September 2020 Moms
Options

Boy/Girl Poll!

We have the thread and spreadsheet but a poll would be fun to look at! πŸ’™πŸ’—πŸ’œπŸ’š

Boy/Girl Poll! 35 votes

Boy
37% 13 votes
Girl
34% 12 votes
Boy/Boy
0% 0 votes
Girl/Girl
5% 2 votes
Boy/Girl
0% 0 votes
Green
22% 8 votes

Re: Boy/Girl Poll!

• Options
    @dontcallmeshirley1 isn't the NIPT pretty accurate? I've been curious because I've seen people say that on here!Β 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise NIPT is very accurate ours looked at the baby’s genetic code. They said gender was like 97% accurate. We had our anatomy scan yesterday and we are for sure having a boy like our NIPT said.Β 
  • Options
    @dontcallmeshirley1 I said to the ultrasound tech when she confirmed boy β€œoh good now we don’t have to change his name” lolΒ 
  • Options
    I'm really interested to see what the spread of this actually ends up being. I feel like boy and girl births tend to be lumped together, with more for a time and then switching off.
    I know that I read recently that times of stress lead to more girl births (boy embryos are more fragile when it comes to that and tend to spontaneously abort) but that would be more for the baby's being conceived now since our pregnancies were well established by the time that the major stress started
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    They told me it’s a 99% he’s a boy. But I wonder if it’s the same accuracy for a girl?
  • Options
    @greyl I think each office or person could have their own disclaimer on the gender part. They did say it was 99% accurate in testing for the fact that their is no genetic issue (like Down syndrome) idk why my genetics counselor threw the 97% for the gender. She did say again it was 99% accurate for him being genetically healthy.Β 
  • Options
    @ktholysz oh interesting!! Still pretty good odds though!Β 
  • Options
    My sneak peek test said boy. Will confirm 5/15!Β 
  • Options
    b u m pΒ 
  • Options
    So many more boys!!
  • Options
    @emohay1988 It’s funny because outside of this group mostly everyone who I’ve seen on social media that’s due in the fall is having a girl!! (Except one who’s having a boy)
  • Options
    pai314pai314 member
    One for the girls!

• Options
    I have two friends pregnant with me. One is due a week before me and is having a girl. One is due two weeks after me and is having a boy. And we’re waiting to be surprised, but I keep calling baby a him.Β 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @cabearit we're waiting too and I definitely call baby him more often than not. I ask my daughter if she wants a baby brother all the time lol.Β 
  • Options
    I actually have 3 other pregnant friends also expecting boys- one in June, one in September like a week apart from me and one in November!Β 
  • Options
    Not exactly relevant to this current pregnancy, but I have 2 high school friends who were pregnant at the same time as I was last time. We all had boys. DS was born first, then the next one is almost exactly a month younger, and the next is almost exactly 2 months younger. We also all had c sections and had complicated pregnancies. It was quite interesting
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022