January 2021 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/11

• Has anyone used a Doppler or are you planning to use one? I didn’t with my first since I read that they sometimes increase anxiety if you can’t find the heartbeat and I had a pretty normal pregnancy until the end. After my recent loss I’m considering it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have one from the last pregnancy. I’ll probably use it around 12 weeks sparingly until I feel movement. Really trying to stay away from it though until I go to the midwife because I know I’ll go crazy. I’m still obsessively checking tp after toilet trips.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Quarantine day 458038: oldest kid grabbed his suitcase and informed us he is moving out. To a different family that lets him do what he wants. I went up to help him pack his suitcase (my endgame is telling him how much I'll miss him once he's packed- usually works). Meanwhile #2 FREAKS out sobbing because if #1 leaves he'll have no one to play with. Then #3 cries because everyone else is crying. Happy Monday. 
  • @happyfeet34 that's encouraging! I wish it would just go away 🙁 my brother has had it for the last week or so. 

• @feelingjovani first of all, love that username 🤣. I had one from my last pregnancy that I used after the 10 week mark and I was lucky that I was able to find the heartbeat myself. For me it was super helpful after I experienced an early loss. I did it once a week on my last day of that pregnancy week as a *treat*. I think you have to ask yourself what personality you have in terms of anxiety and make the choice bc it definitely doesn’t mean anything at all if you can’t find the heartbeat yourself at home. I think waiting till the 12 week mark is a good idea too!
  • Today we set our wedding day for July 25th 2020. That's only 10 weeks away. But seeing how we have been unofficially planning it for 6 years.... really long story.... it's not that short of a time frame to set a wedding date.  I'm so excited. All in one day I got the church reserved, the pastor line up, and working on the invitation list as we speak. So excited. I have an appointment next week to see if my dress  be altered. I bought it 6 years ago  before 2 kids and before this pregnancy. Really hoping it can be altered to fit me. 
    We planned our wedding in 12 weeks, and it went really well. I hope yours goes as smoothly! Ours was pretty small (70 people) and held at the Biergarten of a local German family club, and we had my husband's grandfather perform the ceremony. 
  • @AshleyGemini24 Oooh congratulations! That's so exciting. 
  • @cricket1688 thanks!  I wasn't sure how early you could use it but I'm thinking it may cause me more anxiety than I need.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AshleyGemini24 how wonderful! Hope you share more about it I love weddings haha 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• I just almost outed myself to my older kids 😆 I was jokingly pushing past my husband to get to the bathroom and said “Lady with a b....ladder! Bladder coming through!” Oops! It’s hard to be guarded around them, but I don’t want them telling all and sundry about “MOMMY HAVING A BABYYYY!” just yet.
  • @sheviolentlyknits I have to watch it more too! My oldest is nine and for the most part I think he just ignores the things I say anyways, but I know he is probably putting things together! Just trying to wait until after my first appointment before we tell the kids because last time my oldest told everyone! Like strangers at the grocery store included lol! 
  • @hippiegirl884 @sheviolentlyknits this is something I hadn’t even thought of! DS isn’t old enough to understand so of course we’re liberally talking about it at home. Gosh I forgot about limited coffee. I normally make an espresso and pour it over regular coffee and I’m thinking I’m going to have to cut that espresso out?! Send help and caffeine 
  • Limiting coffee is the worst. Last pregnancy I got decaf grounds and mixed it to make half-caf coffee so I could have twice as much. Previous pregnancy I couldn’t drink it anyway because the smell kicked my gag reflex. Which was also awful because I just wanted to love coffee and have that small sense of normalcy. Lol
  • “I’m going to share my toys but NOT my elephants!” 
    🤣 I love this. Kids are so hilarious. 
  • @the_road_to_oz I haven’t! I’ll have to look into it. Hopefully it’s pro caffeine. With DS I didn’t have any first tri and then kept the to the recommended amount for the remainder and then once he came I was BACK to my regular even while bfeeding bc our boobs aren’t blenders
  • aels12aels12 member
    I’m slightly paranoid so probably going to cut out my morning coffee until second tri, but I don’t think it’s actually necessary to do according to most data. 
  • @the_road_to_oz that’s great to know! Everything in moderation in life and in pregnancy. I think it also just feels good to follow recommended guidelines, I know I always feel like I’m actively doing something for the baby but I will def miss my coffee for a bit
  • I'm trying to give up my smoking habit. But it is near impossible to give up my coffee. Especially working third shift
  • @aels12 Same, I never imagined I would give up coffee, I love it so so much. But two weeks before I found out, I went on this "spring cleanse" through the yoga studio I go to (mostly as an activity while quarantined haha) which involved no caffeine, so I feel superstitious about bringing it back now even though rationally I know doctors would say I can! Whenever I have a cup again it's going to be the best cup of coffee ever! 
  • Oh man my SO has some loose freakin lips. I agreed that we could have one "cheat person" that we told right when we found out and we called his absolute best friend (basically his sister without being related). But today he felt the need to tell his BOSS because he's planning to come to the ultrasound next week. Haven't you ever heard of a little white lie, man?? Or like...just saying "a doctor's appt" and not giving details? Like it's not the end of the world and what's done is done, but I'm just feeling anxious because I'm not having as many symptoms as I would like and it doesn't feel quite "real." Ugh hopefully I'll feel better in a little over a week at the U/S!
  • @whitealbum29 I spilled the beans unintentionally to my boss the other day.  To be fair, I had to unexpectedly go for an u/s for some bleeding and I started crying when I told her I had somewhat urgent doctor's appointment.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @feelingjovani Oh poor you! That's totally understandable, I hope your boss was super nice about it!
  • I hope everything turned out ok for you @feelingjovani
  • @feelingjovani sending you so much love. It sucks to reveal earlier than you would have preferred but so glad you were able to go in. Hope everything turned out just fine. Also hoping your boss gave you empathy and kindness. 

• Thanks ladies.  I'm actually going back on the 26th for another u/s.  They couldn't find the heartbeat but said it very possible that it's just too early.  So I'm just trying not to think about it and continue like everything is fine until I know more.  But man it's going to be a long wait.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @feelingjovani Oh I'm so sorry about the ultrasound but hopefully they were right and was just too early! My fingers are crossed for you that everything goes great between now and the 26th!
  • @whitealbum29 thank you <3 I'm really hopeful that it was just too early especially since my symptoms seem to be getting worse (more bloating, nausea, etc.) and not going away.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @feelingjovani sorry you didn’t find the heartbeat. If it is at all comforting that happened with my youngest and it just ended up being to early 

• @feelingjovani Definitely sounds like a good sign! <3
  • How does anyone survive the house selling/buying/moving process? Our house gets listed in like 4 days and I’m basically 24/7 panicking that everything is going to go terribly and we’re going to end up forced out of this house while the next one falls through or my kids are going to decide to paint the walls with spaghetti sauce or something. And my husband and I have very different taste in houses. I just can’t wait for it to be done and settled. We’re currently a family of 5 in about 700 sq. ft. so it’s time to size up but it’s miserable right now.
  • @sheviolentlyknits thinking of you! Moving houses is so stressful. Sending you lots of good vibes for an easy and stress free selling, buying and moving process. You can do it! 

• @sheviolentlyknits ugh no I g is a hassle but new house is fun!! I hope you guys have a smooth transition keep us posted! DH and I have been talking about an addition on our house for awhile now and that I’m pregnant we are like OH SHIT. So we talked to some builders yesterday and on Monday they will come take a look to see what can be done. Not thrilled to live through construction but I’m hoping it’ll make our house our forever home! We love this house and neighborhood so much already
  • @feelingjovani ughhh the ultrasound wait sucks! Pregnancy time is SO slow. Fingers crossed for you the time passes quickly!
  • @sheviolentlyknits we are bursting at the seams too! 

We will make the house work for the next year or so but we will have to start looking at 3rd row vans/suv though kinda soon. We just bought a car a couple months ago but did not anticipate adding on to the family so we are maxed out on seats. Hopefully there will be some good trade in deals!
  • @cricket1688 my husband had mentioned adding on but I have too many issues with where we live. I grew up around where we are living and absolutely hated it, and I still just feel like a total fish out of water here. We moved here initially because my husband got a really great job offer at a time when his field was really struggling, but then we got stuck by having kids and all that jazz. I want to move somewhere with more diversity and less gossip 😆
  • Kind of sounds like we live in similar places @sheviolentlyknits. We moved back to my hometown 3 years ago for work. I just keep to myself and don’t hang with those kinds of people anymore but for sure gets lonely. Especially as a new mom. We’re lucky to love the house and neighborhood we originally moved into