2nd Trimester
Options

Sex Hurts!

So I was put on “unofficial bedrest” since 14 weeks. I am now 20 weeks and all my pregnancy issues have resolved. Tonight my husband and I had sex for the first time in 6 weeks and it brought tears to my eyes because it hurt so bad. I do remember experiencing sexual discomfort when I was pregnant with my son, but this pregnancy it is really bad. It feels like a lot of pressure. Anyone else have this issue? What should I do about it? 

Re: Sex Hurts!

• Options
    So I was put on “unofficial bedrest” since 14 weeks. I am now 20 weeks and all my pregnancy issues have resolved. Tonight my husband and I had sex for the first time in 6 weeks and it brought tears to my eyes because it hurt so bad. I do remember experiencing sexual discomfort when I was pregnant with my son, but this pregnancy it is really bad. It feels like a lot of pressure. Anyone else have this issue? What should I do about it? 
    If it hurts and brings you to tears, then refrain from intercourse.  Talk to your doctor about it.
  • Options
    What should you do about it? Well, step #1 is stop having intercourse, and step #2 is talk to your doctor. 

I sincerely hope that your husband doesn't want to continue having sex when it's painful for you. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    You can also do non-penetrative sex. But I agree with the others, don’t do what hurts you and talk to your doctor.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::