Pregnant after IF

All Trimester Check-in April 27th

Hi Everyone! 
  • How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What's your go-to guilty pleasure?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling!!

@bluguitarhannah EDD 7/1 (girl)

@caitiemae EDD 1/30 (boy)

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@hanshotfirst77 EDD 6/21 (girl)

@knockupthestock EDD 7/23

@cirrra EDD 8/4

@wildrainbow EDD 8/16 (Boy)

@angelina1919 EDD 7/29

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8

@businesswife EDD 8/21

@31magnolia EDD 9/8 (Gril)

@artemis618 EDD 9/2 (Boy)

@mtpbadger EDD???

@omarismyhomeboy EDD 12/24

@vetgirl2011 EDD???

@stella_700 EDD ???

Re: All Trimester Check-in April 27th

• <ul><li>How far along/EDD? Aug 21 / 23w
    </li><li>How are you feeling this week?  Tired already lol we've been doing some big-ish projects around the house and I guess it's leaving me sore, but good. :)</li><li>Rants/Raves? Questions? DD got her new big girl toddler mattress today!  The rest of the crib / toddler bed and toddler pillow should all be arriving before too long -- my big girl!  :'( </li><li>Any upcoming appointments? Not for a little while.  Next one coming up  is a phone apt with the Ob for VBAC clearance...</li><li>GTKY: What's your go-to guilty pleasure?  Oof, lately it's definitely carbs!  There's still a little Easter chocolate left, and home made cookies. 🤷 I mean it's good for you, right??? Lol</li></ul>
    @stella_700 Yay!!!!  So happy to see you here!  I have been slacking at following the IF boards, so I apologise I'm out of the loop.  Congrats! ❤️
    • How far along/EDD? - June 21st, 32+2
    • How are you feeling this week? 3rd tri is kicking my ass. I am so freaking tired. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? - My son's birthday last week was good. Not what I planned but we had a good day and he was happy so that's all that matters. I still can't believe he is 6 already! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? We were going to skip the 32 wk appt and have a growth scan at 34, but I'm going in today for an impomptu check up cause I was feeling decreased movement last night. She's picked up this morning a bit but it was enough to freak me out and bring back all my PGAL/PGAIF anxiety. So I feel better getting checked out.
    • GTKY: What's your go-to guilty pleasure? - Chocolate. 
    @BusinessWife that's exciting she is moving to a big girl bed! Was that planned so the crib can go to the new baby or were you planning on moving her anyways?

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Loading the player...
  • It was time. @hanshotfirst77 I mean we still loved having her in our room, but bedtime was getting to be such a challenge, and stressful for me because if she were to wake up and want to explore, she could just climb out of our bed (possibly fall) and then have full rein of the upstairs and just not safe.  I'd have to look at my calendar but she's been sleeping on just the mini crib floorbed in her room for three weeks or maybe over a month by now!  But she's such a big girl, she really needed room to stretch out.

It's been great because whenever she wakes up in the morning she doesn't cry, just finds a book or something to play with and entertain herself, and closer to 7 or a little after she generally comes prowling around her gate looking for us in the next room.

So it's really both; now the mini crib sidecar is free for the new baby, and we will have the second crib / toddler bed available to us for whatever we need i.e. potentially moving the second baby over sooner if DD went up to the twin floorbed, or whatever. 🤷 Just options!

I am sorry the movement issue freaked you out last night. (((Hugs))) Glad to hear things seem to be better this morning, and hopefully you will get even more good news at today's appointment. ❤️
    • How far along/EDD? 5 w + 5 days....Dec 24
    • How are you feeling this week?  Honestly not great! I feel hungover and *constantly* mildly nauseated. Has anyone else been sick this early? (Not vomit, just low-level constant nausea)
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? See above, I guess!
    • Any upcoming appointments? My first scan is May 7, so in 9 days.
    • GTKY: What's your go-to guilty pleasure?  Well I am constant just snacking on saltines...but in the non-food category, it's been watching Love Island (UK) with my husband! We are halfway through Season 3, and it is very enjoyable lol
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• @BusinessWife Aww that's great! I remember getting L his big boy bed and he was so happy and proud. It's a nice moment for them. 

@omarismyhomeboy I'm sorry you're feeling so sick. I hope it gets better!

AFM I went to the OB and by then the baby was a lot more active. But they did a NST anyways, and she did great. heartbeat was great and no contractions. But she was still measuring a bit big so OB moved up my growth scan to today. The ultrasound showed a few things, first of all she is still breech. And they estimate her at 5lbs1oz 70th percentile. I know to take these measurements with a grain of salt, but seems odd to me. My son was small to average at over a week late, I'm not big, and neither is the donor. And we know the dates are accurate cause of IVF. I'm waiting for the OB to get the scan back so she can review and let me know what she thinks but before she sent me to the scan she said it might be a growth spurt and will level out. I've also read a lot online about these measurements (fundal and U/S) being notoriously wrong. So idk. I'm starting to wonder if I will end up needing a c-section or early induction because of either her size or her being breech though. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @omarismyhomeboy yup. That was me both this and last pregnancy. Felt hungover all the time, like I had to puke but never actually did. Constant snacking seemed to help and anything sour
    • How far along/EDD? 11w5d 11/12/20
    • How are you feeling this week?  Nausea is pretty much all gone but exhaustion has come back. I think it’s a combo of the weather (where is the sun?!), DD not sleeping well and just being home and working all day
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I can’t wait to finally tell my parents if all goes well on Friday! DH has his bday on Sunday and we are doing a zoom party. Guess I should make a cake sometime this week
    • Any upcoming appointments? Friday with my OB for a scan and bloodwork. Bummed DH can’t be there but it is what it is
    • GTKY: What's your go-to guilty pleasure? Oh boy. Food would be pasta, pizza and ice cream. I could eat them every day and never get sick of them. Non-food is watching crappy reality TV (housewives, anything on bravo really, 90 day fiancé l, etc). It lets me just shut off my brain and veg out
    • How far along/EDD? 21w / Sept. 8
    • How are you feeling this week? Sleep hasn't been going to great, so I'm tired! I had some serious heartburn the other day but last night I stopped eating 2 hours before going to bed and that helped a lot!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave - Lack of sleep combined with having to do a 4 hour software training class every day for the next 8 days! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB appointment next Tuesday
    • GTKY: What's your go-to guilty pleasure? Depends on the day, but it's been carbs or ice cream!
    @mtpbadger and @omarismyhomeboy - I was also the same way. I never vomited but I had really bad nausea! Probably from week 5 - 10 or so, then it just went away. The eating small meals throughout the day definitely helped! 

@hanshotfirst77 - I'm so glad you doctor's appointment went well! As for the baby's growth, maybe she's taking after a grandparent. Genetics is a weird thing! 

@BusinessWife - I really NEED to do projects around the house and keep putting it off. I know that's going to come back and bite me.  :(

• How far along/EDD? 11wks/Nov 17
    • How are you feeling this week?I’m really tired still, but the nausea seems to have passed!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I had my first OB appointment (after being released from my RE) today. I feel so much less stressed after hearing baby’s heartbeat again! Has anyone bought a fetal doppler? Pros/cons?
    • Any upcoming appointments? May 27th is my next OB appointment 
    • GTKY: What's your go-to guilty pleasure? Ice cream. 
    @omarismyhomeboy Sorry about the nausea! I had constant nausea, but no actual vomiting, from week 5 until week 10. Ginger candy and ginger ale helped me. 
    • How far along/EDD? 25+3/Aug 4
    • How are you feeling this week? Ok. Out of shape but ok. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? The baby is measuring a week ahead. I’ve been eating like a competitive champion but haven’t moved around much. Maybe I need to cut back on food and exercise more? The weight gain has been modest however. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB and fetal echo the week of May 18th
    • GTKY: What's your go-to guilty pleasure? Oh carbs. I have to eat it in small doses due to GD but oh I love carbs. For non-food guilty pleasure, people.com crime section. I don’t know. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • @vetgirl2011, I really thought about getting a doppler, but instead I went to a local private ultrasound service a couple of times, but only because I had a hard time getting my RE to send my records to my OB so my first appointment was delayed.  The other thing that made me a little nervous was not finding the HB, so at the end decided not to get it.

• How far along/EDD? 27w / Jul 29th
    • How are you feeling this week? Started to feel more uncomfortable during the night, waking up several times to change positions, but other than that feeling good.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? We ordered the crib and we should get in a couple of weeks….so excited about getting started with the nursery.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next week MFM for US and OB with glucose test.
    • GTKY: What's your go-to guilty pleasure? Cheese, chocolate, carbs and lately ice cream, which helps with the heartburn.

• How far along/EDD? 5 weeks, DD 12/31
    • How are you feeling this week? Mostly kind of in shock still, and super nervous. I can't believe ttc since Jan 2018 is OVER. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? 
      Rave - HCG numbers look good on my 48 hour. 
      Question! I guess I thought once I got pregnant I was done with the RE, but it seems they follow you for 8 weeks? Including blood work and an US? 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Ultrasound with the RE on 05/19
    • GTKY: What's your go-to guilty pleasure? Bath bombs. I really like "life around 2 angels" 

So many familiar faces! <3 
      Hi everyone!

• Tried to edit to add - Formerly known as "whatsbumpinpumpkin" - I think some of you left before I made the change. 

• @the_road_to_oz - Congrats! I had a surprise pregnancy between IVF treatments and my RE still wanted to stay with me until 9 weeks. I liked it, because I constantly was able to get ultrasounds. :)  It was hard to switch to the OB and not have regular ultrasounds. 

@angelina1919 - How much do you have to do to the nursery? We're going to convert one of the regular bedrooms to a nursery but I want to remove the texture from the walls and add new baseboards and all that. Now I don't know if I'll be able to get it all done, since we'll have to do it ourselves due to covid. 

@cashewchicken - I feel you on the working out and eating. I keep wondering if I workout will I feel better. My body just doesn't feel like my own. I already have trouble bending down and getting up. Lol. I have all these pregnancy workouts and apps and I don't feel motivated to do any of them. Walking is even hard because it's allergy season and so easily will get a headache if I stay outside too long. 

@vetgirl2011 - I keep going back on the doppler too. Part of me thinks it will calm my nerves, but then I think I'll get freaked out if I'm not able to find it. I've been going back on purchasing one for the last 12 weeks! I think I'm finally able to feel the baby move (just started yesterday), so now I'm wondering if I should just not buy one at all. I do know I did really wish I had one during those long stretches between OB appointments. 

• @the_road_to_oz Congrats! My RE kept me until about 10 weeks. Started seeing the OB at 11 weeks. I appreciated The frequent appts and ultrasounds cause PGAL brain is so hard. That’s great your betas have been good!

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @vetgirl2011Ive gone back and forth about the Doppler but decided I’d be too stressed if I wasn’t able to find the heartbeat on my own. 

@the_road_to_oz welcome! Yup, since most OBs won’t see patients till closer to 10 weeks at the earliest I think almost all REs keep monitoring you. REs have MUCH more sophisticated equipment and can see more so much earlier on USs. It was really reassuring and I think I had US almost every two weeks through my first 16 weeks with my first pregnancy. With this one and Covid, it’s been 6 weeks and I’m dying!
    • How far along/EDD? 6ish weeks, find out more tomorrow at first ultrasound 
    • How are you feeling this week? My digestive system hates me.
    • Rants/Raves? Rant- I know many women deal with constipation while pregnant, my system is on the other end of that spectrum. No fun at all and getting super old. I just want to have a normal bowel movement. Ugh. Rave- my 2.5 twins are getting over eye/ear infections, I gotta say trying to work from home with those two at home sick was a lot. There isn’t a big enough smiley emoticon for the feeling of dropping them off at their in home caregivers house this morning.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Tomorrow afternoon, anxiety is pretty high today, there have been tears.
    • GTKY: What's your go-to guilty pleasure? Using the twins nap time to play video games with the hubby when we should be doing a bazillion other things.
    I’ll be back for tags after the twins are in bed.
  • @stella_700 Hubs got me animal crossing for mother's day. Its definitely a guilty pleasure. 
    @hanshotfirst77 @mtpbadger @31magnolia Thanks for the reassurance! I am kinda complicated, so I am glad for the extra monitoring, but I was worrying a little like "is there something wrong?!" My MFM wanted one at 6,10, and 12 anyway, so this works out. My OB didn't have until June 1st. I'm going to call the MFM and see if  7 and 11 is "good enough" 
    @angelina1919 Jul 29 is my birthday! I always loved having a summer birthday! 
    @cashewchicken I have an august baby! It was so so hot the year he was born.
    @mtpbadger My three year old told my parents like .. two days after we found out. Lol. 
    @BusinessWife My MFM wants me to do a VBAC if possible. I don't know how I feel about it. Months to decide I guess!
    @hanshotfirst77 I got SO big in my third tri with my son - Its so exhausting to move around.  I'm sorry for the scare, always better to check!
    @omarismyhomeboy I felt like that all last week, and progressed to vomiting yesterday. DH wanted to call the DR about "how terrible I felt." Normal dude. Yes. It sucks. But it's normal. Lol. 

• Congrats again and welcome! @the_road_to_oz it sounds like you have a lot going on!  I think the chances of successful vbac depend quite a bit on the reason for the original section.  My official diagnosis was fat mommy, big baby 😡 but that's another story.  Not what I planned for, but not overly traumatic either. 🤷 So, hopefully it will all go smoother this time and I can have a completely different experience!  What are your thoughts on it as of now?

@cashewchicken @31magnolia movement / exercise has been a real challenge for me, too.  And the carbs lol 1. A lot of stuff is kind of a drag right now 2. Pantry food!!!  :s so I mean. I got a silly song stuck in my head this evening and managed a little 5 min or so goofy dance session.  Better than I've been doing, and it actually felt good!
  • @BusinessWife Exercise is so hard right now, but I am going to stick with it. I hope. I was on bed rest at the end of my son's pregnancy, and I had trouble rolling over in bed, lol. 
    TW - reason for C section
    The heart condition the doctors found when they were testing for lupus is probably what triggered it, and since we are monitoring it, treating it - hell, KNOW about it, we could probably avoid a repeat. It was pretty awful, so I am wondering if just a normal C section where we have control over the situation might be less so. But. C section recovery was AWFUL. Some of that was the way it was done...
    I actually made it all the way to my son crowning, then I had what they thought was a seizure. My vitals plummeted, I had a very dramatic run through the hospital with everyone yelling, and he was out in 90 seconds - they basically just ripped him out to save my life. It took them two hours to get me stable, and I didn't meet my son until the next day. 

• @31magnolia – We are also converting the guest room into the nursery and then my office into office/guest room.  We bought this house last year, so no major changes, even the wall color is good.  We will just add the furniture.  The bedding set comes with a set of decals and I also ordered a wooden monogram with his name….and that is it!  We still have a couple of projects for the house that I would like to have complete before the baby arrives, and for the same reason its going to be us doing it all.

@the_road_to_oz – Glad to know you enjoyed your birthday summer.  We live in FL so a summer celebration sounds fun!  And every RE is different, mine only saw me until she found a HB at 6wish then I graduated to my OB.

@stella_700 – What worked for me initially, until the constipation got really bad during the 1st tri, was prunes.  I started with 1 and ended up with 4, but it really worked for a few weeks, but then my body decided prunes were not effective and I took Colace a couple of times.  Once I stopped the medication at 12w the constipation was almost gone, just a couple of episodes.  Sorry about the anxiety, I think we all have been through that the first weeks….you got this! I started meditating, just 5 – 10 minutes per day and it helped.  There are a lot of short guided meditation videos on youtube.

• @angelina1919  - Ugh! I bought our house 5.5 years ago and it was 35 years old then! But I just fell in love with it and had a vision for it when I bought it. Unfortunately, it also comes with issues. Like yesterday, the AC was leaking, the pipes are old and need to be completely replaced and I already had to repair one last December. We just need to figure out how much we're willing to put into the house, which depends on how long we're going to stay here. Long story short, when it was just me i was thinking I would be here forever. Now that I'm with my fiance and we're expecting...I don't know. 

@the_road_to_oz - OMG! I just read your spoiler. I'm glad everything turned out OK. That sounds very traumatic!

@BusinessWife - The 5 minute dancing definitely counts! lol

@stella_700 - Good luck today. I'll be thinking about you. Have you already tried adding more fiber?

I think I felt the baby finally kick yesterday and the day before. Those that I already past that stage or know from previous pregnancies, what did the first baby movements feel like to you? I keep reading butterflies, but that means nothing to me. I finally read someone said popcorn kernels popping and I could relate more to that one. 

• @31magnolia I would totally describe it like popcorn popping. Almost like little gas bubbles popping. That’s SO exciting!! 
  • @31magnolia - I think it is best to just put the numbers on a paper and decide if this is the right house for your growing family or if it makes sense to just put that same money on the new house.  That was one of the reasons we decided to move last year.  
    And yes, popcorn popping is a good way to describe it....enjoy!!!!
  • @31magnolia yes, for me the light ones are like popcorn popping, or bubbles bursting. Another one that sounds weird but is sort of accurate for me, especially as baby gets bigger, is like a fish flopping! Lol  :D
  • OK good! Popcorn popping or bubbles popping is exactly what I felt. Yay! I'm so happy. Thanks all. 
  • Well my appointment was indecisive. The sac is where it’s suppose to be, but nothing to measure. Either I ovulated weeks later than I thought I did or this pregnancy isn’t viable. Still for testing positive on April 12th I thought I should’ve seen more than I did. I’ll go back next week for follow up ultrasound.
  • Oh dear. I'm so sorry.  I hope you get better news next week. @stella_700
  • @stella_700 I’m sorry you didn’t get better/more conclusive news today. The wait and see is one of the worst limbos to be in. Hoping for better news for you next week
  • @stella_700 - I'm sorry. Sending positive thoughts your way for better news next week. 

• @stella_700 I'm so sorry, being in limbo is the worst. Praying for better news for you at your next scan.

@31magnolia I would describe it as little popping or bubbly feelings. For me it was really hard to tell, even the second time around. It's always been easier for me to tell for sure when it is real kicking and flipping. It's such a great milestone though, so happy for you!

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @31magnolia it tickled. It felt like a bug crawling around until he got bigger. He was so active when he got bigger you could see my whole belly jumping around.