December 2020 Moms

Why my pregnant self is crying...

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying...

• My husband told me he was to be at work at 6:15 tomorrow morning.  I just burst into tears.  He was like babe you can sleep in regardless.  
  • I forgot who mentioned Council of Dads but omg yes! I bawled during the first episode and again when they replayed it last week. So much love in that show ❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • I cried cause my husband said my niece will celebrate her birthday a day before my toddler's birthday (which is the day I spent in labor ALL DAY) even though my niece's birthday is 11 days before that. And that they would make it like a joint birthday for the both of them at their house, but I won't be there cause I'm stuck in bed nauseous. I was like what?! Noooo and then the tears, I look him in the eye and am like "I'm... still... a little.... emotional...... about that day." 😭
    Srsly still pissed.
  • karmbakarmba member
    @BmcD2016 it was me!  I really like that show - but I have to watch it by myself because it's definitely not my husband's thing haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• @karmba I love it too! My husband has been watching it with me so far, but I’m sure he’ll tap out soon. 
    NBC has all the shows that make me cry lately. Council of Dads, Chicago Fire every now and then) and New Amsterdam. 
  • maisasmaisas member
    I joined a Facebook group for cloth diapering and I'm crying about all the support in the group 😂 

Asked a question and BAM answers so fast and tips/suggestions it made me cry.
  • DH and I were watching Prop Culture on Disney+ and I couldn’t make it five minute into the first episode before I started crying 🤦🏼‍♀️
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @maisas the cloth diaper community is so wonderful! We used cloth on our 4yo and I loved it, when #2 arrived I couldn't keep up with the wash cycle with 2 and we had lots of extra complications with illness and such. So hoping to break them out for #3. If not, we'll probably be selling and that would break my heart.
    image     image
  • What isn’t making me cry is the better question for me. I feel like all I do is cry 😂
  • My husband rocked his FTP (functional threshold power) test on the Peloton last night. His determination and resulting progress made me teary eyed  :D 
  • Starting to think something is wrong with me. Other than a few tv shows, nothing has made me cry yet. 
  • I cried today because I ate 4 pieces of pizza at lunch and I literally couldn’t stop myself I was so ravenous and then I felt so sick after and I just want to eat healthy but every time I do I get so nauseated I end up eating twice as much to get the carbs in and keep the food down 😩
  • @BmcD2016 you're not alone. My getting teary eyed over the test was rare. I think I've gotten misty maybe 3 times. 
  • @BmcD2016 nothing wrong with that! honestly, for me, a lot of my crying was because I was off my antidepressant. The OB put me on a different one yesterday and I’m already a hell of a lot more stable. I know some people can manage without meds, but I’m not one of them 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @dreamscapes_ oh me either! I definitely need my meds
  • Because I want to go to target, get a Starbucks, and wander around touching all the things. DH said no. I mean- he’s right, we are in NY, but 😭😭😭😭😭

• @dobiemom11 That is wonderful of your dad to offer that! Even if you and your mom didn’t want him to, that’s still such a sweet thing of him to offer 💜
  • @dreamscapes_. It is so sweet for him to offer.  I just don't know when it will be safe to see them.

Another reason I am crying...threw up so violently that I peed my pants!  Not cool.  
  • A woman that I went to HS with recently died of COVID. We graduated in the same class, we're the same age, we have the same profession (and employer) for the same duration, we both have 4 year olds, she was pregnant with her second child. It's just too much. 
  • @willashbaby omg, that is way too close. I’m sorry to hear that. 
  • @willashbaby omg I’m so sorry! That’s horrible!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @willashbaby that's awful. My brother is super sick right now with it :( 

• @willashbaby I’m so so sorry ☹️ That’s horrible. 

@the_road_to_oz I hope your brother recovers well!
  • @willashbaby I am so sorry. 

@the_road_to_oz I hope your brother recovers and doesn’t have any lasting side effects. 
  • I watched the first 5 minutes of the Class of 2020 prom thing that’s on every channel and lost it. My H looked at me like I was nuts but knows better than to say anything. 
  • @the_road_to_oz I hope your brother will feel better and be ok. 

@willashbaby omg I'm so sorry. Thats so sad and horrible

• we took our daughter to the garden store to grab some things and get out of the house for a bit..and I was that mom dragging her screaming meltdown having toddler out of the store. Once I got her buckled into the car seat I sat in the car and cried with her. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• gh1219gh1219 member
    MH (doctor actively working) has a sore throat and a fever.  It's probably nothing but my mind going to the worst places 😭
  • @bearmomma1 that was us yesterday too. We got home and my husband and I looked at each other and agreed that we don’t miss taking her out in public. 

@gh1219 is it easy for medical providers to get tested if they start showing symptoms? Also, do you two quarantine from each other in that case? You’ve already been exposed at this point if it is Covid, right? 
  • gh1219gh1219 member
    @BmcD2016 yes, relatively easy.  He is private practice, so it's a little harder because there's no "employee health" office that is handling this for him, but a hospital he works at set up an appointment for his drive through testing right now.
    I'm in an academic job so I have a whole employee health office dedicated to testing physicians - I'm going to request testing as well tomorrow when regular business hours open.  Not going to fuss with getting one today since I'm not seeing patients right now.
    We are in discussion about where to stay.  As of right now we will move him to the new house's garage apartment today and I'll stay behind in our old apartment to pack it up myself.  We were supposed to move this week, but if he's positive we will need to cancel the movers/painters/handyman/etc etc and I'll need to move alone.  If I'm negative and he's positive we'll stay apart as long as he's well so that I can continue to get the house ready and see my own obgyn for the NT/NIPT which I was supposed to do this week.  If he becomes sick of course he'll stay in the house so I can take care of him and monitor the severity of his symptoms.  A lot of "ifs" until test results.  I'm so bummed out about this!
  • @gh1219 I'm so sorry to hear that your going through this right now. I hope you and your hubby will both be negative. Try not to stress. Sore throat and fever can happen from other things. It's hard not to think the worst during this time. Sending you positive vibes. 
  • @the_road_to_oz that video is so cute!

@BmcD2016, you're not alone.  No tears here either. 

@gh1219 fingers crossed both tests are negative. 

@willashbaby I'm so sorry! That's very close to home

@the_road_to_oz hope your brother recovers soon. And I hear you on wanting to go to all the stores DS outgrew all his 2T clothes 2 weeks into quarantine,  it's a good thing no one sees him now,  he looks ridiculous.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Okay have a new one to add - yesterday pretty late in the morning I texted my husband from our bed and asked him if he would toast me some waffles - could hear him in the kitchen. I had an awful headache and was feeling so nauseous but all I wanted was some blueberry waffles, but getting out of bed was not going to happen. When he didn't respond, I cried and just tried to close my eyes and fall back asleep while feeling extra sorry myself. Probably 15 minutes later he came in with the waffles, but the wait was agonizing and horrible.
  • Had a complete meltdown when I couldn't log in to pay the electric bill. It was a 10 minute cycle of wrong password, change password, wrong password as the boys were in the next room audibly removing every toy from the shelves.

Then seeing the first day/last day pictures on 4yo son's preschool page. The year is officially over and they haven't had class since March 16. So sad my kiddo hasn't seen his friends or teacher and worried if it will be safe to start in the fall. Heartbroken for the older class who "graduated" without ever going back. I know it's "just" preschool but my heart aches for the kids who aren't old enough to understand why staying home and isolated is necessary.
    image     image
  • akorosakoros member
    Haven't been crying very much (tearing up a bit more easily about stuff you'd expect, like all the Class of 2020 stuff), but the other day I couldn't handle an episode of "Hoarders" because it just made me feel so sick. That stuff generally doesn't bother me at all, but I couldn't do it. My husband had to finish it on his own.
  • @akoros I get that. I’m in a bunch of cooking groups on Facebook and one person posted about refried beans, with a photo, and I couldn’t scroll past quick enough.