me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
DX: MFI
IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Yesterday I went to make a sandwich & found 4 bags of bread—all with just the ends left. I asked DH to just throw them out instead of putting them back if he isn’t ever going to eat them, along with the 3 empty jelly containers he’s left in the fridge and the empty container of OJ. He had an EPIC meltdown over this, about how I’m perfect & everything he does is wrong. (His standard go-to during an argument.) Needless to say, there was no BD last night. I swear to gawd, he always pulls this shite right in the middle of FW. Sometimes I feel like I’m married to a hormonal teenager. 
  • krash_krash_ member
    @keikilove MH is the exact same way! Last night it was about the dishes. He doesn't rinse them and then puts them in the dishwasher where they sit for a day or two because we don't need to run it everyday so when I went to empty it half the dishes in there had dried on crusty food bits and residue. Our conversation when about the same as yours. I feel like I can't give him feedback on anything because it just becomes a stupid argument and then he decides that if he can't do it my way then he wont do it at all. So frustrating! 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • @krash_ Uuuggghhhh, so sorry you’re dealing w the same thing. You nailed it: I feel like I can’t give feedback because I can’t predict his reaction. Sometimes he’s logical, other times he feels attacked & criticized. Really??? We just asked you to rinse the dishes and throw out the empty containers of food! It’s nothing personal, just common sense. 
  • @keikilove see if I suggested DH rinse the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher I'd get the reasoning that "that's what a dishwasher is for! Why would I rinse it first if the dishwasher is already going to do that". If we have something with ketchup or barbecue sauce and squirted it onto our plates instead of a little bowl he wouldn't rinse that either and that drives me a little bonkers because is it really so much to ask to just get the bulk of it off the plate?

His family is an everything goes in the dishwasher no matter what family and I can't even count anymore the number of times I'd watch someone in his family start emptying the dishwasher, hold something up to the light (usually a glass) and place it back in the dishwasher because it wasn't fully clean. Drives me absolutely nuts.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • mvt2003mvt2003 member
    @keikilove @inthewoods23 Here's where I admit something: my mom was rabid about rinsing off every dish before it went in, but I am absolutely not. I am in fact far too lax about not rinsing, and sometimes dishes have to go through twice. MH calls it being "MVT stacked" and has largely taken the dishes over for that reason. 

I'm not mad about the fact that he does something around the house, so will likely never change my "MVT stacking" ways. :D:D:D 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @inthewoods23 I lol-ed at the image of YH’s family holding things up to the light & putting back into dishwasher.😩🤣

@mvt2003 I totally get your point. MH is so incredibly helpful around the house that it seems ridic to criticize the way he does anything. But his refrigerator org skills are severely lacking.🤪
  • shlecksshlecks member
    I am 100% the same as y'all here regarding the rinsing. The one utensil that really gets me is a peanut butter covered knife.  YOU NEED TO RINSE THAT ISH OFF.  I have to get all the goo off EVERYTHING before it goes in to the dishwasher.  However, I have heard that you're not supposed to do that.  Here's an example of an article I've seen: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/570520/why-you-shouldnt-rinse-dishes-putting-them-dishwasher
    Not going to try it, but apparently we're doing it wrong!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @shlecks 27 gallons when hand washing??? I find that hard to believe unless you're washing every item in your kitchen. Then again those kitchen sinks are deceivingly large. My sink can fit a 16" round pizza pan laying flat.

Math time:
    There are 7.5 gallons in a cubic foot (1728in^3 volume)

My sink measures approximately 19" x 18" x 8" or 2736in^3 so not even 2 cubic feet. Even if I fully filled up my sink to wash dishes, I would need to use a sink-full plus more when rinsing all the dishes to get to 27 gallons.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • shlecksshlecks member
    @inthewoods23 Are they accounting for restaurants maybe?  Like with the big hose that they bring down and just spray everything all crazy. I have no idea.  You have a HUGE sink!! I mean, compared to mine I suppose.  So yeah, they must have exaggerated their data somehow.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • asf0613asf0613 member
    alright my WTF Wednesday is that we had friends coming over tonight and they're already half an hour late.
    GAHHHHHHHHH
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited May 2020
    @asf0613 Hope they arrived within the hour and that you all have a great night!

ETA: @shleks PREACH about that peanut butter!!😩 It is SO obvious that it needs to at least be wiped off before going in the washer!
  • krash_krash_ member
    I'm not a major stickler for the rinsing but it's so easy to just swipe the brush over them before putting them in the dishwasher. And I don't think it is the not rinsing that is the biggest problem, it's not rinsing and then it sitting in the dishwasher for days. If we ran it right away it would probably get everything off. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18