Infertility

May 2020 FET

A handful of us have been waiting for clinics to begin treatment again after the COVID-19 shutdown.  Who is planning for a FET in May?

I am on estradiol now and going in for monitoring on 5/7.  My FET is tentatively scheduled for 5/13.  
History and blog link in spoiler
2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
May 2020 FET; BFN
July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

Re: May 2020 FET

• laurad75 said:
    A handful of us have been waiting for clinics to begin treatment again after the COVID-19 shutdown.  Who is planning for a FET in May?

I am on estradiol now and going in for monitoring on 5/7.  My FET is tentatively scheduled for 5/13.  
    Yay!! That is so soon! I’m so excited!! 

******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• I have a mock transfer next week and hen I will start estradiol. So excited to get started! 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • Hi, I am supposed to call with CD1 (within the next week) to begin the FET process ssince my clinic has finally opened to those again! I am guessing official transfer would fall end of June. With everything so slow around here with so much on hold I wonder if it would be reasonable to do like a May/June/July FET board? Do you think that could gain more engagement or maybe that is too large of a time range?

• I am having my retrieval done the week of 11-15 after I have two monitoring sessions. I won't be doing a fresh transfer as my embies need time for testing PGS. Right now I am doing the injections. 
  • @becca07024411 I think that’s a great idea to start a spring/summer thread for everyone getting started. There are so few of us right now it would be nice to have some others to share updates with. 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @greateggspectations How are the injections going? 

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 yes- this isn't my first rodeo, but it's been a while so I feel like such a newb. I thought about going and looking back over the July 2018 FET thread to spark my memory. Thankfully I kept a calendar from last time to remember the process of how long for everything, etc!
  • Thanks for asking, Laura! I started them Thursday night (made my husband give them) and then put on my woman panties and gave them to myself last night. I am optimistic. My baseline US was done Monday and the doc said I had "larger ovaries" than he estimated. Thanks, I guess? lol
  • CD1 for me today, so I called my RE and should get my official schedule Wednesday or Thursday. I am going to ask to possibly stay on BCP and extra week or two to push back when I am guessing my transfer date would be. My OBGYN is out of the country the last few weeks of February every year for a mission trip and if I get lucky and this round works I would prefer her to be in the county. On a scale of 1-10 how ridiculous is that?
  • Hi Ladies,

I’m newish here — had a successful transfer two years ago and have a wonderful baby boy and now I’m trying for number 2.  Im CD6 or CD7. I didn’t do any prep this time but I’m hoping the fact that I’m not working is the equivalent of acupuncture 😂. We decided not to wait because if this little egg doesn’t take we have to do another round and we would rather know sooner or later.... I’m kinda sad because I did some pandemic baking and my plus size frame is 10lbs larger.

All in all I’m excited we get to move forward in our journey and I wish us all BFP!!!

• @becca07024411 I don't think that's crazy at all.  I was pregnant at the end of last year (sadly ended with mc) and we scheduled my c-section delivery around my OB's annual vacation. 

Welcome @avidlyuks36!  How old is your little boy?  My first transfer is 20 months.  I'm so hopeful he will be a big brother soon.  I've been doing a ridiculous amount of baking too but I'm blaming my weight gain on estradiol.  

My monitoring appt is tomorrow and if all looks good my transfer will be a week from today.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• TW...

@becca07024411 I had a transfer August 26 2018 which resulted in my daughter, Emma who just turned 1 on May 5. We are waiting for our fertility clinic to reopen and then will proceed with another embryo transfer to try for our second child, we are very lucky and have 12 embryo's remaining. I think CD1 will be around May 17, so hopefully we can transfer in June. 

@laurad75 Very exciting!! I hope your monitoring appt went well! 

Is there a June board set up yet?

• Thanks @sfield21. Monitoring went okay but my lining is light so I’m increasing estradiol and going back next week. 

Someone had suggested setting up a spring FET thread since there are less of us with so many cycles on hold. I can’t change the thread title here to do that but feel free to start it. :smile:

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 thanks for the welcome. My son just turned 1 in April :) He is getting to the rambunctious age and I can't wait for him to master a few words so we can order us around like a proper toddler instead of screaming as a sole form of communication.

Had my first appt and linning was looking good -- 9.something on CD10.I have a follow-up on Monday and I have a feeling that I may have the trigger shot on Wednesday/Thursday which will be exciting. 

I'm debating whether I can/should go to acupuncture -- COVID19 has me pretty relaxed despite the fact that we're living through a pandemic. I'm tempted to go twice before the transfer and 2 or 3 times after but I'm not sure-- have you done acupuncture?

I can set-up a spring FET chat :)

Have a great weekend ladies :)
  • becca07024411becca07024411 member
    edited May 2020
    @avidlyuks36 my son just turned one in April also! Tuesday was CD1 for me and just got my protocol for an FET towards the end of June. I will be glad to join you in the Spring FET board. I did acupuncture before my second retrieval. I am not sure if it helped or not. I think the effectiveness kinda depends on each individual and if something is off or "imbalanced" or not, but I do agree there is really no downside. I don't plan on doing it for the upcoming transfer, but that is only because the nearest one is over an hour away and only open the middle of the day 2 days a week, so I would have to miss work and it would probably just cause a lot more stress than benefit. I did a massage before our second FET. Again, not sure if it actually helped that one work or not, but it definitely helped me relax and it felt nice, so I plan to do it again! 
  • @avidlyuks36 I have done acupuncture for all my previous cycles but it’s not possible now. I’m doing remote acupuncture treatment where my acupuncturist and I do a video call and she coaches me on placement of small needles. Then I take a nap. It’s awesome. 

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @avidlyuks36 Did you set up a spring FET board? This board is so quiet... :( 
    How is everyone's progress going?

I had CD1 on Saturday and started taking estrogen, I am going to our clinic on CD 14 (May 29th) to check my hormone levels and lining thickness. We're hoping for an early June FET. 
  • @sfield21 Yup!  @avidlyuks36 did start a Spring FET board.  Come on over and join us. https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12753247/spring-fet :)