Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 4/27

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What's your favorite part about Spring?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 4/27

• Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 I definitely had that "how is it STILL Monday??" feeling yesterday. I remember when I was laid off 10 years ago, when DH went back to work in September and I didn't (we're both teachers, he didn't get laid off but I did and there were very few schools hiring), the days seemed endless. I didn't have the focus to read or get any big home projects done, either. I hope your furlough is short. 

@whitealbum29 I LOVE not having to put on a heavy coat, scarf, gloves, etc.! The "spring cleanse" sounds interesting. Let us know if you get any really good recipes. I'm always looking for more healthy meal ideas. 
  • @whitealbum29 a "spring cleanse" sounds like a good distraction. Having a purpose every day or something to do really helps when there's not much else to do.

@emeraldduchess yeah when you have no other major responsibilities the days feel like nothing. It's hard for me to feel productive in the mornings when I'm home so I try to do most things in the afternoon and evening. At work though, I tend to be much more productive in the mornings haha
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Diagnosis (if you've been): Unexplained

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO/TWW- I think O was yesterday? Maybe? who knows...

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): OPK, HIO

How are things going?: Staying busy, enjoying the warmer weather! If I did O yesterday it was on Day 13 of my cycle which is a few days early for me. So we will just wait and see what happens. 

Any questions?: Nope, just want to say sorry for not being so active on here. With the slower pace of not doing treatments, there doesn't seem much to update so I just lurk usually. But I am here and cheering you on! 

GTKY: What's your favorite part about Spring? The baby animals! The weather! The flowers! Just about anything except the allergies.  

@emeraldduchess Yay for approval and ready to go as soon as there is a green light! 
    @inthewoods23 I hate the lack of motivation that comes with a layoff or furlough. I hope you find some inspiration or just take this time to do a slower pace. 
    @whitealbum29 Have to admit I am a bit jealous/inspired by your cleanse! It sounds great. I keep saying I need to start one, but haven't had the discipline. I feel like there are so many stressful things now, and I don't want to do one in the midst of stress. 
    @bluetickgal GL at the monitoring appt tomorrow! And yes, we have done the collection at home and taken it in for an IUI. It worked the same as doing it for an SA. Ours needs an hour to process it, so we still have to drop it and then wait an hour for the IUI, but less "performance anxiety" for him. 
  • @emeraldduchess I'm glad that you have a tentative date to get your plan rolling!! 

@inthewoods23 I would also fail as a SAHM! not having interaction with other people can be painful!

@whitealbum29 I am a huge fan of yoga, I have tried doing it at home, but it is just not the same with the dogs running around crawling all over my mat, definitely not as peaceful lol

@bluetickgal are you still getting treatment?! thats awesome! I am so jelly! haha. fingers crossed for your folli check tomorrow!

@ramzlau I also haven't been very active here lately, I must say though, I was thinking the other day how i miss you ladies!! 

Diagnosis (if you've been): boarderline PCOS

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): I really have no idea lmao, based on my app, I am in the TWW.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): not a damn thing. going with the flow. relaxing and enjoying one another. 

How are things going?: I have been wicked MIA! My laptop shit the bed and I still can't access to forums on the mobile web or the app, so I had to order a new one, I got a macbook, which I love! I can't believe I never bought one before! Things with DH and I have been really great! aside from both of us being that dreaded word (essential), we have both managed to stay healthy (knock on wood), and we are enjoying each others company, when we're not working! I taught myself to sew in my spare time and have been making masks. I am finally going to be starting my last term of school  online, and in 10.5 weeks, I will be an RN, God willing! I am nervous about teaching myself these last two courses, Pediatrics and Maternity, and the workload is already insane for them, but I am soooo ready to be done! umm and I also have become addicted to Animal Crossing! haha does anyone else play?? I could use some more friends! 

Any questions?: Nope

GTKY: What's your favorite part about Spring? ummm I don't really have a favorite part about spring, my least favorite part is the pollen and the allergies that accompany it! It is nice to see the world come back to life though!! 

May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

• @bluetickgal yay for getting to move forward with IUI! Nice thick lining!

@ramzlau any idea when they might open things up near you so you can get started on treatment again?

@abarr723 GL with your online schooling! So exciting!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @bluetickgal Yay for being able to do it at home and for 2 good follies and lining! Sounds like things are lining up for you! 

@inthewoods23 Right now May 15th is the date, but hearing rumors that might be pushed back to June 1st. I was hoping for a 2020 baby because it saves us thousands on our deductible. But now that we are into Jan due dates, I feel like the clock has been reset to 12 months, so much of the urgency and pressure I was feeling is gone. Now it is just the wondering about what is wrong with my body that it isn't working right, and that I can wait a few months for answers on it. 
  • @ramzlau yes! I totally get that feeling too. We have 12 months now for a 2021 baby. The pressure of a 2020 baby is gone. I remember trying to get my FET scheduled for a due date as early in December as possible to keep the hope for a 2020 baby alive. Seems so silly now.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause

• Sorry I've been gone for so long! Work was nuts and then H and I got sick. It took a few weeks but we're thankfully both better and I'm alternating working from home with going into the office. Hopefully it's ok if I jump back in

@emeraldduchess hooray for the insurance coverage!! I'm hoping you'll be able to move forward in May!

@intothewoods23 sorry about the furlough

@whitealbum29 that spring cleanse sounds interesting. i've definitely been over-snacking. Hoping to get back on the wagon next week but we'll see how that goes   :# . I would also be interested in any recipes that look good!

@bluetickgal I'm glad things are looking good and that your H is able to do his part from home! It's nice that the timing of reopening the office worked out so well for you!

@ramzlau I know what you mean, I felt major disappointment at not getting to have a 2020 baby because it just felt like another milestone/opportunity lost, but now that it has passed, the pressure is off and it just is what it is. I hope your clinic is able to re-open soon

@abarr723 you are in the final stretch! That's so awesome. The self-directed learning is definitely a challenge, but you've already made it to this point, I'm sure you'll do great!

Diagnosis (if you've been): low TSH, low morph

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): PNV, levothyroxine, OPKs

How are things going?: Pretty well, finally! I got my TSH rechecked earlier this week and it was 1.9, so my endo gave me the green light and I had a telemedicine consult with my RE today and they are re-opening the office so we can actually move ahead if, or let's face it - when, AF comes.

Any questions?: none atm

GTKY: What's your favorite part about Spring? I'm with @abarr723 and @ramzlau. all Spring means for me is allergies! I usually spend most of spring indoors. But the flowers look pretty from inside lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @ramzlau Yeah I would never have the urge to get going with a cleanse like this myself without the yoga studio sending me info and telling me how to go about it, haha! They're being pretty "choose your own adventure about it" and it's just kind of like....here's a list of some healthy things you could do, what speaks to you? It's been nice to see that I actually can go without coffee! Next week I think I will try fully no caffeine, yikes! 
    @abarr723 Yay for your new macbook and for you and H getting along and staying healthy! FX that continues! That's amazing that you taught yourself to sew for the masks! What a great thing to do. Are you doing it with a sewing machine? And so exciting that you're almost an RN!
    @bluetickgal That's great about your monitoring appt and good news for H! FX for the IUI!
    @manillabar Yes will post some good recipes in the next couple of weeks! I'm getting the hang of it more and figuring out the stuff I want to try during the three weeks. Glad you'll be able to move ahead with the RE soon!
  • @bluetickgal glad your H can collect his sample at home. DH hates doing samples to being with so I can imagine how stressful it is to be in place that's NOT home. 
    @manillabar welcome back! Love the cute kitty gif. :) Glad you and your H are feeling better!!
    @abarr723 yay for finishing school! So excited for you. You've got this!
    @ramzlau hope you can confirm O soon! 
  • ramzlauramzlau member
    @inthewoods23 It does seem so silly now in retrospective, just wish my Jan-Mar self could know that. 

@emeraldduchess Thanks! I definitely O’d just not sure on timing for HIO, but not that it matters at this point. We shall see, I have basically just decided we are essentially benched until RE office opens, although we are technically trying. Just don’t have a great track record there. 

@whitealbum29 haha funny enough my yoga studio emailed me this week about a cleanse, but they were way more strict and serious and I was like nope not gonna happen. Will try to get something started on my own this next week. 

@manillabar Welcome back! Yay for TSH being up to 1.9 and for RE office reopening! Lots of things to bring back some hope there! 
  • *lurking*

I hope this isn't inappropriate to post this here and completely flame me and call me out on it if it is but today is National Infertility Survival Day so I just wanted to let you ladies know you’re in my thoughts today (as well as the other days) ❤️ 

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-infertility-survival-day-sunday-before-mothers-day/
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers