October 2020 Moms

Weekly Check-in, Week 2 (10/8-10/14) - 5/11

How far along are you?

Due date?

Upcoming appointments?

Rant/rave?

Questions?

GTKY: What's one place you want to go to, but have never been?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week 2 (10/8-10/14) - 5/11

• How far along are you? 18+2

Due date? 10/10

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan 5/26

Rant/rave? Rant is I'm exhausted and so over working from home while parenting a toddler. Rave would be...my mom who normally watches DD on Thursday and Friday might finally be coming back in June, which would mean two days a week where I don't have to juggle work and childcare!

Questions?

GTKY: What's one place you want to go to, but have never been? There are so many! I'd love to go to England, Ireland, and Scotland which would've been our honeymoon, but we couldn't really afford it right away...and then we bought a house and had a kid. So we'll see if that ever happens.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • How far along are you? —18 weeks, but this is my halfway point since I’m having a csection at 37 weeks 

Due date? —Oct 12

Upcoming appointments? —3 hour glucose test tomorrow (early due to PCOS and weight) 

Rant/rave? —Not looking forward to sitting in a mask for 3 hours tomorrow. 

Questions?

GTKY: What's one place you want to go to, but have never been? — Ireland. We were supposed to go soon but probably won’t be able to go for a while now. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 18 weeks

Due date? 10/10

Upcoming appointments? US & OB appt this Thursday, anatomy scan in about 2 weeks

Rant/rave? 
    Rant: I think I'm finally getting indigestion.. I almost puked on DH last night because I was so nauseous after dinner and felt gross after lunch today too. 
    Rave: Get to see the beans again this week and, fingers crossed, find out the sexes this week (seriously hoping they cooperate because I can't imagine waiting a few more weeks)

Questions? None

GTKY: What's one place you want to go to, but have never been? Any National Parks that I haven't already been to.
  • jgrodojgrodo member
    How far along are you? 18 wks

Due date?10/12

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan in 2 weeks

Rant/rave? Rant: I'm so tired I really miss sleeping through the night. It'sso hard to choose btw a nap during DS naptime and being productive. Rave:was able to get a grocery delivery slot woohoo hehe

Questions?

GTKY: What's one place you want to go to, but have never been? Bali - didn't get the chance when were down under hopefully one day 
  • How far along are you? 18 wks

Due date? 10/8

Upcoming appointments? a/s TOMORROW!!! MH is going to wait in the car and everything is going to be a-okay. @mckjacks I am also hoping for cooperation because this will most likely be my only opportunity to see sex before birth! AH!!! It's so exciting!

Rant/rave? Officially heading back to work next week, mixed feelings. I have been tasked with putting a 5-6 person team together out of my currently furloughed 25-person team... the overwhelming reality has been that basically nobody wants to come back. So far only 1 person is willing, so that's fun! Not sure what the company is going to do about that 🤷‍♀️

Questions? I went to Target yesterday morning out of necessity and shopped during "vulnerable persons" hour which specifically lists pregnant women. It's cold here and I obviously don't look pregnant under my jacket so I kind of felt guilty, like people might have wondered what I was doing there. What is wrong with me and why do I care!?

GTKY: What's one place you want to go to, but have never been? Pretty much every country in the whole world, but if so had to choose one I would love more than anything to travel to Japan! 
  • How far along are you? 18 weeks

Due date? 10/11

Upcoming appointments? AS at the end of the month

Rant/rave? Rant: DH told me to order an inflatable pool for the kids, but then he was annoyed that I ordered an inflatable pool...? Rave: I felt super loved and appreciated on Mother's day between my family and my IPs :)

Questions? Nope

GTKY: What's one place you want to go to, but have never been? Tough question! I think I'll say Australia but I have a whole list!
  • How far along are you: 18 weeks

Due Date: was 10/13 now 10/9 after appointment today

Upcoming Appointments: our AS was today, we’re having a girl!!!!!! 23 week check up June 16

Rave: The ultrasound tech during my AS was so great at pointing out everything to me and telling me as she checked different things that everything looked great! Also, baby girl would not stop moving, so the ultrasound tech was able to deal with that well and get the images she needed

Rant: Heartburn’s been a problem the last few days and I’ve never had it before I got pregnant, so just dealing with that has been a little annoying.

Questions: None today

Place I’d Like to Go: Italy! I’m Italian and I’ve been fascinated with Roman history since I was a kid and it was actually my minor in college, so this is at the top of my list!
  • @ccstlln1 my 23 week appt is on 6-16 too!

It's also my 30th birthday that day. It's going to be a phone appointment. They told me about every other appt will be over the phone at this point. Phone appointments are really stupid in my opinion, if I had any questions I would just call them...
  • @ginevere I’ve been extremely lucky and my OB office has kept its normal schedule and is still keeping in-person appointments. I think it helps that while I’m in a largish city, the cases have remained relatively low and we also have a lot of hospitals, so there’s never been a big threat of the healthcare system being overwhelmed, especially when stay-at-home orders were enacted. I think it also helps that my OB office is in its own building, so they’re able to control who’s coming in and out pretty easily.
  • @ccstlln1 that's good! I don't really know my OBs reasoning, they're also in their own building, but will be moving to a newly built wing attached to the hospital in the summer. I'm a little worried about how that is going to affect things. But overall my state is not out of control with cases and I live in a more remote area anyway, I think they're all being overly cautious which I guess is a good thing.