January 2021 Moms

Blood

During sex with my husband tonight I started to bleed bright red. We're trying not to get upset until we know more or can see the doctor,  but are scared it won't be good news.  I'm interested in your stories and prayers.  

Re: Blood

• I’m so sorry you’re having a scare. First, know that sex did not cause this. I had a small amount of bleeding with my last pregnancy for a day and I have a perfectly healthy son. However, I am not a doctor and the best thing you can do for yourself is call your OB and get checked out!
  • Sending you all the prayers and pixie dust 💖
  • Loading the player...
  • @cricket1688 well sex might have caused it - but that would be good news.

@angelamichelle24 you might have irritated your cervix. There is a lot more blood rushing to it right now, and it’s longer than normal. So if you ... poke it.... (from a vaginal exam or sex) it can bleed. Absolutely no bearing on the health of a pregnancy. 

If you are having a loss, cricket is right- nothing you did or didn’t do caused this. but don’t rush to that conclusion! 

• @the_road_to_oz you’re right. I meant more of “this is not your fault, you did nothing wrong” I know with my first pregnancy I felt like everything I did that resulted in pain etc was because I did XYZ that day. But you’re right I forgot sometimes sex irritates the cervix!
  • @cricket1688 thank you for taking that graciously 🤣 that happened with my first and I remember how it scared me!!! 

• It can be very normal to bleed a bit after sex but it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’ve had some spotting. It can be scary but try to stay positive. In my first pregnancy my OB put me on pelvic rest until spotting would cease. That has been helpful for me to remember. :) check out the symptoms thread too. I think someone of us may have talked about it there too. Hang in there! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing