Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 4/30

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Thursday 4/30

• It's so crazy to think that tomorrow:

Month/Cycle: 11/6

CD: 37

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, temping, currently NTNP

R/R: DH and I had a discussion last night and have decided to go back to actively trying next cycle! No more NTNP after this cycle. I just ordered more OPKs! Switching to easy@home instead of wondfos though. I'd been doing well with weight loss for the beginning of quarantine but have slacked the last couple weeks so I'm going to refocus my efforts in that department as well.

CS/Q: no sign of O anywhere. 
  • @gingermama29 Yay for going back to actively trying (although hopefully this will be your cycle and you won't even have to!)  It is totally crazy that it is going to be May. 

Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: Temping, monitoring CM, Ava, OPKs, PNVs + C and B6, HIO ED during FW with preseed, progesterone after O

R/R: This brief I am writing is really killing me, I am sure y'all are bored of hearing about it but luckily I have to turn it in sometime today/tonight so then it will be done at least! That's pretty much all that's going on in my life right now sadly so I don't know what else to post about. The Masked Singer was good last night and I actually guessed the person so that was a moment of quarantine excitement lol.

CS/Q: No sign of O and my temps are crazy low, like what is going on here - see orange versus my prior cycles. Is this a sign this is going to be an an-o cycle? I think I have had some EW CM the last few days but we have been HIO a lot so could be that instead? OPKs still super negative which has never been the case by CD16. I am so confused. I do not need my *follicular* phase to be longer, lol.

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Loading the player...
  • @gingermama29 April flew by!! Yay for active trying!

@legallykate with quarantine it seems like all of us have only 1 thing going on in our lives. Yay for finally being done with the brief! Is it cooler in your room than previous months? Could explain the lower temperatures.

Month/Cycle: oh god we're almost at 35

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: HIO with Conceive Plus, PNV and other supplements, DH on a multivitamin and CoQ10, temping, and OPKs (every day once I start!)

R/R: I guess FF was correct about O date over Flo. 13 day LP. AF showed up in the afternoon. Usually I cramp pretty hard on days 1 and 2 but that hasn't been the case recently. They aren't as intense don't make me feel so crappy. Plus it's not so heavy. But in other news, I need to call my vet for m cat'a yearly check up.

CS/Q: nothing exciting to see yet
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Month/Cycle: 11/10/4 al

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: BBT, clearblue advanced OPK, cheapies, maca, baby aspirin, (coq10, alpha lipoic acid) -from it starts with the egg. 

R/R: not a whole lot going of excitement going on for me. Monday and Tuesday my cheapie opks we’re starting to get dark, (never positive though) but the clearblue was low, and now the clearblue has had a flashing smiley for the past three days, but my cheapies have gotten light again. I’m not out of my normal range for O yet, but it’s odd. I work this weekend, so I am going to clean my house up good today, so it isn’t a mess when Saturday afternoon rolls around! DH never cleans it up to my standards.. 🙃 

CS/Q: 

@gingermama29 glad you guys are at a point now that you are ready to actively try again!! 💕 gl with the weight loss motivation! 

@legallykate glad your brief is almost done! I hope you get clarity soon! I have od as late as cd 20, and I’m pretty regular. So hopefully yours is just a fluke! 

@inthewoods23 it always seems like FF always predicts better than the other apps imo. I use Premom too and its always wrong. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• @gingermama29 Definitely exciting to have an end date in sight for ntnp! Fingers crossed so hard for you!
    @legallykate Hopefully finishing your brief goes by smoothly!
    @inthewoods23 So sorry about AF! I am glad you're not as crampy and physically don't feel as crappy. Silver linings? Sending you lots of love!
    @photographerwife My cheapie OPKs usually get darker, then really light (almost white), then I get a positive with my surge. It might seem a bit odd and counterintuitive, but that's how they always are for me. Maybe that's the case for you this cycle?

Month/Cycle: 3/4 (unbenched) 
    CD: 7
    WAYDTGKU: prenatals + B6, BBT charting, CM tracking 
    R/R: Last night was a very late night. Between homework that I got turned in at midnight and my stomach being really weird about food, I didn't get to bed until 4, got woken up by the neighbors at 6:30 because they're moving, and got woken up again at 9. I'm so exhausted and I told MH that I'm probably going to have to go back on a vegetarian or vegan diet for a bit because of how my stomach is reacting to meat. I'm not thrilled about it. My knee also got way worse last night and I almost had to have MH carry me to bed. I'm going back to sleep. This is not how I want to end April. 
    CS/Q: Nope
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @photographerwife I think most of the time they predict the same day or consecutive days if the data isn't great. The first cycle I tracked BBT they were like 3 days apart in their prediction. Flo's prediction gave me a 12 day LP but FF only gave me a 9 day LP and my LP does not fluctuate beyond 12 or 13 days so I felt FF was wrong. I think more often than not when they don't agree on an O date, Flo has had the right prediction.

@ashaislurking I thought more about it this morning and I'm like... Maybe my self-pleasure activities lately are keeping my cramps to minimal levels? I think they say orgasms help with period cramps. It's the only way I can do that, DH would never HIO while I'm on my period. Hope May starts off better for you than how April is ending! Sounds like you should nap the day away since you're so exhausted!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @legallykate glad the brief will be done tonight! I'm sure that's going to be a major stress relief for you! Sorry for the frustrating cycle.

@inthewoods23 sorry for AF. Glad cramping isn't so bad though.

@photographerwife sorry your OPKs are being weird. Happy cleaning!

@ashaislurking sorry for a rough night and the dietary issues. Hopefully May starts better than April is ending.

@linzrunz haha actually this cycle is pretty much my norm. I have PCOS and crazy long cycles. They range from 39-65 days usually, but my last cycle was 100 days long so it's hard to say. Definitely makes TTC extra challenging though. Haha I like your way of spicing up yoga. Glad you and YH had some fun.  
  • Month/Cycle: 24/18/8 (AL#2) 

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: PNV, Letrozole, IUI, tracking in FF, Conceive+, and Progesterone after O.

R/R: Happy Thursday everyone!! I had my monitoring appointment this morning and all went well! My follies are still growing (biggest were at 11 & 10) and my lining is good at 8.6. I’m supposed to trigger on Sunday and the IUI will be on Tuesday! I’m excited...not trying to put too much pressure on this working (especially just being the first one), but I’m happy to be doing something different and hopefully increase our odds a bit! 

CS/Q: None.

@gingermama29 so crazy that tomorrow is May!! Yay for starting to try again!! Still hope this cycle is it, but that’s great you have a plan! 

@legallykate hope you can get your brief done quickly and say good riddance to it!! Sorry O still hasn’t happened...hopefully it’s right around the corner! 

@inthewoods23 no offense, but I was really hoping I wouldn’t see you back over here! Nice of AF to switch things up and keep you on your toes! Hope you can get your kitty in quickly! 

@photographerwife sorry your OPK’s aren’t making a ton of sense right now...hopefully you get a blazing positive soon! 

@ashaislurking sorry for the lack of sleep and the stomach issues! Hopefully you have a nice long nap and feel refreshed! 

@linzrunz sorry O still hasn’t happened for you either! Yay for naked yoga though...that sounds like a great way to switch things up!! 

• @linzrunz I've asked DH to do yoga with me but he always refuses! He's not flexible... But that's half the reason I do yoga! To maintain being flexible! *Sigh* men

@bluetickgal I was certainly hoping to be a unicorn! But it confirms our timing was crappy since the first BD we got in was on O day. Boo. An early January baby isn't an ideal time to be a new parent for us so I'm totally okay with it. February or later is easier with our schedules. Crossing fingers for your IUI!! Keep the Exodus going!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Month/Cycle: 12/9

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Prenatal, BBT, OPK, preseed but didn't follow the rules about waiting it out

R/R: It so darn windy today that my patio furniture is all over the place.  Expecting some major storm later.  Hoping that our sunroom doesn't leak again.  Just waiting on some new roofing quotes so we know where our stimulus is going unfortunately.  Looking forward to a zoom later with friends.  I've graduated to member here so maybe things will work better.

CS/Q: Nothing really yet, just entered fertile time.  That being said, we are not a very active couple.  I'm hoping to DTD Saturday and then after my monitoring appointment Sunday the doc says says Sunday, Monday too although O isn't predicted till Tuesday.  Then at least I can say Drs orders :)  He wanted to do timed intercourse this cycle to see how that goes and then I don't know what is next.

@gingermama29 congrats on your weightloss!  Hope the new kit will bring on O
    @legallykate congrats on finishing your brief.  Maybe you will have a quick surge tonight or tomorrow.
    @inthewoods23 sorry you are back here and blue glad its not as intense
    @photographerwife that's like when MH loads the dishwasher.  I always correct it lol
    @ashaislurking hopefully you got some rest and your knee is feeling better with it
    @linzrunz wow what a wonderful workout/workouts haha 
    @bluetickgal yay for what is to come the rest of this week and next!  

• @gingermama29 thats great that you guys are going to actively try.  hoping its quick for you! and congrats on the weight loss!
    @inthewoods23 sorry to see you here too, i was rooting for you
    @legallykate can totally relate to not having much going on, but glad for you that you have the work to keep you busy.  separately, i see you're still using the Ava bracelet.  am i remembering correctly that you weren't super fond of it?
    @photographerwife at least YH tries?  i swear a tornado is in DH's wake whenever he goes from room to room/  i've given up on even asking him to tidy his things better lol.  hopefully he can at least maintain the clean for you over the weekend
    @ashaislurking hoping that with May 1st tomorrow, its a bright fresh start and that you feel better!  my sister was a vegetarian for 8 years and now slowly incorporates fish and poultry.  she doesn't have interest in red meat but still cites some minor discomfort with poultry sometimes.
    @linzrunz love the naked yoga idea!! ill take any suggestions for getting DH to HIO more!
    @bluetickgal i love your optimism and hope for you this is the first and last time you need to do it!
    @baker_324 DH and I are not very active either because we don't really HIO for the whole rest of the month beyond FW. (not my doing but hard to toss around blame for someone not feeling up to it, albeit all the time).  glad he is open to timing it with you though.  i just hate it never feels organic when i lay out our sex for the week. 

wow that's a lot of tags, WTO is hopping this week! 
    Month/Cycle: 5/4 (since our loss)
    CD: 2
    WAYDTGKU: prenatals, temping, OPKs
    R/R: so I had a really rough day yesterday.  i was symptom spotting like crazy over past few days and woke up feeling WAY TOO optimistic about testing. left the bathroom with a BFN and a visit from AF all in one.  i've kinda just kept to myself for the past two days, wallowing in it.  been lurking here though and will try to get back into this tomorrow once i'm done with the self pity and loathing. i know you ladies all relate, and i hate that it got to me so much this cycle.
    CS/Q: nothing yet to see for this month, though so far i'm 2 for 2 in temping on time!
    **TW in spoiler, loss mentioned
    this is now the second month in a row that AF came a few days earlier than expected (also the first two months that i've used OPKs). of course i went down the google-rabbit hole feeling like i want to talk to my doctor about it ASAP.  if i have a LP defect, it's something i want to try to correct ASAP so i don't make myself so anxious.  I was reading it not only makes conceiving harder but also can cause early MC.  is it wrong for me to be connecting dots between my loss in december and now seeing this two month trend in my cycle?

• @asf0613 on the bright side.... cycle day buddies!! What has your LP length been these last 2 months? It's definitely worth talking to your OB about it now so it can be corrected if needed vs going through months of BFNs and potential losses.

@baker_324 same, we're generally only during FW people too. We had some pretty strong winds today too. Where are you from? Did you post in one of the newbie threads? I don't recall. I know my memory can be bad haha
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @linzrunz naked yoga sounds fun!
    @bluetickgal so excited for your first IUI! I have my fingers crossed so hard for you!
    @baker_324 Hopefully the storm today isn't too bad!
    @asf0613 So sorry to see you back over here! Definitely take whatever time you need to come back in fully. I also recommend talking to an ObGyn if you have concerns about your LP. 

I definitely took a nap this morning, then spent most of my afternoon sitting by my window meditating. My internet is down and has been all afternoon. So far no solution in sight.
    I'm super used to switching diets back and forth - I had my gallbladder taken out my freshman year of high school and ever since then I've had problems with animal products. I just like them too much to cut them out entirely, so I rotate my diet as needed. My knee problems have also been a thing since I had knee surgery 7.5 years ago (volleyball injury). I've been in PT off and on ever since. The timing of all these things happening at once was just super fun. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @inthewoods23 13 and 11 respectively.  i know not as short as it could be but i'm going to bring it up to my OBGYN because i'd also hate to leave it unchecked and suffer down the road again.  we shall see.  but in the meantime, cycle buddies!!

@ashaislurking definitely challenging to deal with all at once.  really hope you find some relief! 
  • @asf0613 I think the typical LP is at least 12 days so I would definitely be a little concerned about the 11 day LP. And I know they say LP is generally constant and shouldn't fluctuate so for yours to be 2 days different in consecutive cycles is strange. Hope you talk to your OB soon about it!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Sorry you are back over here :(  but lesser cramps is always a positive.

@photographerwife I had a random early LH surge this month too, I think it’s not uncommon, weird that your monitor and sticks are in disagreement though, hopefully all will be positive soon!

@ashaislurking Sorry about the stomach and knee woes, hopefully you can get a ton of sleep tonight to catch up!

@linzrunz Boo for late O and not hearing back from your doc yet. Love the sexy yoga!

@bluetickgal Yay for a good appointment and the upcoming trigger!

@baker_324 FX for no leak, that sounds stressful. Lol @ doctor-ordered HIO.

@asf0613 Sorry to see you over here too :( I totally get the wallowing. I think 11 and 13 are not too short for LPs, but I am kicking myself for not talking to my doc about my short LP sooner so I say do it! I do not really see much benefit to the Ava bracelet, but I suspect maybe it gets better after it gets to know your cycles? Hoping it doesn’t have time to do that though, ha.

@ashaislurking Your day sounds awesome, I am hoping to have a more chill day tomorrow.

I randomly went from stark negative OPK this morning to peak this afternoon and evening so looks like it will be tomorrow or (more likely) Saturday so not too late after all. And MY BRIEF IS DONE YAYYYY!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• asf0613asf0613 member
    @legallykate that's exactly what i was thinking.  not terribly short but i'll be kicking myself if i don't address it.  and hopefully Ava doesnt have the chance to get to know you too well!