on sizing in general.

As for AIOs - we now have a mixture of AIOs, pockets and fitteds w/ covers and I like all of them! I mostly have pockets and AIOs so I could send them with him to grandma's house for daycare and have it be super easy for them. They take a while to dry, but not excessively long. I always dry them in the dryer because I don't like the way they'd be stiff when I line dried them (and they took forever unless it was super hot out). I do like to hang them out in the sun for the sun bleaching sometimes though! It's pretty magical on the poop stains. I haven't had to throw away any of my AIOS because the PUL has degraded (yet), but I have worn out a set of covers, and some wet bags because I dried them in the dryer. I do try to hang the covers and bags, but sometimes that was just more the I could handle.

Sorry about the novel! I hope it helps! Feel free to ask more questions!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig awesome thank you!!! I'm leaning towards getting some fitteds and covers so I will def keep those in mind. The twins will likely be pretty small at first so I know I'll have to get some preemie/NB sized ones. I'm hoping since they'll be smaller (and in duplicate) we'll be able to get a bit more use out of some NB sized stuff than we otherwise would. 
    OMG those pictures are giving me all the feels 😍😭😍😭

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• We should all be talking to our DH’s friends/brothers about throwing him a Pamper Party, you could even do it with the cloth route. It gives them an excuse to get together and drink beer (which they will totally be on board with) and you get loads of all kinds of diapers to try out.
  • @potofgolden we did that with my cousin! We had a Diaper Keg Party and everyone just brought diapers.  They are pretty much set until my niece grows out of diapers!
  • Jay's nest on youtube is a good channel to check out for NB cloth diapering. 
  • I also use cloth diapers! So surprised to see so many others do too!

I second using Green Mountain Diapers (GMD) fitted workhorses for the newborn stage. DS was 6lb 10oz and fit in them for a while. We paired them with velcro thirsties double gusset covers for ease. We did get a few newborn AIO but he outpeed  them before he outgrew them so I won't get anymore.

Most of my stash was 2nd hand from FB groups, I have a mix of Charlie Bananas pockets, Bumgenius AIO and pockets, Applecheeks pockets and Mama koala pockets.

Charlie Bananas have an adjustable elastic for the leg opening and were the first OS that fit. 
    Bumgenius have the PUL at belly level which has been a lifesaver for our tummy sleeper. The AIOs he's just starting to need an extra insert for absorbancy. 
    Mama Koala are very similar to BG but without the belly panel - I just wanted the Starry Night print haha
    Applecheeks werwere highly recommended, especially for/by Canadians as they're made there but we couldn't get a good fit and had leaks.

Daytime inserts we used 1, then 2 microfiber inserts no problem until recently. I've started adding a cotton doubler or hemp if we're going longer between changes.

For nighttime we use BG pocket with 2 thirsties hemp wrapped in a flour sack towel topped with a small microfiber insert. He's a big fluffbutt. It took a long while to work up to all that and honestly once he stopped nursing MOTN we had way less issues. 

For cleaning, Fluff Love University was my starting point (website and Facebook) - they're a little on the rigid side (people either love or hate them) but I haven't had any issues. Green Mountain Diapers also have wash routines. 

DS had a sensitive bottom and we had to use a mix or extra strength desitin, cornstarch, and liquid antacid to clear it up and just used Viva paper towels as liners. Zinc products are ok but will leave a white stain, petroleum products will repel and so are a no go without liners (unless you use natural fibers and hot water cycles, I think, dont quote me).

I use a 13 gallon gal garbage can with lid and pail liner to keep dog and kid out of it. A separate smaller wet bag for the poop diapers once on solids. I put a small garbage can with the bottom cut out in the toilet and use a sprayer and designated poop spatula on wash days (usually twice a week). With gloves it's not too bad. 

Daycare is fine with CD. I just make sure everything is assembled and ready to go. I take a clean wet bag for each day as they can't leave dirty diapers there overnight. We did have more leaks early on but it was just a learning curve for them
  • mimsermimser member
    @hedgepig and @ksdelong20 I'm looking into fitted diapers now. Weirdly it seems that where I am locally, very few shops have the fitted ones and people prefer the pocket diapers. But you ladies are so convincing! Anyway, I just had a stupid question, do you add inserts to the fitted diapers? I understand that you use a cover over them also. 
  • @mimser I don't usually add any inserts to my fitteds, except for nighttime diapers. For nights I also like a layer of fleece (I use the GMD maldon mills stay dry liners). The fitteds are so absorbent! We also love our pocket diapers for sure, but we didn't start using them so much until DS was older.
    @lurvleybunchococonuts DS was a big baby, but had always been on the slim side, and he stayed in those NB fitteds for sooo long! They were a great investment!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig that's great to know! I'm keeping my eye out for fitted diapers (and secretly hoping my mom will gift me some). I prefer to get 95% of my CD 2nd hand. And I'm going tomorrow to pick up a whole bunch from two different ladies. I'm so excited! One lot is a bunch of small sized fuzzibunz with a few brand new NB AIOs and the other is a mixed lot of NB to one size with various inserts/prefolds/etc. Plus I have some NB covers and prefolds coming in the mail that were prepped but never used. I'll be posting pics once I get them sorted and washed 😍
    I can't wait to CD those itty bitty booties!!!!

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts That's great that you've had so much success with used CDs - me, not so much. I have gotten lots of nice prefolds and inserts that way, but the PUL or elastic tend to be shot on covers and AIOs. Once I found the brands I liked I stopped picking up used for the most part because I didn't want to be disappointed...
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig The first bunch of 2nd hand diapers I got with DD I came across a bunch with shot elastics and terrible PUL. It forced me to learn to redo the elastic for a number of them (I couldn't stand the idea of having completely wasted my money on them) ;) It's pretty easy, just time consuming. And we used a few of the shot PUL for swim dipes. It certainly was a learning curve! I know now to ask for photos of the PUL and to ask on the elastic condition. One lady took a video showing the elastics for me. The ones not local/being shipped to me were bought new, prepped, and never used so I trust they should be good.  

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @minser we only used the newborn size fitteds (and one small that got shipped on accident) and they seemed to hold all the pee as long as he fit in them while we were still changing frequently. You could add an insert if needed but they're so absorbent 

The Bumgenius I got 2nd hand could definitely use the elastics replaced but we managed to keep the legs tight enough to prevent leaks. It's on my to do list before October... 😬

@lurvleybunchococonuts I've had pretty good luck buying most of mine 2nd hand. A few duds here and there that will be play/swim diapers but it's been worth it. Plus I enjoy scouring fb groups and bst for good deals
  • mimsermimser member
    Just found out our city borough gives up to $150 to families using cloth diapers ! 🎉
  • My CD scores picked up yesterday (in spoiler).
    Out of all of them looks like only the size 2 Thirsties have shot elastic, but might be still useable for my massive 18mo. Majority of the inserts look like they were purchased brand new and never even prepped! These itty bitty size diapers are making me 😍😭😍😭 I cannot wait to diaper tiny little butts ❤❤ 
    9 Thirsties aio (size 1)
    1 Thirsties aio (size NB)
    1 Nicki's aio (size NB)
    3 Nicki's cover (size NB) 
    1 Imagine cover (size NB)
    2 Thirsties cover (size xsmall)
    1 Thirsties cover (size small)
    1 Thirsties cover (size medium)
    9 Thirsties cover (size 1)
    2 Thirsties pockets (size 1)
    13 Fuzzibunz pockets (size small)
    2 no name pocket (one size fits all)
    1 Bumgenius pocket (one size fits all
    3 Imagine cover (one size fits all)
    2 Thirsties cover (one 2)
    1 Best Bottoms cover (one size fits all)

And for inserts:
    3 Thirsties duo
    5 Thirsties hemp
    6 Babykick contoured hemp/cotton (size small)
    13 no name microfiber
    6 Bumgenius microfiber
    12 no name WAHM cotton/fleece(?) 
    12 Nicki's prefolds (size small)
    9 no name prefolds (size small)
    1 Thirsties hemp/cotton prefold

Total cost: $145

Complete stash shot below! Lower photo NB/Thirsties size 1 (right box AIOs left box covers with prefolds). Top left photo one size fits all that currently fit DD. Top right photo larger than NBs but too small for DD.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts What a score!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• crizz13crizz13 member
    • Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice: we went with disposables
    • Favorite diaper type/brand (cloth, disposable, etc.): Pampers - we always start out with swaddlers, then move in to cruisers when the babies are more mobile and overnights for when they sleep longer stretches
    • Link/picture:
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $$
    • What you like and don't like about it: super absorbent, easy to get, we use amazon subscribe and save and our girls have never had issues with them 
    • Is there a diaper type/brand you don't have but are considering? Why?: N/A
    • Is there a diaper type/brand you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: Honest diapers are the only other ones we tried because I thought the patterns were cute - they were not nearly as absorbent as pampers. 
    • Additional thoughts on diapers?: Boudreaux's butt paste - the extra strength kind (red packaging) for all rashes. Don't waste money on wipe warmers, and pay attention to the types of wipes you use. For Huggies wipes irritated my girls' skin but they're fine with water wipes and most other brands. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Holy guacamole! 😮 Especially @scatteringashes regarding if hemp are worth the cost... I started using the babykicks cotton/hemp inserts I got the other day. Doing 1 microfiber insert with the cotton/hemp behind it inside a pocket and let's just say within 24 hours of using them I "get it" in regards to hemp now. They're super thin and have been completely saturated, but DD is completely dry when I change her! Usually she's a smidge damp when I use two microfibers or a flat + microfiber. I'm excited to try the Thirsties duo inserts next. 

@Hedgepig my mom is on the look out for clotheez workhorses for me 🙌 (she has a cousin who has a 2nd hand baby store so 🤞🤞🤞)

@scatteringashes again, from what I was reading the other day bamboo is more delicate than cotton or hemp. So be careful about what detergents you use to wash bamboo and they recommend line drying cause dryer heat may cause damage. 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• mimsermimser member
    I just purchased my first bunch of cloth diapers 😍 I got 10 velcro pocket diapers from a local brand (La petite Ourse). They were exceptionally 38% off, I couldn't resist! And one has to start somewhere 🤷‍♀️