Working Moms

Partner won't help with baby

I'm 32 years old, I'm a nurse, I've been working full time since my daughter was 2ish months old and my partner refuses to help me with her. She's now 6.5 months old and I'm still the only one who does anything for her. He won't wake up to feed her or change her until it's well after 11am. He does not work and has not worked a single day since she was almost 2 months old and even when he was working he didn't start work until after 3pm (until 8pm). I on the other hand M working two jobs, Monday-Friday 7am - 5pm and evenings 7pm- 12am (midnight) Wednesday- Friday and weekends from 4pm-10am the following day.  (I'm a nurse at a hospital and for a private firm).

My issue is my daughter's father refuses to help me. He'd rather say up until 3am getting messed up with a friend or messing around on Instagram all night than take care of our daughter. 

I've talked to him before about it and he still makes ZERO effort to help out. Its gotten so bad that I've ended up in the hospital for over a week due to physical exhaustion and a mental breakdown from lack of sleep . 

Do I just leave him and never come back?
 I'm a single parent already.  He doesn't even watch her during the day.  She is in daycare that I pay for. HELP ME.

Re: Partner won't help with baby

• rtharp2rtharp2 member
    I'm sorry that you are going through this. Like you said, you are already a single mom and it sounds like you are doing a kick ass job. I think you know you deserve better. You have enough to worry about without all the added stress he brings to the table.