3rd Trimester
Options

My baby is measuring quite large at 32 weeks?

I feel the baby now kicking my ribs and having hiccups in my vagina. He was measuring over 5lbs at 32 weeks. 2 weeks later I've gained another 5lbs even though my appetite has decreased significantly due to the severe heartburn! 
It hurts to walk, sit, and now even pee my hip flexors are so sore. 

When is enough discomfort enough? How soon can you try to self Induce? 

Anyone else gain 55lbs while eating well and not having gestational diabetes?

Answers

• Options
    @brandysmitty02 please do not try to self induce! Based on what you said, you're 34 weeks now? Way too early to kick baby out unless there's actual medical necessity, in which case, your OB will take care of that for you. You're in the third tri, you're out of room, baby is out of room and you're going to feel him/her all over the place! But more importantly, baby isn't ready to come out and delivering this early will be dangerous and is very hard on a little one. I've felt like my pelvis was splitting in half for the past month, but it's worth it to make sure my LO is going to be ready when it's time for her to come out. Talk it through with your doctor, they can help you through this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Unless there is a serious medical reason for it (and a serious medical reason is something that is life threatening like preeclampsia, not discomfort), a baby should never be induced before 37 weeks. Even then, babies should not be induced unless it's a legitimate medical need. Babies come when they're ready. 

If your baby comes at 32 weeks, he or she will be in the NICU for awhile, which will also be uncomfortable - sleeping who knows where, eating whatever you can. And, while this may not be universal or the case where you are, there are hospitals that are only allowing one parent to stay and not allowing that person to leave unless they want to stay gone due to covid. So you could be stuck in the hospital for weeks while recovering from birth. 

All that to say, however, if by self-induce you mean things like having sex, taking a walk, taking castor oil, eating spicy food, nipple stimulation, etc., do them all you want. At best, those possibly move things along when the baby is already thisclose to coming out. You're not going to induce labor by those methods at 32 weeks. And if by some crazy coincidence, you do those things tonight and deliver your baby tomorrow, it's because your baby was always going to be preterm. It was not caused by doing those things.  

Also, agreed with what a previous poster said about weight estimates via ultrasound. Those are highly inaccurate.