Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbies Intro w/o 5.18

Welcome, new members! Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump. Please introduce yourself and share as much (or as little) as you would like. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to participate in the community!

Ages (you and SO): 
How many months have you been TTC?: 
What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: 
Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.):

TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: Newbies Intro w/o 5.18

• @swimsister Welcome! Your spoiler worked great! And the newbie intros is one place where you don’t need it, but I’m sure everyone appreciates you being overly cautious.😊 I know when I was new here I was terrified of all the rules.😄 I Hope your stay here is short & sweet!
  • Loading the player...
  • mkw8387mkw8387 member
    Hi! I’m new! Still learning the acronyms and rules but def read the original post!

Ages: Me: 32, SO: 32
    Months: 2/2
    WAYDTGNU: PNV, charring, OPKs (although I don’t think successfully)
    About Me: no kids, one pup, avid reader with an Instagram blog, love to run and do Orange Theory (when studios are not closed for pandemic!), am an attorney. Hubs is an engineer. We enjoy home projects too!
  • mkw8387mkw8387 member
    Thanks! The only one I know for sure is BFN... me this morning!
  • asf0613asf0613 member
    @mkw8387 unfortunately that's the one most of us know best  :(
    looking forward to seeing you in the dailies!
  • welcome @swimsister, your username is familiar, I think we were on TB around the same time the first time
    welcome @mkw8387, sorry for the BFN
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Hi! I'm just starting out with all of this and wanted to introduce myself - have been lurking but just signed up with an account :)

Ages (you and SO): me-31, SO-34
    How many months have you been TTC?: 1
    What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: OPK, charting
    Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): no kids, no pets. Husband and I both work in medicine. I like to cook, dance, travel, and read.
  • Hi! I made this account back in February when I got a BFP, and the next day had a chemical pregnancy. Quickly stopped looking at all of this and cried for a while. 

Ages (you and SO): 30 / 30
    How many months have you been TTC?: 5
    What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: PNV, charting, OPK
    Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): no kids, one dog, both me and DH are military, mostly just been baking, napping, and doing puzzles tbh

I'm actually here because I just can't talk to my mom about any of this. She closes up every time I try to confide in her and I get a lot of "just stop thinking about it" advice which isn't super helpful. Each month so far I seem to convince myself that it's happening, but apparently I can't read my body's signals at all! It makes it harder for me that I'm supposed to deploy in the fall, and my months left of trying feel like they're going to slip right out of my hands. I'm really looking for a community I can go to for some support!
  • Welcome back @knottie80f34b59765a8097
    I’m sorry for your loss.  You can join us in the TTCAL (Trying To Conceive After Loss) thread if you feel like it would be helpful. Also, sorry that you can’t talk with your mom in a helpful way. This group will hopefully fill that gap in your life! We totally get the pressure of trying to make it happen—it makes sense that you feel this acutely with the deployment looming. Hopefully you can learn enough here that it helps you conceive faster & forget about that deadline. 

When you get a chance, please update your username. It will help us tag you & recognize you more easily when you post. You may have to log out and log back in to get your name to update. 

• @keikilove I was thinking the same thing! I couldn't figure out how to change it through the website, but I think it will update once I email customer support. 

Thank you very much for *your* support! <3
  • @knottie80f34b59765a8097 so sorry for your loss and that you can't talk to your mom about it. I always have a hard time with that kind of advice too- it kind of minimizes my feelings. 

We've been doing a lot of puzzles too!
  • asf0613asf0613 member
    hi @knottie80f34b59765a8097 and welcome.  sorry for your loss.

i have a hard time talking to my mom after our loss so i have gotten a lot from this group of ladies here.  i will see you over in TTCAL and the dailies
  • @_orchid_ @asf0613
    Thank you both so much for being so sweet and welcoming! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better <3 
  • @eas1987 Welcome to our little support family! I just left you a more detailed response on your other post. Again, I’m so sorry for the loss of your son. You are most welcome to participate here in a capacity that works for you. I mentioned the TTCAL & TFAS in my other response—not sure how appropriate either of those will feel for you.  We also have the monthly Mental Health thread that may be a place for you to get/give support. Most of our other daily & weekly threads are for getting to know each other, sharing tips for getting PG, and also just lighthearted fun to pass this time TTC. Hope you will find a home here!