Pregnant after IF

All Trimester Check-in May 11th

Hi Everyone! Happy Belated Mother's/Mother's to be Day!!
  • How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What food did you dislike/hate as a kid (and why) that you now like as an adult?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling!!

@bluguitarhannah EDD 7/1 (girl)

@caitiemae EDD 1/30 (boy)

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@hanshotfirst77 EDD 6/21 (girl)

@knockupthestock EDD 7/23

@cirrra EDD 8/4

@wildrainbow EDD 8/16 (Boy)

@angelina1919 EDD 7/29

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8

@businesswife EDD 8/21

@31magnolia EDD 9/8 (Girl)

@artemis618 EDD 9/2 (Boy)

@mtpbadger EDD 11/13

@omarismyhomeboy EDD 12/24

@vetgirl2011 EDD???

@stella_700 EDD ???

@the_road_to_oz EDD???

Re: All Trimester Check-in May 11th

• How far along/EDD? - 34+1, 6/21
    • How are you feeling this week? Ok, been having a lot of joint pain and pelvic pressure, and sleep is not going well. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Baby girl has flipped! I was super shocked at my OB appt today to find out that she flipped and is now head down. I was bracing myself for the c-section talk today and had a million questions ready to go. I'm very excited that I still have a chance to go into labor naturally. With my son I ended up needing to be induced at 41+1 and he was born 41+2 and though it was a good induction experience and I was more than ready for him to finally come out, I always wondered about actually going into labor. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? 5/26 36wk appt
    • GTKY: What food did you dislike/hate as a kid (and why) that you now like as an adult? Fish. I hated it as a kid except for maybe fish sticks. It just always smelled funny to me so I never wanted to eat it. But I love fish now. Especially Salmon, I eat it roughly once a week. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @hanshotfirst77 yay for baby girl having flipped! That is great news!
    • How far along/EDD? - 13w3d; 11/13
    • How are you feeling this week? Pretty good! Boobs (mainly the nipples) are still so sore, especially when sleeping. Started wearing one of my old night nursing bras and that has helped. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? My daughter has started lifting my shirt up and saying “hi baby” and giving my tummy kisses. It’s the sweetest thing ever and I just about cry every time!
    • Any upcoming appointments? 5/29 for 16 week appt
    • GTKY: What food did you dislike/hate as a kid (and why) that you now like as an adult? I was a super picky eater as a kid. Hated tomatoes, anything with chunks in it (salsa, chunky tomato sauce) fish, ground beef. I eat tomatoes like apples now with a little salt and eat fish often as well. Still can’t stand peanut butter for some reason as many times as I try it again as an adult. 
  • Loading the player...
    • How far along/EDD? 26+1/ Aug 16
    • How are you feeling this week? Eh, my back is killing me. I had a few dizzy spells this week that I'm gonna talk to my dr about. I think it's a dip in BP. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? 
    • Any upcoming appointments? May 19th
    • GTKY: What food did you dislike/hate as a kid (and why) that you now like as an adult? Salad. I hated any kind of salad when I was younger and now I love it. Especially a good chicken Ceasar. 

• @hanshotfirst77 Yay for baby girl turning! Hopefully she stays put and you can go into labor on your own!!

@mtpbadger That is so sweet about your daughter. I love it when the boys say hi to the baby. 
  • @mtpbadger That is so cute with your daughter!

@wildrainbow I hope you get the dizzy spells figured out. And ceasar salad is one of my favorites!

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• How far along/EDD? 27+2/Aug 4
    • How are you feeling this week? I wake up sore everyday. I just can’t sleep on my side it hurts my sides. Any suggestions on how to alleviate that? I have two kinds of pregnancy pillows and I’m currently using the u-shaped one but maybe I’m not using it right since it doesn’t help. Though one upside is my son cuddles the pillow instead of my head, so I’m less disturbed at night. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? See above. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB appt on 5/21 and fetal echo on 5/22. 
    • GTKY: What food did you dislike/hate as a kid (and why) that you now like as an adult? Bacon and eggs. Bacon, because I did not like any fatty meat, especially pork belly. Blubbery fat makes me gag. But when it’s cooked crispy the way I like, it’s oh so delicious. Eggs, because I did not care for the flavor of egg yolk. Now I eat eggs almost everyday. Lately I’m all about egg salad!
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
    • How far along/EDD? 7wks 12-28
    • How are you feeling this week? some headaches, some dry heaving, sore breasts
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? just waiting till next check and keeping hope.
    • Any upcoming appointments? 5-21 
    • GTKY: What food did you dislike/hate as a kid (and why) that you now like as an adult? asparagus and chili
    @hanshotfirst77 getting so close, I’m excited that she flipped for you.

@wildrainbow yum, chicken Caesar salad.
    • How far along/EDD? 28w+6d
    • How are you feeling this week? Heartburn came back with a revenge!! Last night it was really bad, pain all over my diaphragm.  Today I am going back to eating very small portions, hope this helps.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Last week I had 2 good appointments.  MFM to check the baby, all measurements are good.  My placenta moved a little away from the cervix and they found a third fibroid but it’s small, the other 2 are large but OK and away from the incision, so he was ok with seeing me again in 4 weeks.  I also had a regular OB and glucose test, waiting for the results now and he also did not see any need to see me sooner than 3 weeks.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Regular OB on 05/29 and MFM on 06/04
    • GTKY: What food did you dislike/hate as a kid (and why) that you now like as an adult? Soups!! Any kind of soups!! Which I can have now every day.

• <ul><li>How far along/EDD? 25w3d
    </li><li>How are you feeling this week? Okay, idk if I may have to back off the bump a bit.  There's so much to do around the house, and it seems like it causes tension with DH when certain things don't get done.  At least if I weren't bumping, he can't blame it on that 🤷</li><li>Rants/Raves? Questions? Tired, aches and pains, nothing too bad or out of the ordinary though :)</li><li>Any upcoming appointments? My VBAC teleconsult yesterday turned into a real fiasco, so hopefully I'm able to connect with the doctor today. 😬</li><li>GTKY: What food did you dislike/hate as a kid (and why) that you now like as an adult? Maybe green olives?  The briney ones were just too strong for me then, but now I love them!</li></ul>@hanshotfirst77 glad baby girl flipped for you!  Would be Amazing not to need the sectional afterall. :)

@wildrainbow hope they get your BP figured out (((hugs)))

@cashewchicken omg bacon HAS GOT to be super crispy.  DH likes it not too cooked and it's just the grossest thing to me  :p like you said, the blubberiness!  :D yuck

@angelina1919 glad baby is looking on track!  Hope the hb improves for you. Uggh
  • @cashewchicken My son does the same thing with my pregnancy pillow. I don't have any great advice, I'm sleeping like shit, it's always something, either leg cramps, or having to pee, or the rib pain. General soreness and comfortableness. I've chalked it up to this is 3rd tri. But I hope it gets better for you!

@stella_700 Fx for your next appt!

@angelina1919 The heartburn is the worst. Ugh hope it improves!

@BusinessWife I hope you get through to the doc today. Do you think there's any reason why they won't let you try for a VBAC?

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @hanshotfirst77 I sure hope not!  I already switched practices to one that is supposedly more vbac friendly, and the other doctor sure seemed that way when I met him back in June or July, whenever that was.  I think maybe my biggest reservation is wondering how much this whole situation may weigh on their decision making, and I'm hoping that they will be making their recommendation independent of whatever procedures or protocols the hospitals may have in place at that time... :/
    • How far along/EDD? 23w0d / Sept 8th
    • How are you feeling this week? Normal aches and pains but good. Started taking Pepcid Complete for heartburn and that helps immediately! I also wore the compression socks last night while I was sleeping. Surprisingly they didn't bother me and my feet aren't swollen this morning. Yay!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave - Baby girl is moving all the time now. She had a little dance party this morning while my SO and I we snuggling. Lol. I love the feeling. It's just an amazing remind of this entire journey AND it provide daily reassurance that it's all OK. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? 6/2 OB and glucose test
    • GTKY: What food did you dislike/hate as a kid (and why) that you now like as an adult? I have so many. Hahaha. But I'll go with tomatoes and Liver. I truly hated both. I think it had to do with the texture. But I've recently started enjoying tomatoes (probably within last 10 years) and even though I don't have liver too ofter (1-2 times a year) I like it as well. 
    @hanshotfirst77 - Yay that baby girl flipped!!! I know you were so happy when you saw that!

@mtpbadger - Your daughter lifting your shirt has to be the sweetest thing! I forget. How old is she?

@wildrainbow - I finally cave in and bought a blood pressure machine. It came yesterday. My family kept bugging me about it, because I generally have low blood pressure. 

@cashewchicken - I was having the same feeling! My pregnancy pillow stopped working. And my hips were seriously hurting when sleeping and when I would get up for the morning. Last night I flipped the pillow, so the U is now at the bottom. Completely different feeling! Not sure if I liked it, because I got no freaking sleep! I was freezing and I usually run hot with that pillow. I guess because I couldn't snuggle it the way I usually do. Anyway, I had way less joint pain with it upside down and my feet were less swollen this morning. I think that was a combination of the compression socks and the fact that I could elevate my feet on top of the U part of the pillow. Not sure which way you normally have your pillow, but maybe give it a try. I'm also considering buying a full length pillow that goes past my calves. 

@angelina1919 - Sorry about the heartburn! Pepcid Complete ended up working for me so I didn't have to the Nexium route. Have you tried Pepcid?

@BusinessWife - I also have soooooooo much to do. I just keep putting it off. :(

• @BusinessWife I hope you get the clearance! Everything is so weird with all the new protocols. I'm in total denial, I just keep thinking oh it will be so different in June. And now June is like 2 weeks away. 

@31magnolia Yay for no swollen feet! Mine seem to be fine in the morning but by the end of the day they are horrible. I really need to rest more but it's kinda hard when I'm still working and have a 6 yr old to chase after lol. That is so cute she had a dance party for you guys this morning <3

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• LSS, got the vbac clearance, but not left feeling super warm and fuzzy about our conversation.  Hopefully, when the time comes, it'll be a moot point, and the baby will just come on their own, on time.
  • @31magnolia - Thank you! I will tray Pepcid because Nexium takes a few days to kick in and I need something that works faster.

On the pillow, for those willing to try something different or if you have not got one yet, this is working for me.  The reason is it has zippers, so you can mix and match the different pieces/pillows: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VCQCV4V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  It has a piece of fabric with velcro that keeps 2 pillows close without moving, I use it to keep the one between my legs and the one supporting my back together.
  • @angelina1919 - The Pepcid Complete chewables have helped me soooo much!  And thanks for the info on the pillow. I may have to try it.  I had another sleepless night last night. 

• Dirty lurker
    @BusinessWife hooray for getting VBAC clearance. I hope it goes well for you. I know some docs push for birth by 40weeks, thankfully my MWs were always willing to give me to 41weeks, and I needed every day of it.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Thank you so much @wabash15 ❤️ sigh, I wish the Ob had been more encouraging, but anyway, at the end of the day, it's up to me and the baby! Lol so I will just have to do everything I can to give ourselves the best chance of success, and hope for the best!  I know so much of it is out of our hands