Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 4.27

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?
Month/Cycle?
WTO/TWW?
Ages of other child(ren)?
Any thoughts about this cycle?
Any questions?
Rant/Rave?
GTKY: Do you have any daily routines for your family (morning routine, become routine, etc.)?
TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: TFAS w/o 4.27

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 5/5

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 23 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? I go back and forth. 

Any questions? None

Rant/Rave? Rave - DS is getting better at playing independently. I can sometimes get the dishwasher loaded and reloaded while he plays by himself. We have done a good job of toddler proofing the house so I generally don't have to worry about him getting into anything. Rant - on the flip side he is getting increasingly more whiny. I feel like it is triggering for me because I was a whiner as a kid and constantly heard "stop whining" as a kid. I try to find better ways to ask him why he is whining and to try to show me or tell me what it is he wants. We just aren't there with communication yet. 

GTKY: Do you have any daily routines for your family (morning routine, become routine, etc.)? SO MANY! Our entire day is routine. I will say his daycare established most of his day time schedule but we stick to that and added our evening/bedtime routine. I think it helps kids to know what to expect and when. And helps me when he asks for things like a snack or to watch a show that I can tell him he can a snack at snack time or watch a show before his nap. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krash_ that's so hard with the whining. I struggle with that with DD too. It's difficult when they can't fully communicate things. Hang in there.

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 11/6

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not really. We're still NTNP at the moment.

Any questions? no

Rant/Rave/Brag: I am seriously amazed by DD every day. I can't get over how quickly they learn new skills and concepts at this age. Honestly, getting to be with her and witness her personality bloom is the best part of this quarantine. Don't get me wrong, she also makes me crazy, especially when she is demanding my attention when all I want to do is drink my coffee while it's hot. But overall I'm enjoying all of my time with DD. Things are good here.

GTKY: Do you have any daily routines for your family (morning routine, become routine, etc.)?
    I keep DD to a pretty regular daily schedule/routine. If I have to deviate, I try to keep everything else as close to normal for her as possible.  
  • Loading the player...
  • We made the decision to send DS back to daycare on Monday. I am both nervous and so overjoyed. I might take the day off to just sleep and rest. He goes to a small in-home day care, there are only 4 other families for a total of about 6 kids and she has implemented a lot of safety and cleaning measures. Parents stay outside as well as leaving the kids coats and shoes in the garage. She takes their temp and washes their hands when they get there and anything that gets put in a mouth get's put in a bin to be sanitized, in addition to all the other daily cleaning and sanitizing she usually does. I am nervous because it is still a risk we are adding back in, although a low risk IMO, but more than that I am concerned the transition back into daycare will be tough. He has been home with us for about 2 months and he is too young to understand why. I know he misses his friends because I show him pictures and videos of them and he just keeps saying "more!" but I have a feeling it will be tough for him to be away from us that long again. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• I just realized I haven't posted here for the week!
    @krash_ It's definitely hard to address whining with a kiddo who doesn't have the communication skills necessary to fully articulate their needs. I hope being able to send YS to daycare helps to give you the break you need to recuperate. It sounds like the daycare is taking lots of necessary preventative measures which is great. I hope the transition back isn't difficult.
    @gingermama29 I really love that quarantine is giving you more time to watch your kiddo's personality flourish. Definitely doing what you can to make the best of the situation.

What number are you trying for? 3
    Month/Cycle? 3/4 unbenched
    WTO/TWW? WTO
    Ages of other child(ren)? 5.5, 1.5
    Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm starting to get closer to the number of cycles it took us to conceive YDS. I think passing that benchmark will be hard for me if we get to it, so I'm trying my best to not think about it.
    Any questions? Not today
    Rant/Rave? I'm kicking ass in grad school, have gotten back into some of my meditative and witchy practices which I'm super excited about, and I ended up dying my hair neon green on Monday. Overall I'm just trying to make the best of a difficult situation and we've been pretty successful. I'm honestly really grateful to be in the position I'm in right now where we haven't had to make huge life changes. MH still works on a freight dock and I'm still going to school full time. Only major difference is that I'm homeschooling ODS now too.
    GTKY: Do you have any daily routines for your family? MH has a crazy irregular work schedule so we can only be -so- routine. ODS usually wakes up on his own and eats the breakfast we set out for him the night before. He plays in his room until his brother wakes up, then I make our breakfast and we start in on our school work. The rest of the day is pretty chaotic until 7:30 when ODS goes to bed and YDS lays down for a nap.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• @krash_ ugh sorry about the whiny phase! My daughter goes through those periods too, usually associated with clinging. Especially now that we're all home more ( I'm working from home a few days a week) it sometimes is a lot to handle. Hopefully it passes soon as he learns to express himself more! Her daycare is thinking of reopening next month with similar measures and my husband and I have been debating whether or not to have her return. It's definitely a tough decision.

@gingermama29 it is pretty crazy how quickly they pick things up, even little things. The other day I asked my daughter if she wanted strawberries, and she said "no thanks. i'm good" and I did a double take because it felt so weird coming from her lol

@ashislurking I hear you! It took me 4 cycles to conceive my daughter and when I got past that mark with this time around it was definitely disappointing. Fingers crossed that this is your month!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 22 (13AL)

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2, almost 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? none really. Trying not to get my hopes up. Excited because my RE is reopening and we can finally move forward next cycle 

Any questions?

Rant/Rave? so glad it's friday!! I came into the office today and there are ants >_<  so I called for the exterminator to come but I'm sure it'll take a few days. Hoping it'll be better next week.

GTKY: Do you have any daily routines for your family (morning routine, become routine, etc.)? We have a pretty solid bedtime routine, which I stick to for sure, especially now that G has been dropping her naps. She gets pretty cranky at bedtime but getting her to nap is nearly impossible most days lately so we may try to make bedtime a little earlier for the sake of everyone's sanity.

TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @manillabar I know you don't want to get your hopes up for this cycle, but I'm still rooting for you HARD! I'm also excited to hear that your RE is reopening for next cycle if this one doesn't take. That's AWESOME news! Hopefully the exterminator gets in to the office soon to take care of the ant problem!
    TTC History- *TW* LC