January 2021 Moms

Board organization discussion

Hey everybody- as more of us show up, how do we want see this develop?
Do we want a due date cohort weekly check in? A daily check in for everyone? Previous boards do it both ways. 
Do we want to have the same person post the same thread every week, or do we want to be more fluid? 
Also- we should talk about loss - do we want to request loss moms who want to say goodbye do it in one TW thread? Or do we want to have a one of post for each (if that’s what our friends leaving us want?) 
any suggestions? Thoughts?

Re: Board organization discussion

• I vote weekly check in for everyone. 
    More fluid. 
    Loss thread (I don’t have strong feelings on this one, I personally wanted to quietly say goodbye after my last loss so I would have preferred this)

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • I vote weekly check in cause you know... life.  And I also vote for a TW loss thread. And as far as who does the thread I'd say leave it open. If you see it hasn't been posted and you feel comfortable doing so, then start the thread. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Any interest in an “Ask a 2nd+ time mom” thread? We had one in my old board and it was super helpful 
  • I like the idea of weekly check ins, weekly randoms, weekly symptoms etc. 

as far as loss goes, I have no preference. 
  • I like weekly everything, and whoever is up can start. In my last bmb it tended to be the same people, but anyone could do it so it wasn't so much of a chore for one person. 
    I liked the ask a 2nd time mom thread too!
    For loss, I think it should be an option either way. Some people would probably prefer a quieter TW'd thread. But if someone wants to do a separate post I think they should be allowed to- one of the hard things about it, especially early, is how few people know it even happened. Putting it as a separate post that more will see and be able to support might be helpful for some.
  • I like weekly everything, and whoever is up can start. In my last bmb it tended to be the same people, but anyone could do it so it wasn't so much of a chore for one person. 
    I liked the ask a 2nd time mom thread too!
    For loss, I think it should be an option either way. Some people would probably prefer a quieter TW'd thread. But if someone wants to do a separate post I think they should be allowed to- one of the hard things about it, especially early, is how few people know it even happened. Putting it as a separate post that more will see and be able to support might be helpful for some.
    Just coming to say I agree with all of this!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi Everyone,
    I’m fine with anyone starting threads. I personally would love to see a PGAL thread if there isn’t one.  As far as a loss thread I like @kat11223344 idea of having one if people want but I’m fine with others creating their own if they would like. 

I like the idea of a weekly check-in based on the week you are due. I’ve done ticker ones in the past and it Just seemed to be a lot of extra threads. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @stillcozy I would also like a PGAL thread. I think a number of us here are expecting rainbow babies and that comes with a whole lot of feels, it would be nice to have a safe place for those. 

• I think a weekly check in by due date makes sense! Week 1-4 the way other boards do them.
  • When would we start posting weekly check-ins by due date? (If we're doing that?) I guess most people so far would be due by mid-January but maybe in the next couple weeks? 

I haven't seen boards where there's a weekly check-in for everyone but I'd be open to that too! 
  • @whitealbum29 good question. I think maybe now or in the next week or so? 

Do others have any other preferences for weekly/ monthly thread ideas? 

• @whitealbum29 that’s funny because I took a bump hiatus for about 5 years (used to be super active and TTGP was my home board) back then I only recall a weekly check in for everyone. I really don’t mind either way, I think what was nice about the weekly check in for everyone is that you got to know everyone, because realistically most of us aren’t giving birth on our due dates - but it also was a lot to read through. 

• I like the weekly checking. Ticker changes was just too much 
  • I’ve also seen daily checks for everyone- so a Monday thread, Tuesday etc. so you get to know everyone, but it’s less all at once. Kinda jump in where you can. Those are usually like “how far along, What’s one your mind, gtky question” 

• Yeah all these ideas seem like they could work! I could make a poll with weekly everybody-check-in, weekly due date check-in, and day of the week everybody-check-ins -- those seem to be the top contenders but let me know if I missed one. 
  • So it seems we have two pregnancy symptom threads going. Should we do a weekly one or just stick with one in general? 

I’d love to start a deals, steals and freebies thread even though it is early if everyone else is okay with that? 

• whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited May 2020
    @stillcozy Yeah there's one from when the board first started but might be good to have a weekly thread for symptoms, someone mentioned it above.

So far it looks like -
    Weekly symptoms
    Weekly randoms 
    Weekly or daily check-in TBD
    TW loss thread (I also like the idea that people should be able to post a separate thread as well as having this)
    Ask a 2nd+ Time Mom (seems like we can keep using the one already created, or if it gets long and someone wants to start a new one at the beginning of a month that could work)
    PGAL
    Deals/Steals/Freebies

Also makes sense to do a new Doctor Appt thread at the beginning of each month I think. 

And of course fun threads as we think of them like random GTKY, FFFC, Fit Friyay, WTF Wednesday - some of which have already been started. 
  • oecmommaoecmomma member
    edited May 2020