Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 5/18

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: If you could live in any TV show home, which one would it be? 
me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
DX: MFI
IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 5/18

• Loading the player...
  • mvt2003mvt2003 member
    @manillabar GL tomorrow!!!! I have a designated sock for that purpose, I put the sample in the sock and carry it in my bra. I did most of that stuff in cold weather, so it was more important for it to stay warm, I would zip my jacket up and keep the heat on in the car. You have an hour to get it there and you want it to stay body temperature, so at this time of the year you should be fine just keeping it close to your body heat. 

• @manillabar also GL with your IUI!!!

@mvt2003 F'ing TWW lol. My mind is all over the place too. I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel soon for both of us!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • ramzlauramzlau member
    Will be back for more tags, but wanted to say GL @manillabar tomorrow! And yeah like others have said, if it is chilly in the morning just find a place to keep it warm, cleavage or between legs are some favorite places. And ours says 1 hour to get it there, but I think that is because they give their lab an hour to wash it. 
  • @bluetickgal GL testing tomorrow! FX for good news!

@gingermama29 each BCP is 1 day closer to being off the bench 🙂. I'm feeling so impatient. Like can I get KU now but not give birth until April or later? Lol
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • thanks everyone for the advise and well wishes! My nurse said the same thing, so I guess I'll be storing it in my cleavage tomorrow lol

@mvt2003 ugh the TWW/TTC in general is such a rollercoaster, sorry that you're feeling it <3  

@inthewoods23 glad your timing is looking better. Hoping the supplements are working and this is your month!

Good luck tomorrow @bluetickgal!! I'm keeping everything crossed for you!

@gingermama29 ooh I forgot about the dream house that Derek built! That's a good one!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Aww sorry for the BFN @bluetickgal. Time for round 2!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @bluetickgal so sorry for the BFN today. Keeping fingers crossed for IUI round 2 for you! 💕

@inthewoods23 thank you for your kind words and positivity. I love what you said about each day being one day closer. 😊
  • @bluetickgal Sorry for the bfn. I know that was your instinct, but it’s still a bummer. FX for round 2! 

@manillabar Thinking of you & hoping all went well today! 
  • pom9207pom9207 member
    @bluetickgal ah sorry for the negative. On to the next!

@manillabar hope IUI went well!

@gingermama29 ah I had the same side effect in the beginning! I was on two different BCP for two different cycles, each time I started a new pack the side effect showed up immediately.

@inthewoods23 yay for great timing!

@mvt2003 sorry for the emotion roller coaster. June will be here so soon!
    TTC #1
    *TW*
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    Married: 09/16
    TTC #1 08/18

~2019~
    IUI #1 #2 #3 with letrozole cancelled 
    Natural cycle IUI #4 10/19 BFN
    First RE visit 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#5 11/19 BFN
    Elevated prolactin dx confirmed 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#6 cancelled

~2020~
    IVF #1 ICSI+PGT-A 02/20
    32R 19M 14F 7B 7 PGT-A normal
    Hysteroscopy to remove polyps 3/20
    FET 05/20 BFP! beta #1 9dp6dt 443.8; beta #2 11dp6dt 1212
    Baby has a heartbeat! 6w5d HB 128

• pom9207pom9207 member
    Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WFFET

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): FET

How are things going?: second lining check tomorrow, if everything looks good I will start the dreaded PIO on Thursday morning... I also finished my correct antibiotics for UTI. Hopefully it’s truly gone!

Any questions?:

GTKY: If you could live in any TV show home, which one would it be? Hmm maybe it’s not the best idea, but I want to live in Black Mirror..
    TTC #1
    *TW*
    TTC #1 08/18

~2019~
    First RE visit 11/19

~2020~
    IVF #1 ICSI+PGT-A 02/20

• @pom9207 glad you finished your antibiotic and hopefully that UTI is gone for good! That’s good your RE says there is nothing to worry about...fingers crossed so hard for you!! 🤞🏻
    @manillabar glad all went well! Hope your progesterone check is good today! Try not to stress too much! I hope the next 2 weeks fly by for you and you get the BEST news at the end of it!! 💜
  • ramzlauramzlau member
    It has been a bit of a whirlwind week. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): Benched- WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  On Monday started Letrozole although I missed my CD3 monitoring appointment due to my back pain. 

How are things going?: Well back pain got worse, now I am looking at surgery for it. So we had to cancel this cycle and are benched from TTC for the next 3-6 months at least. I am so sad and frustrated that what is benching us is not fertility related at all. I will probably check in here once in awhile and be lurking and cheering, but will take a bit of bump break through this.

Any questions?: No, 

GTKY: If you could live in any TV show home, which one would it be? Does Chip and Joanne Gaines house qualify? I would want the whole farm and garden too! 

@pom9207 Yay for the checks all moving along well! 

@bluetickgal Sorry for the BFN and the rollercoaster that comes with progesterone. I know it all too well. Fx for round 2! 

@inthewoods23 I can relate to feeling like you are wasting the months away. I try to remind myself that a month is just a month in the bigger picture of life, it is such a short timespan that outside of IF world has very little meaning. But easier said than done to not stress over each day in this process. 

@gingermama29 Hope the side effects stay far away this week! 

@mvt2003 I always want to go see the Painted Ladies when we are in SF, and we always run out of time before we make it over there! 
  • @pom9207 did your side effects last through the whole pack? I'm continuing to have intermittent nausea this week and just saw it can last for the first 1-3 packs. I'm glad your RE says the cramps are nothing to worry about. FX for you!!

@ramzlau I'm so sorry friend about your upcoming surgery and getting benched. My heart hurts for you. Sending so many hugs. 💕
  • @ramzlau I’m so sorry you have to have surgery and be benched for several months! That sucks!! Sending you all the hugs & positive vibes!! 💜 I hope the surgery helps and you’ll be jumping back into TTC before you know it!! 
  • @pom9207 hope you can finally put that UTI behind you and get this FET done!

@ramzlau I'm so sorry you're benched for surgery ❤️ you're always welcome to check in. Hope everything goes well with surgery and you're able to get back to TTC before the year is over!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • mvt2003mvt2003 member
    @pom9207 FET hype!!!!!!! Hopefully that UTI will be a thing of the past!!!! 

@ramzlau I am so so sorry! Sending you <3<3<3<3 

• Oh @ramzlau I just hate that this is happening to you! I hope the surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery. Sending you lots of love ❤️ 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @pom9207 when I had my first FET, DH was going to be gone for an overnight business trip so I had to figure out giving myself the injections. I had them draw circles so I could twist myself at home and see how I would need to position my arm and all that. To go in perpendicularly with the needle I need to twist at the waist as far as possible, move my shoulder and elbow as far back as possible, AND have my wrist bent back all the way. Needing flexibility for this is no joke!  :D

@keikilove how TF is that a refrigerator??? How does that stay air tight? Sheesh, wish I had that kind of money!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @keikilove I’m glad getting an appointment with the backup clinic has helped to ease your stress a bit! I hope your clinic doesn’t delay though and you can proceed with a June FET! But that is so nice to know you have another option if not! Hopefully the appointment goes well next week, and they can give you some options for monitoring/timing if it comes to it! That refrigerator is crazy! It looks awesome, but I don’t think the contents of our fridge would look that nice! Haha. 
  • ramzlauramzlau member
    @kpearse99 Hey girl! 

@keikilove I am glad you are getting a backup lined up just in case, hopefully they have some solutions for the travel logistics. I have heard good things about CNY and I know there are grads here (I think from a few years ago though maybe? @BusinessWife Do you happen to remember anyone that was treated there?) I can’t remember who. 

I have had a chiro and surgeon both recommend surgery. About 1/2 the reason for pursuing surgery is to get back to TTC as soon as possible. They are saying recovery without surgery would be 2-3 years and it would have to be birth control during that time because too big of risk if I get pregnant. I could have complete loss of leg. I listened to Dr Death last year so the thought of back surgery definitely has me freaked out, but it seems like best solution for us. But thank you for mentioning it! Never hurts to get another opinion! 

Thanks for all the well wishes! 
  • pom9207pom9207 member
    @keikilove Thanks friend! I am so looking forward to the FET! 
    Good plan on finding a backup. Communication is so important for getting IF treatments since everything needs to be timed. I feel you!

@inthewoods23 hahaha exactly! The doctor said I can change my PIO shot time to be in the evening after the first shot, but I needed to make sure the gap between two shots are within 24 hours. So for my left butt I had to do exactly what you described — twisted at my waist as far as possible and trying to get the needles in with proper angle 🤣
    TTC #1
    *TW*
    TTC #1 08/18

~2019~
    First RE visit 11/19

~2020~
    IVF #1 ICSI+PGT-A 02/20

• @ramzlau loss of leg? WHAT!? 😱 Oh my! Will you be able to have the surgery in the near future or is it going to be some weeks/months from now?

@pom9207 non-dominate hand stabbing PIO is the worst 😆
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @ramzlau OMG, the alternative to surgery sounds horrible!! Yes, take the 3-6 months benched over 2-3 years healing naturally! So sorry it’s come to that, but it does sound like your best option. Prayers up that you can have peace about the decision and not worry about anything but it going perfectly well.🙏🏽♥️ Thank you for the notes on CNY!

@pom9207 Oh yeah, it’s just like ITWoods described time get that left-side PIO shot. Good job on doing it yourself! 

@bluetickgal & @inthewoods23 I have no idea what it costs to own a fridge like that! It’s so pretty in these pictures, but I don’t think all of our leftovers would be as lovely a view.😀
  • @ramzlau Do you mind me asking what surgery you're having? I have had 2 back surgeries, and I can't tell you how much my quality of life improved afterwards. I'm hoping you have a positive experience. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat further!