1st Trimester

Spotting/cramping/small blood clot

I had an internal ultrasound due some light bleeding performed on 5/14 and started spotting Saturday or Sunday. It went on for about 2-3 days off and on, then slowed/stopped. TMI I had a lot of diarrhea yesterday and noticed light bleeding (red) after my last BM. I wiped again and there was a blood clot about pea size. I've had cramping but unsure if it is due to gas and diarrhea or the bleeding.

This is my first pregnancy and I'm very nervous. During my scan the tech saw a heartbeat and said I was about 6 weeks. BPM was 113. She didn't say their was a subchorionic hemorrhage or anything so not sure what is going on. My midwife said that spotting might be my "norm" but the clot has me freaked.

Re: Spotting/cramping/small blood clot

• The clot was yesterday and have since stopped spotting. 
  • The ultrasound probably irritated the cervix which can cause bleeding.  If you have stopped since yesterday, you are more than likely fine.  
  • Loading the player...
  • bleeding can be completely normal.  I have bled in all my pregnancies.  My most recent I had several clots and bled for a few weeks.  Baby is 5 months  old now.
  • holly321 said:
    bleeding can be completely normal.  I have bled in all my pregnancies.  My most recent I had several clots and bled for a few weeks.  Baby is 5 months  old now.
    Thank you for sharing your experience Holly. That is reassuring. ❤
  • Just reaching out bc I am going insane.... I am 5weeks with my first pregnancy and started bleeding yesterday. A mix of dark and light heavy at first but tapered off. Never filled a pad. Nothing happened over night but it’s starting to get heavier again as the day goes on. My doctors office won’t be open till Tuesday. I just don’t know what to do
  • @knottiebc342fc342ceccd4 there’s really nothing you can do. Does your doctors office have an on call doctor? I would call them. If not, call first thing tomorrow morning.