Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe?

Re: Week 2 (12/8-12/14) Check-In 4/26/2020

• sejicasejica member
    edited April 2020
    Thanks @rookiealert for getting these up and going, and being so flexible since it's different than your last go round. I confess, it makes me smile because I think the shift occurred in my M19 group, so it's funny to see that what we started stuck!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/12 (for now) / 7+1

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+ DD is nearly 3 (J17) and DS just turned 1 (M19)

Team Green/Pink/Blue: I want to find out, DH wants to be surprised (but is fine with me knowing? He's weird.)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: blueberry maybe?

Upcoming appointments: 5/4 and then 6/4?

How are you feeling?:Exhausted. Unsure if that's due to pg, or chasing 2 small children around on no sleep. Maybe both.

Rants/Raves: so many. Rant: DH is supposed to do bedtime, and the goal was for him to do both kiddos, but I'm still bf-ing DS, so we've defaulted to each taking a kiddo and we had a spat last night about when he's taking over full bedtime duties. Rave: I'm thrilled to be pregnant for now, even if I feel a little silly for confusing what must have been implantation bleeding with a period. I was so disappointed when march wasn't the one since we had good timing, but lol, turns out it was.

Questions: anyone else have terrible acne?

GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe? I have 2: 1, my mom's meatloaf. She always put cubes of Velveeta in it, and I remember mixing the meat by hand as a kid - one of the first things I remember helping with. 2, my late MIL served crescent roll lasagna the first time I ate with them. It was terrible, but the memory is a favorite. I do make her devilled eggs all the time, so she was a great cook, but that first time was terrible.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited April 2020
    If I went by my last period, I would be in Week 1. But I ovulated late and my recent US confirms I'm later, so I'll put myself in this group.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  December 11th /  about 7 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+:  First timer but I'll be 38 when baby is born

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Green, I want to be surprised.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Blueberry

Upcoming appointments:  I had an ultrasound Friday because I was worried about a little spotting.  Everything is good!  Normal heartbeat and no more spotting. My first official prenatal appointment is May 12th. 

How are you feeling?:  I'm feeling tired.  I'm teaching online now and it's more mentally exhausting than teaching in person. I'm not getting all the movement I usually get, my butt is in a chair and my eyes are glued to the screen. On the weekends, I've been getting my garden ready and it's a lot of physical work to pull out the grass sod and mix in the compost. I'm determined to have a killer garden this year!

Rants/Raves: I've just discovered Hamilton and I'm obsessed.  I've listened to the full soundtrack several times and I've watched a bunch of interviews with Lin-Manuel Miranda.  Now I'm listening to the audiobook of the making of the musical. Surprise, it's narrated by Mariska Hargitay (Law & Order SVU). I'm looking forward to the day I can see the live performance!

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe?  It's funny, I never use recipes.  I'll read a recipe for inspiration and then I do my own thing.  I don't measure anything. My mom is the same, so I get it from her.  My husband thinks it's so weird because his mom won't make anything unless she knows exactly how many tablespoons of this or that to add. I recently made Shepard's Pie for this first time in my adult life. It was a regular dinner growing up. 100% comfort food!

@sejica I love deviled eggs! 
    And about acne, I've had rosacea most of my life and in my 30s I developed Type 2 which includes redness plus bumps that look like acne but aren't.  I'm using Azelaic Acid which has helped a lot and luckily it is safe for pregnancy. For me, I've found over the years that my skin is actually clearer if I wash my face with plain water and I don't use cleansers.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @dancingtreepose I'll turn 38 in Aug. DH will turn 46 the week after my birthday. We Also have a huge garden that I planned before I knew how tired I was going to be for the next two months - prime planting season here. What all are you planting?
  • @sejica That's interesting!  My husband and I have birthdays that are less than a week apart. This Oct. I'll be 38 and he'll be 41. I've already planted 75 new strawberry plants and 25 asparagus, some carrots, radishes, and 2 types of potatoes.  We are going big!  I have tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and pumpkins under the grow lights inside.  In a few weeks I start cukes, squashes, and peas. I've never had good luck with herbs from seed, so I'll buy basil, sage, rosemary, cilantro, etc. from the plant nursery.  What about you?
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: December 12, 2020 - 7 weeks 1 day

FTM/STM/STM+: I don’t know what these are???

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink! DH and I both think it’s a girl. And I had a tarot card reader once tell me my first born would be a girl! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby’a facial features and major organs are coming and the brain is developing rapidly! A little blueberry!

Upcoming appointments: May 8th 1st US, May 26th First prenatal Appt 

How are you feeling?: tired but so happy 

Rants/Raves: no one knows I’m pregnant yet and I’m a nurse and so everyone default is thinking I’m “dirty aka working with COVID patients” but little do they know work is making sure I’m super safe. So part of me can’t wait to tell everyone so they stop treating me like in infectious lol 

Questions: anyone else pretending their bloat is baby? Lol the uterus has grown to the size of about a grapefruit already I think! 

GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe? Mmmm there are way too many to choose from! But my famjam does the best hamburgers/ macaroni salad style BBQ’s each summer!
  • @sejica I’m struggling with the pregnancy acne too! But honestly I’m just covering it up with SPF tinted moisturizer during the day and cleaning my face with Burt’s bees products at night and trying not to pick or pop and it’s not getting worse! 

@dancingtreepose ou DH and I are going to do upraised garden beds next summer! This spring we are completely remodelling our basement right now! 
  • @dancingtreepose I loooooove Hamilton! It makes me cry every time - especially now! And I love Mariska too! I’ll have to check that audiobook out!

I accidentally posted in week 1 because I forgot a week had 7 days, not 10, oops! Anyway, great to meet everyone!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/10, 7w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM (though I have 2 teenage nearly-step kids that live with us)

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Green! We’re going surprise

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A skittle?

Upcoming appointments: May 11th. I’ve had 2 u/s already due to some spotting so that’s the next check on how things are resolving.

How are you feeling?: So much n/v and so sleepy. My nipples also keep feeling like they’re on fire. Alternating between being energized by feeling pregnant and feeling like the first tri is going to last forever.

Rants/Raves: I’m so bloated all the time that my normal pants are just uncomfortable enough, but I can’t imagine maternity is in the cards for months. I have no idea what to do in the meantime!

Questions: None right now!

GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe? Pierogis! My family is Polish and we make them from scratch each Christmas (we’ll have them just in time for baby!)

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    7+1 (12/12)

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+ I have DD6 and DS3 (he turns 4 12/16 so will be interesting to see where baby’s birthday falls!)

Team Green/Pink/Blue:
    Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    a playing die

Upcoming appointments:
    telehealth nurse appointment coming up on Tuesday, will find out about further appointments then. 

How are you feeling?:
    Intermittent nausea. This weekend I have been absolutely exhausted.

Rants/Raves:
    @dancingtreepose yessss to Hamilton! It’s so great. Definitely see it live if you ever get the chance, it’s as amazing as you would hope. 

Questions:
    None

GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe?
    I love my mom’s roast and beef stew.

• @sejica definitely pregnancy acne over here too. I used to have really bad, cystic acne in my younger years and after Accutane I've been able to keep it under control with Proactive. It's not terrible but I'm not used to having any zits and now I have 5 at any given time. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/11/20 - 7w2d (my best guess)

FTM/STM/STM+: This will be my 3rd, DD 2 years old, DS 1 year old

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Will be Team Green - we found out with both other kids and since we already have one of each we already have clothes ready to go! 

Upcoming appointments: 1st appointment is June 1st when I'm 12 weeks which is a lifetime away - I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks with both prior pregnancies but my OB's office is delaying initial visits right now which I understand but I'm bummed about. I'm going to be stressed until our first ultrasound. 

How are you feeling?: Tired, some cramping. Anxious about not having an appointment until June! 

Rants/Raves: Talked with my boss earlier and told her I'm pregnant and she agreed to integrate me into my work schedule last (I'm one of 4 on my team and it's going to be a slow re-opening) so that is a huge relief. Not sure when I'll have to go back but I'm grateful it'll be a little while longer. 

Questions: Anyone else at 7 weeks still having menstrual like cramps? I'm sure it's normal, but not having an ultrasound for so long is making my mind race. 

GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe? My mom makes the BEST potato salad and that's the recipe I use. My husband won't ever eat anyone else's lol, my mom has made me promise to keep the recipe in the family. It's always a hit when I bring it to a potluck. Now I really want BBQ and potato salad! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • cassafrass15cassafrass15 member
    edited April 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/11/7w2d
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM, DD is 14mo
    Team Green/Pink/Blue: Team finding out! 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Size of a Sweethearts candy
    Upcoming appointments: U/S with my RE tomorrow, first OB appointment 5/6.
    How are you feeling?: Exhausted and extremely moody. I’ve been really short tempered with DH and DD and I feel bad about it, but can’t seem to control it in the moment.
    Rants/Raves: My bosses are already talking about sending us back to the office (we’ve been WFH since mid-March) and I’m annoyed that they seemingly have ZERO plans for how they’re going to keep us all safe. 
    Questions: Is anyone else having mood swings? DH swears I wasn’t like this with DD.
    GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe? My grandma’s from-scratch apple pie. It’s my favorite food period.
    Edit: spacing
  • cassafrass15cassafrass15 member
    edited April 2020

@laurenspdx I love pierogis! I had a Polish friend growing up and her family made them for special occasions. Now I eat it every year at our annual food festival. 

Edit: spacing/words
  • @jbcakes08 yes to the cramping, I'm trying to ignore it, or hope it's from picking up my other kiddos. Sorry you have to wait so long for a US, I know how anxiety inducing that can be.

@tryingktogku omg yes the bloat. And for ref: FTM=first time mom, STM=second time mom, STM+=second time mom plus(2 or more kids before this pregnancy).

@dancingtreepose in ground-carrots, radishes, turnips, red onions, scallions, 3 lettuces. Next week will be cukes, squashes (summer and winter), beans, beets, corn, marigold, zinnia, and I'll buy tomato, pepper, basil, thyme, rosemary, plants locally.  Late spring I'll also be adding some forsythia bushes, mum's, lamium, heuchera, and bugleweed to existing ornamental bed I'm expanding (slowly). We moved to this house oct'18, so I'm finally getting around to modifying the landscape.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/10 - 7+3

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Green if I can wait that long lol

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A blueberry

Upcoming appointments: May 11

How are you feeling?: All my symptoms kinda disappeared so I’m calling the dr tomorrow because that makes me nervous and I had a sharp pain in my pelvis a few times today on the left side.

Rants/Raves: None 

Questions: Anyone else have disappearing symptoms?

GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe? I’m Italian so good old spaghetti and meatballs or my Mom’s homemade chicken noodle soup which I love to make!
    DS born 2016
  • @laurenspdx Same due date and appt date for 5/11!

I’m excited to get to know everyone! Last go around I waited until I was 3 months to jump on even though I was lurking. 
    DS born 2016
  • @jbal918 What a coincidence! Sending good vibes! 😊
  • @jbal918. Lurking from a different week check-in.  I find that my symptoms tend to come and go.  Somedays I am unable to get off the couch and very ill.  Other days I feel almost back to normal.  Fingers crossed for you.  Also as a fellow Italian, I hear you with the spaghetti and meatballs (although I prefer mine with sweet sausage instead).  
  • @jbal918 my nausea has pretty much subsided but I’ve still got massive tender boobs, am super tired and moody etc. I think lots of people symptoms come and go, and people’s bodies adjust to the hormone fluctuations and increases which can make your symptoms seem less apparent! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12-11-2020 / 7 weeks 3 days

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: We plan on finding out

Upcoming appointments: 8 week ultrasound this Friday!

How are you feeling?: My symptoms come and go throughout the day, I'll feel totally normal and then super sick and can't leave the couch. While I've been super nauseous, I haven't actually been physically sick yet. 

Rants/Raves: Just anxious to get to Friday so I can see my little one again! We're planning on telling parents, siblings, and my best friend afterwards - although for some reason I'm still not excited about telling people. Pregnancy after infertility is such a mind f**k. 

Questions: Anyone else burping like crazy? DH is so grossed out by it, but I can't stop haha

GTKY: What is your favorite family recipe? My dad makes the best homemade pancakes and homefries. Everyone in my family looks forward to his sunday breakfasts! My friends would text me and ask if they could come over for breakfast on Sunday's lol We should start a thread to share all of these family recipes! 

@sejica - I struggled with hormonal acne after stopping birth control two years ago and I finally found a product that is all natural, safe during pregnancy, and works! I use Blume Meltdown Oil and Blume Stargirl Mist. It's been life changing!

@dancingtreepose  and @JBcakes08 - Yay, we're due date buddies!

@tryingktogku - I'm so glad your work was able to move you to a safer unit!

@laurenspdx - I don't think I've ever had a pierogi! I'll have to try one soon!

@hetta05 - I wanted to see Hamilton when it came to Boston, but DH said the tickets were insane ($500+ per seat), so it's still on my list. 

@cassafrass - Good luck today at your ultrasound!

@jbal918 - My symptoms haven't disappeared completely, but some days I'll feel completely normal and then two days later I'll spend most of the day on the couch. 
  • @feather_heather pregnancy after IF is a mind fu** for sure! Hopefully your next ultrasound will get the excitement going!
  • @feather_heather I’ve been burping like crazy too! My 13 yo step daughter thinks it’s hilarious.
  • @feather_heather those sound interesting, I'll have to check them out. And I literally burped 2x right before reading your burping comment.