Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS May 2020

For the time being we will be converting TFAS to a monthly thread-

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: Are you planning any family activities for this summer?
TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: TFAS May 2020

• I'm going to try to be better about participating here now that it is monthly!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 5/6

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? Almost 22 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Waiting to hear back from my OB about my CD3 blood work. Hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

Any questions? None that I can think of.

Rant/Rave? I am still really struggling with how much I love DD and how perfect she is but still feeling like I need another to "complete" our family for some reason. It's messing with my mind so much now that we are struggling to have another after we conceived her so easily.

GTKY: Are you planning any family activities for this summer? Nope. Not planning on doing anything big for the foreseeable future really. It would be such a convenient time to be pregnant in a lot of ways which adds to my frustration.
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate I'm sorry that you're struggling so much with your need for another little one. I definitely relate to that and it's not an easy feeling. I'm sending you lots of love. Hang in there.

What number are you trying for? 3
    Month/Cycle? 4/4 (unbenched)
    WTO/TWW? TWW
    Ages of other child(ren)? almost 6 and almost 2
    Any thoughts about this cycle? Meh.
    Any questions? Nope
    Rant/Rave? I'm REALLY struggling with school lately and it's making it hard for me to do the other things I enjoy doing. I hope summer term is better.
    GTKY: Are you planning any family activities for this summer? Cleaning and reorganizing the house and going out to the woods to forage for plants that we can use to cook. I've already harvested a ton of dandelions, violets, and lilacs with my oldest. I can't wait to go get more.

TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• Loading the player...
  • shlecksshlecks member

@legallykate Oh I know how you feel.  I just don't feel "done" yet.  Fingers crossed you get your wish soon!

@ashaislurking Ah that sounds so fun foraging for plants to cook.  If I had a bigger house and a bigger kitchen I would do all of that.  And I'd have a huge garden.  *sigh*

Month/Cycle?  1/1

WTO/TWW?  TWW

Ages of other child(ren)?  3

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I didn't have normal CM, so my physical cues are off.  Other than that, it's hard to tell anything.  I didn't do an OPK and our timing wasn't the greatest, but that's ok.  I'll be better about that next month.

Any questions?  No

Rant/Rave?  Just going stir crazy waiting for my barber shop to be able to open.  I get multiple messages from clients everyday and it's exhausting.  At the same time, I don't want to rush it either.  It's such a hard place to be in.

GTKY: Are you planning any family activities for this summer?  No, but we will probably send our son to his grandparents like we have the last couple years for a week when daycare is closed at the end of July.  We originally were planning a trip to visit one of my HS best friends with another HS best friend (we used to do vacations together almost every year) but that doesn't look like it'll be happening.  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @legallykate hugs friend. I'm sorry you're struggling with your feelings and desire for another LO. I totally get it. In watching DD play this weekend, I kept thinking how much fun she would be having with a sibling and wishing.

@ashaislurking I'm sorry school is a struggle right now. Grad school is so much hard work and takes up so much time. This term is just about over though, correct? I hope you get a nice relaxing break between terms 

@shlecks hi! I don't think we've crossed paths yet but I remember your intro. Welcome! I can't imagine how hard it must be to work in a barber shop during this pandemic. I hope you're able to safely open soon.

AFM: I've been so terrible at keeping up with this thread. Hopefully monthly will help.

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 11/6

WTO/TWW? Benched for 3 months

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Nope, I'm benched.

Any questions? no

Rant/Rave/Brag: We bought a playset for DD and it was ready for pickup on Saturday. I built it during her nap and she had a blast playing on it Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday morning. Worth every penny we spent! It was so nice to get several hours outside both days! The weather was so beautiful until the rain arrived yesterday afternoon.
    Here's the playset I built:

GTKY: Are you planning any family activities for this summer? My whole family rents a house together for a week. We're planning the first week in August and I'm hoping we still can with everything going on. I don't know if my brother who lives in Europe will be able to come though, which would be super disappointing. But that's one of my favorite weeks of the year. There's usually about 18-20 of us in the house for the week and we have so much fun playing games, drinking, and spending time together. 
  • @legallykate I struggle with that feeling too. I feel lucky that I have two, but can't shake the feeling that someone's missing. I hope you get good news about your CD3 blood work. 

@ashaislurking sorry you are struggling with your schoolwork! How much more time in this term? I am taking an online class rn for graduate credit and it's tough to find time to get the work done. Hoping today is good for you! 

@shlecks hi! Do you have a barber shop? I can't imagine how anxious people are to come in and get cuts. Do you think you're going to have a lot of haircuts to fix for people who tried to cut their own hair?

@gingermama29 great job on the play set! That looks like that will keep her entertained for hours! Also FX for your dinner plans, that sounds like so much fun! It's awesome that your family has so much fun together.

What number are you trying for? #3

Month/Cycle? 14/12? -self benched for the last two months AL#3

WTO/TWW? WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)? 6, 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? We're back in the game and hoping something sticks. A bit in my head as 2 of my previous losses had Feb DD, and because of the current state of everything. Don't want to wait though as we've already been trying so long and I'm AMA. 

Any questions? nope! 

Rant/Rave? The weather is finally warming up here and we're spending so much time outside! We spent all day yesterday planning annuals in the yard and baskets. We have a small yard that's kind of a mess but are getting a yard makeover in the next few weeks - I'm excited that we'll use the yard more this summer!

GTKY: Arey  planning any family activities for this summer? We were planning an epic road trip to visit family and go to WDW but that's off the table. We're in the NYC metro area and the thought of unintentionally bringing covid somewhere with us is too much, plus WDW in late July with masks sounds like hell. We rescheduled for next summer and I'm hoping we can get some of the same reservations we had for this year. 
  • krash_krash_ member
    @legallykate I am right there with you! ::hugs:: We were so blessed to get pregnant with DS on my first full cycle after my IUD got taken out so I am really struggling on cycle 6 with no sign of O. 
    @ashaislurking why kind of things are you cooking or making with the plants? MH joked about making dandelion wine with all the dandelions he pulled out of the yard. He is one of those guys obsessed with his lawn and making it pristine lol.
    @shlecks I hope you can open soon and feel comfortable taking clients. I can't wait for the week of sending the kid to the grandparents when daycare is closed. I think DS might still be a little young for that. 
    @gingermama29 that looks awesome! I bet she'll have a blast all summer! Just out of curiosity, did you have your PCOS diagnosis when you were TTC dd? 

Month/Cycle? 6/6

WTO/TWW? (impatiently)WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)? will be 2 in two weeks 😭

Any thoughts about this cycle? frustrated 

Any questions? NA

Rant/Rave? I am feeling really down about TFAS. I feel like there is a lot of pressure to have the "right" age gap (mainly from myself) so people expect a pregnancy announcement and because you have conceived before they seem to lose any tact they may have had about asking you if you are pregnant or trying. A few people IRL know we are trying and know we have been since December so I'm a little sad they they aren't acknowledging that we might be having a hard time with it. Instead they just keep assuming I am pregnant and haven't told them and then I say I'm not they just "oh" and move on. I also had this pipe dream of announcing a pregnancy on DS birthday but that obviously wont be happening so coming up on that is hard. 

GTKY: Are you planning any family activities for this summer? We live fairly close to a lake so hopefully we can take some bike rides to the beach. It will be the first summer DS will really be able to participate and maybe enjoy playing in the water. 

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @_orchid_ ugh that's such a bummer about WDW but I think you're absolutely right with your thinking. Hopefully by next summer everything will be normal again and this pandemic will be a distant memory.

@krash_ I'm sorry friend. TTC is already so difficult without the added pressure that we put on ourselves. Hopefully you'll have news to announce soon! And to answer your question, yes I did have my PCOS diagnosis when I was TTC DD. I went over 2 years without a cycle at all went that promoted the visit that gave me the official diagnosis. I actually had to lose quite a bit of weight to even start having cycles before I got pregnant with her.
  • shlecksshlecks member
    @gingermama29 Hi!  Yeah it's nuts thinking about how different things will be when we reopen.  And I'm like sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for the go-ahead from the mayor.  No word yet.  It's SO NERVE WRACKING. Also that play house is so great!!  I wish we had a yard for outdoor stuff like that.  

@_orchid_ Hi! Yes I do!  It's my husband and I's barber shop and we have one other employee, so just a small operation.  It's crazy, I feel like people are just so antsy to get their hair cut and not nervous at all.  I imagine we'll get a lot of pushback about wearing masks, etc.  But oh well.  And YES for sure there will be lots of "fixing" going on.  I've had a few people pre-apologize for jacking their hair up.  LOL  Such a bummer about your WDW plans!  We were SO lucky to get in earlier this year right when all this stuff started happening.  It was a trip with alllll of MH's family so it was the kids first time there.  So so magical.  Fingers crossed you get your dream trip re-planned and that it's AMAZING.  

@krash_  We started doing the week-long stays when he was about 18 months!  Mostly out of necessity though, because we had no other option for childcare.  They love it though, so I'm glad they get that time. And his cousins live down there too so they get to play.  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @krash_ I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I totally hear you about the announcement expectation. I have been very vocal about a 3rd and have a lot of people who ask about it. My close friends know we've been trying since last may, and when I last saw them in early March for dinner/drinks they asked... after I finished my 3rd drink. I was annoyed bc I'd been hoping to avoid the question by drinking more than I usually do.

Also, fwiw, my first two are 3.5 years apart and I love the age difference. I'm feeling the same way you are bc if I got pregnant this cycle my middle & youngest would be over 4 years apart when we were aiming for 3. I keep telling myself that siblings close in age are just as likely to get along as siblings further apart, and it's more about personality. Sucks though when you have that "goal" age in your head and it goes by. 
  • @shlecks Hopefully you can find a happy medium soon with the barber shop! It must be so hard having that source of income gone.
    @gingermama29 This term ends on 5/30 BUT my summer term starts on 6/1 so I don't really get a break between terms. It's a bit frustrating. In August we'll get about 2-3 weeks between Summer and Fall terms. That playset is adorable and I'm glad she had a blast playing on it! I hope your brother is able to make it to the family vacation here in a few months!
    @_orchid_ We have just under 2 weeks left in the term. We're getting into our finals, term papers, and all of our last minute wrap up then it's RIGHT into the next semester. Finding the time and motivation to do the work is hard. I'm sending you lots of love and positive vibes now that you're trying again! It's great that you're able to start up your garden and spend more time out in the sun!
    @krash_ We're DEFINITELY thinking about making dandelion wine. We make a TON of simple syrups with different plants, but I also make different herbal teas, breads, desserts, etc. I really love using the stuff I find to make food! Be very careful if you do use plants that they haven't been sprayed with chemicals. I want to reassure you that there's no "right" age gap. My first two are 4 years apart and it's looking more and more like my next gap will be about 3 years. I understand the pressure too. I think a lot of people don't realize how long TTC can take, and I'm sorry that pressure is there for you from your family.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking That sucks that you don’t get much of a break between terms, I hope summer term turns out to be a bit lighter. Dandelion wine sounds delightful for summer!

@shlecks I hope you can open the shop soon and are able to get enough guidance to feel safe doing so.

@gingermama29 That playset is super cute, we have one that has a ring hook like that and DD loves the rings more than anything else lol.

@_orchid_ Glad you are back in the game but sorry you are struggling with TTCAL brain. Hugs. I get the AMA pressure for sure, it sucks.

@krash_ My DD approaching the 2 year mark (in July) is hitting me hard too, I was super sure I would be expecting again by then and now who knows. I also stupidly bought her a big sister shirt when we started trying in January and it makes me super sad thinking it may not fit her by the time she gets to wear it.

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• krash_krash_ member
    @legallykate I have to fight the urge to buy the big brother shirts all the time! Luckily shirts at this age have a pretty long shelf life so I'm sure she will get to wear it!
    *TW LC*

• krash_krash_ member
    I follow so many mom bloggers on IG and I love all of their content with regards to kids, cooking, amazon finds, mom clothes and home decor but recently it seems like there are a ton of them who are pregnant again. I don't want to unfollow them because I don't want to miss the other good stuff but sometimes I'm caught off guard by the bumps and pregnancy announcements. 
    *TW LC*

• @krash_ I feel like this in some of my FB interest group. I have one I'm in for running and I feel like all the posts that are popping into my news feed are running while pregnant :/. I feel ya!