January 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms - week of 5/18

Re: Weekly Randoms - week of 5/18

• @whitealbum29 1) I love Napoleon dynamite 
    2) You are the real MVP for all these threads today! Thanks for all your hard work getting them set up! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• aels12aels12 member
    Has anyone found out gender prior to the anatomy scan before? We waited until then with our first two but I’m feeling more impatient this time so looking into some other options! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @whitealbum29 haha thank you!! :) I'm now overanalyzing if it's going to be too small of a group for 4 different threads to make sense but we'll figure it out. :)

@aels12 I'm FTM but I'm def taking any and all info they can give me as early as they can give it to me! You can do it through NIPT right? 
  • @aels12 we were team green with our son so we didn't find out but we're considering finding out this time.  I believe the only other options other than the anatomy scan are the NIPT testing that can be done between 9-13 weeks or you can order a Sneak Peak test online and do it at home as early as 8 weeks.  I've heard that the Sneak Peak is super easy to contaminate with male DNA so it can be incorrect unless you're crazy careful.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • aels12aels12 member
    @whitealbum29 I’m kind of surprised there aren’t more people here already. My last two BMB were 2017 and 2019 and they were huge especially very early on. 
  • aels12aels12 member
    Sorry for two posts, but @feelingjovani that’s what I’ve seen too and I’m not sure I’m willing to risk incorrect results with the sneak peek!
  • We went to an ultrasound boutique place with the last pregnancy. We already had 2 boys and really wanted to know our fate. I think we went around 14 weeks. This time I might go again, but I’m indecisive. 

Anyone else lurking on December’s bmb? I always give birth a little early and 39 weeks would put me in December. My first was supposed to be April and ended up March. Second was a February edd and ended up a January baby. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did the NIPT for my son. I have zero chill so I like all the knowledge as soon as it’s available. I’m the person pregnancy testing at 10dp and then every day till my missed period 🤣 just to be sure! So we will def find out early again 
  • whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited May 2020
    @cricket1688 LOL, I was super strict with myself during TTC about not testing until I was late, but that kind of chill is out the window now. Why couldn't they just hook me up to a delivery room monitor the second I found out? :joy: I want alllll the info!

@aels12 I know, it's so small so far! Small can be nice tho. Honestly (not to be dark) -- I wonder if it has to do with Covid. But when I called the doctor last week I literally asked "Just curious, am I the only person in this city getting pregnant right now?" and the girl was like "Nope, I just took another call from a new patient, I assure you you're not!" And of course babies have always been born in rough times. 
  • Has anyone used the app Expectful? I saw an ad on Instagram and downloaded it, it has 5, 10 and 20 minute meditations for different stages of pregnancy. Maybe especially helpful for first-timers - I'm having some anxiety about my u/s on Thursday, I can't believe it's still two freaking days away! Ugh. I had a couple of mini meltdowns last week when I couldn't shake the feeling we were going to get bad news (when I made the appt the receptionist specifically said it was for "dating and viability" and I just don't think hearing that word out loud was helpful) and I've been a bit better this week but definitely going to do some of their "dealing with uncertainty" meditations. 
  • I am so weepy over everything today. I know at least part of it is hormonal and part of it is stress. We spent the last week whipping our house into shape, the realtor came this morning, he’s coming back tomorrow to take pictures, we can’t really house shop because everything is selling so fast around here and we can’t really make an offer until we have an offer for ours. I have to figure out pet care so I don’t have to worry about taking them with us during showings, or continuously clean up hair. In the midst of this my daughter’s birthday is on Sunday and she has been looking forward to and talking about her birthday for months. I shut myself in the bathroom earlier and cried out some of my stress but it’s still making me feel sick and anxious. 
  • @aels12 With my son, we did SneakPeek at 9 weeks. You have to scrub your hands/nails like you’re about to go into the OR and there are some rules (can’t be done in a bathroom, surface must be fully disinfected) but we got results that it was a boy and it was right! 
  • aels12aels12 member
    @sheviolentlyknits I’m sorry about the house buying/selling stress, I hope everything works out smoothly for you!!

@carleym93 I don’t think I could trust anywhere in my house to to be contaminated with boy dna no matter what I do! Between my husband, two sons and two male dogs it is EVERYWHERE. I’m leaning towards doing the NIPT test actually now. I didn’t do it with my last two but it might be fun to have more info.