Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 4.28

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 4.28

• Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: Temping, monitoring CM, Ava, OPKs, PNVs + C and B6, HIO ED during FW with preseed

R/R: Yesterday turned out to be a crazy but productive work day, hopefully today will be less busy but still productivr! I also have a telemed appointment with my OB this afternoon to discuss my short LP so looking forward to seeing what she says although I am really hesitant to go in for any testing right now if that is the only route. 

CS/Q: For those of you on progesterone, did you have to have blood work done in advance? Or did you have to get it from an RE? Is there any chance my OB will prescribe it right now with no labs or anything?

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate hope today is less busy and your dr. appointment goes well! 

Month/Cycle: 7/11

CD: 19 

WAYDTGKU: HIO, PNV, OPK, temping, CM, 

R/R: positive OPK today going to stay over here until I get cross hairs. Rainy day today which is nice. Idk not much here lol over the rando posters though not gonna lie. 

CS/Q

April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Loading the player...
  • edited April 2020
    Month/Cycle: 11/10/3 on the bench. 

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: BBT, clearblue advanced OPK, cheapie opks, maca, baby asprin, coq10, alpha lipoic acid. The last 2 are from it starts with the egg. 

R/R: Sorry to bump and run yesterday guys! I had a ton of calls to make, and things to do around the house so time slipped away from me! I am sending all of the workout motivation! And I spoke with the jeweler yesterday about my rings and they said it could be done easily, so that is a relief. Still not showing high fertility on the clearblue test, but my cheapies are getting semi dark. I’m interested to see how that progresses, if they show the same.  Hopefully I still have time, because I fell asleep waiting for DH to get out of the shower last night to HIO. 😂 Also, one of the exercises I did yesterday made my butt cheeks hurt. Expecting a peach any day now. 😂 🍑 

CS/Q: 

@legallykate glad you had a productive day yesterday, even if it was a lot! I hope your appt goes well today, and that you can get some answers! 

• @legallykate yesterday my OB talked about prescribing me progesterone, so I don’t think you necessarily will have to get labs done! Good luck with your appointment!

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: NTNP this cycle

R/R: so I basically fell off the face of the earth since late last week, I missed you all! Needed some time to process some feelings...***TW loss mentioned

So I ended up with another CP over the weekend. Totally sucks. So now it’s two CP two cycles in a row. I went to the doctor yesterday to go over how I’m concerned, considering the nurse who called me to go over my bloodwork did not have the best bedside manner. She basically told me that this doesn’t count as a loss. But my doctor was great and made me feel a lot better, we talked about me taking progesterone if we decide to try again this cycle to see if that helps. DH really wants to try again right away, but idk if I have it in me to potentially have another loss 3 months in a row. I think I may have talked him into being okay with NTNP. I’m not sure how active I’ll be in the dailies this cycle, but I’ll be lurking and rooting for you all even if I’m not posting every day!!

CS/Q: 
  • @legallykate I was on progestrone when we were trying before and my OB prescribed it.  I had blood work done prior to being prescribed it, but that was more to see if I was actually ovulating.  I think there's a chance she would prescribe it without blood work, especially if you're tracking and confirming O, but I'm not 100% sure on that.  I hope your appointment goes well today!

@stillcozy Yay for a positive OPK!  Hope you get CH soon!

@photographerwife I'm glad the jewelers can do what you want to do with your ring.  That's exciting!  

@runningoncookies Oh friend I'm so sorry for your loss.  We are here for you and support you with whatever you feel you need to do.  You're always welcome here.  Hang in there.

Month/Cycle: 4/4 after 3 years during round 1

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: accidentally had sex last night, peeing on things

R/R: H's appointment yesterday went well.  He's getting an ultrasound this morning and has to schedule an echo I think?  They're also sending him home with some type of monitor to monitor his heart for 24 hours.  She didn't take him off work and didn't really say no sex, so we maybe tried it last night because it had been a week and I didn't kill him!  haha

Also update to my TMI from last week I think.... I had blood work done and my prolactin is high.  I emailed my doctor to see what we can do about it because from what I'm reading high prolactin can decrease your chances of conceiving since it can mess with ovulation.  I'm already down a tube and on a time crunch (we're only trying until the end of the year before I schedule a hysterectomy for medical reasons), so I can't afford to have much else go wrong.  Ugh.

CS/Q: nope - still not even a close positive OPK, so I have a feeling given the high prolactin, I'll be over here in WTO for a while...

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @stillcozy Hope we will both be over in TWW soon! I am over the randos too.

@photographerwife Great news about your rings, and awesome job with the literal pain in the ass workouts ;)

@runningoncookies I am really really bummed to see you here and to read that update. That nurse sounds like a real piece of work.  :(  Take whatever time and do whatever you need to this cycle, we are all here for you in whatever capacity you need us.

@linzrunz That is so interesting (albeit frustrating) about your prolactin, I do wonder if that might be my issue as well (since I had that same weird symptom as you) so maybe I should just suck it up and get blood drawn. I don’t think I have been having any ovulation issues though, just the short LP, but I am going to mention it to my doc. Thanks for sharing. Also yay to not BD’ing your H to death  :D

*TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• lurking

@runningoncookies i am SO sorry to hear about your loss.  we are all thinking of you.  that nurse's (lack of) bedside manner makes me so angry, especially given your history.  you deserve to be as active in posting on TB and physically TTGP as feels safe and comfortable :heart:
  • Update: My OB did prescribe progesterone so looks like I will be starting that after O. Trying not to be overly hopeful still tho. 
    *TTC History*

• @runningoncookies I’m so sorry:( I don’t blame you for wanting to NTNP for a little while, after my loss I was force benched, but it did help my mental health. 

@linzrunz dying at the accidental sex. But fr, I’m glad your husbands heart thing hasn’t become more serious yet, and I hope it doesn’t. Heart stuff is scary. And I hope you figure something out with the prolactin issue! 
  • @legallykate YAY for productive work days! I hope your telemed appointment goes well today!
    @stillcozy I love rainy days. The Peggys are getting on my nerves. I just want them to go away. 😂😂 
    @photographerwife get that 🍑🍑! I HATED glute and core day but I LOVED leg day. Hopefully you get some good HIO in soon! 
    @runningoncookies I'm so sorry to see you here and I'm sending you SO MUCH love! I encourage you to take as much time as you need before ATTC again. Take breaks as you need, check in when you feel up to it. We're here for you! 
    @linzrunz I hope YH's ultrasound went well! I really hope you and your medical team can find something that works well for you and you can get pregnant before the end of the year! 

Month/Cycle: 3/4
    CD: 5
    WAYDTGKU: prenatals+B6, BBT charting, CM tracking 
    R/R: I'm starting to get my poi out more this week. The weather is gorgeous and I need to start moving more! I also dyed my hair neon green and it's SO PRETTY! I'm spending most of my day today doing school work. I have a three hour video to watch for my developmental class. Not looking forward to that one. 
    CS/Q: not today
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• **lurking**

@runningoncookies Oh friend I'm so sorry about another loss. Sending you lots of hugs 💕
  • @runningoncookies I'm so sorry. That nurse needs to go to sensitivity training, it is absolutely 100% a loss. I'm so glad your doctor listened to you and presented some options for you. Sending you healing vibes ♥️
  • @runningoncookies I’m so sorry for your loss!! Sending all the hugs your way! 💜 Take all the time you need! And I’m so sorry that nurse was so insensitive...it was a loss and you should take the time to grieve in whatever way you need! 

@linzrunz so glad YH’s appointment went well! I hope all the other tests come back normal and it was a total fluke!

• @runningoncookies I am so incredibly sorry for your loss 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @runningoncookies I’m so sorry for your loss and that the nurse was a jerk. I’m glad your doctor handled it better. Whatever you decide to do about trying this month will be the right decision!