Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 5/18

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 5/18

• bows22bows22 member

Month/Cycle: 18/20 including 2 benched. 

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, Tracking CM

R/R: Another Monday! The weather here was gorgeous all weekend. Our stay at home order ended so we got together with DH’s immediate family. It was perfect weather so the plan was to be outside the whole time but we were the only ones who were interested in that. I get that people want to live their lives and not be scared, but I also think you have to respect what other people are comfortable with. So we won’t be doing that again for awhile. It’s going to be nice out again today so I’m hoping to work on the deck and take advantage of the “spring” we are finally getting before the hot weather hits!

CS/Q:

• Month/Cycle: 20 months

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: PNV, CM, OPKs, EODish and preseed (internally)

R/R: We got to see some friends on Saturday! They invited us over to sit outback and have a drink or two so we went and it was exactly what I needed. It was so nice to see people even if it was just for an hour or so! Then we got sushi takeout and it was amazing! 

Looking forward to somewhat nice weather all week and then a long Memorial Day weekend! 

CS/Q: OPKs are still throwing me for a loop... I’ve been testing with FMU since after AF ended and they have been dark everyday. I started testing in the evening too, over the weekend, and the line was much lighter and where I would expect it to be. I’m guessing my concentration is just too high in the mornings? So I’m readjusting and trying to figure out the best time for me to test daily. Ugh!

@bows22 I agree with you on wanting to stay outside at any type of gathering right now. Especially if the weather is nice and allows for that. You’re doing the smart and right thing for you and your family.

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Loading the player...
  • @bows22 Yay for nice weather. That’s annoying that YH’s family was not cool with staying outside. We are still not socializing at all because I basically don’t trust anyone, as awful as that sounds!

@kpearse99 I totally forgot about Memorial Day, yayyy! That’s so weird about your OPKs, I didn’t think morning vs afternoon was supposed to matter with them, do yours say anything about using or not using FMU?

@gingermama29 Lol-ing at the graham crackers because we would totally have something like that, I went through our pantry to take inventory at the beginning of this whole thing and there was some OLD stuff. Those fajitas sound awesome tho!

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, temping, monitoring CM, Ava, PNVs plus C and B6, HIO during FW, preseed, seeing what my doc recommends from my CD3 blood work

R/R: Another Monday, blah. I am starting my healthy kick today so wish me luck. I am doing a Diet Bet with some Facebook peeps so hopefully that will add to my motivation. Wondering when this week I will hear from my doc about my blood work results, I hope soon so it doesn't drive me crazy!

CS/Q: Not yet, just starting temping now that AF is gone.

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @bows22 that's so odd, I can understand the temptation to go inside if it had been bad weather but if it was beautiful out, literally why wouldn't you just socialize outside? So weird, sorry you had to navigate that situation!

@kpearse99 that's awesome about seeing your friends, we did the same thing and it was great. Sorry about your OPKs though, I am having the same issue and unfortunately so far I haven't been successful at getting in the habit of remembering to take them other times of day.

@gingermama29 ahaha, that's terrible about the expired graham crackers but also kind of funny. Glad you found some good ones for the second batch at least! I'm currently kicking myself because we had beautiful weather all weekend and (with the exception of my aforementioned outdoor friends hangout) I didn't get outside much... and now it's supposed to rain all week.

@legallykate good luck with your diet! Are you following anything in particular or just trying to eat healthy in general?

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: temping, OPKs, tracking CF, PNVs

R/R: Had a super lazy weekend, which was enjoyable but now I'm kind of regretting it, haha. Going to try to sneak in a little bit of straightening up and doing household odds and ends because I have a relatively slow work day today.

CS/Q: Nope.

• @gingermama29 bahahaha I imagine this was you....
    @legallykate I'm using Wondfo and they say I can use them at any time.... That's awesome that you're doing this health kick as a FB challenge! That should keep you on track and certainly motivate you! 

@the_most_happy Girl, don't regret having a lazy weekend. My theory on lazy weekends is that when they happen it means you needed it to happen. Housework can always get done... when you need to relax you should allow yourself to relax!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• krash_krash_ member

@bows22 regardless of the virus and all of that, if it was nice out why wouldn't everyone want to be outside?!? There are so few days that are actually comfortable outside!

@kpearse99 the Premom app suggests doing OPK's in the afternoon. I haven't looked into it but I do get darker positives in the afternoon so there must be something to it for some women. 

@gingermama29 I threw away caramel syrup from 2015 this weekend 🤦‍♀️

@legallykate GL with your Diet Bet! I need to do something like that because the quarantine snacking and sweets are catching up with me. 

@the_most_happy one of the nice things about WFH is picking up or switching the laundry in between meetings (or on mute while in a meeting lol).

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: OPK's, checking CM, BBT, PNV's and trying not to stress

R/R: Rant - it rained so much over the weekend and we just had our yard graded so all our grass see probably got washed away. 

CS/Q: I'm so frustrated with my OPK's. They are so light, the control line too. I haven't gotten anything higher then a .33 T/C ratio. I guess it's not so much my OPK's that are the problem it's that my body just doesn't want to O. I am trying not to stress about it because that will just delay things more but I'm just frustrated! 

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• bows22bows22 member
    edited May 2020
    Thank you all for agreeing with me about the lack of social distancing!! Sometimes I think I’m being crazy. And YES it’s going to be 80+ and humid here before we know it so why didn’t everyone want to take advantage of a perfect day? Just to prove they “aren’t scared of covid” I think.

@kpearse99 I’m glad you are getting a little clarity on the OPKs. I usually take mine twice a day anyway.

@gingermama29 I’m glad you had other graham crackers so that story could be funny and not just sad haha. I could see that happening to us though. You don’t think about stuff like that going bad!

@legallykate i hope you hear on your bloodwork soon! The waiting sucks!

@the_most_happy  I was going to say the same thing as kpearse99 - sometimes you need a lazy weekend! And you spent some time outside so you’re good there too! Don’t feel guilty!

@krash_ ugh I hope you get a positive OPK soon! Is it possible you could have missed your surge? I can’t see your chart for some reason 

Edit because TB app sucks 
  • krash_krash_ member
    @bows22 I don't think I missed it. I have been doing OPK's since CD 10 and multiple times a day since CD 13. No clear temp shift except some low temps recently. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @legallykate I hope your doctor calls early this week so you don't have to stress about it. Good luck with the diet bet!

@the_most_happy hope you're able to get some things done around the house. Lazy weekends are so necessary sometimes.

@kpearse99 bahahahahaha that's exactly how it went!

@krash_ hahaha the struggle is real. I hope your grass seed survived the rain. 
  • @the_most_happy I am going back to strict Keto and intermittent fasting (only eating from 10-6 every day), it’s the only sure thing that works for me.

@kpearse99 Yeah that is weird, I have never had that issue with Wondfo OPKs. But I am terrible about hydrating lol.

@krash_ Sorry about the OPKs/lack of pending O, that is so frustrating.

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @bows22 yes I would wait before going back too! If they're not going to sit out in nice weather they probably won't once it's humid and bugs are out. You are definitely not being crazy! 

@kpearse99 sounds like a great weekend! We have one set of newish friends that we've seen a few times and it's sooo needed. I think I remember opks being better with not FMU. I had a whole routine when I was using them, but am finding routines are hard right now. Maybe set a phone reminder to help remember? 

@gingermama29 😂 it would have been tragic if you didn't have the back up Graham crackers!! Thanks for the crock pot recipe, I was just saying to MH this morning that I want to use mine more now that it's warmer out! 

@legallykate good luck with the diet bet! I'm starting today too, but mostly trying to just cut out the junk bc apparently quarantine = all the sugar to my brain. Got to get back to Int Fasting too, being home means I'm eating as soon as I wake up - bedtime. How long have you done Keto? 

@the_most_happy lazy weekends are THE BEST! I always feel guilty after one too, but try to keep in mind that usually I'm nonstop. 

@krash_ I'm so sorry about your yard! Hopefully most of the seed didn't wash away. Hope you guys get some sun soon! That's frustrating about your opks. 

Hi! I haven't checked in for a bit bc we were self benched due to covid fears and a loss. Back to trying now though!

Month/Cycle: 13 / 11

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, pulling the goalie. Probably start EOD  this weekend. 

R/R: I'm just glad to be starting again! Every cycle that goes by without trying gets to me. A little nervous about a Feb DD as 2/3 of my losses were Feb DD but the chances of this being our cycle seem slim anyway. I'm feeling hopeful and am in a good headspace. Hoping to be able to check in a few times a week! Working from home with everyone here has been tricky and I feel like I spend so much time on a device for work and home school that when I'm done I don't want to look at my phone. I have been reading a ton though! 

CS/Q: none