December 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in 4/20

I hope you all don't mind that I start this tread.... it is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child. For me having the extra support and a safe place to talk is always helpful.

How far along are you?

Share your PGAL story if you'd like.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: What is your superpower/ would you choose as a superpower? 

Re: PGAL check-in 4/20

• Options
    @jchpg thanks for starting!

How far along are you?  6+6 or 7+0

Share your PGAL story if you'd like.  1 NMC at 5 weeks last summer.  The wait to get pregnant again was agonizing, and I had my worst month emotionally last month as the empty due date came and went.  But it was really time for a rainbow because a few days later we had our BFP!

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?  The depression from TTC/MC has lifted but whenever a friend asks me about it I go right back to that pain.  I'm feeling emotionally labile, but not triggered, I think it's just the raging hormones.  Physically, I feel like a "normal" pregnant person with constant nausea, exhaustion, and dizziness.  I had abdominal pain almost the whole time before my loss and the absence of that pain through this pregnancy has helped me feel positive and peaceful.

Any upcoming appointments?  First apt/US this Thurs!

GTKY: What is your superpower/ would you choose as a superpower?   Duplicate time!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 6+3

Share your PGAL story if you'd like: 3 years of infertility. Endometriosis excision and we were finally able to get pregnant. This is now my 8th pregnancy and only the second one where we’ve detected a heart beat (as of this morning!). My other heart beat is currently running around spilling goldfish all over the floor (DD, 14mo)

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Incredibly exhausted, moody and gassy (TMI). Feeling more hopeful after the ultrasound this morning, but with my history I’m always cautious in my optimism. 

Any upcoming appointments? My RE sees me for an ultrasound and blood work every week until 12w, and I see my OB 5/6. 

GTKY: What is your superpower/ would you choose as a superpower? Time travel! I’d love to be able to observe history in real-time. Maybe then we’d learn more from it...

@jchpg Hello again! So glad to see you here. FX we both get to stick around. Also I love the forcefield idea! Especially where I live we have a lot of foreign shoppers and they do not share our sense of “personal space.” 

@gh1219 Duplicate time is a great idea! Good luck at your ultrasound Thursday! Let us know how it goes.

• Options

How far along are you?
    6w3d

This is my sixth pregnancy. I have had three early losses and have a 6yo DD and 3yo DS

The nausea kicked in HARD last night. I’ve never thrown up on any of my pregnancies, and this is the closest I’ve come! A lot of breast soreness and mood swings.

Emotionally I’m worried but also feeling optimistic about this. We are farther on than we made it with any of my losses and while I know that doesn’t mean anything, it does make me feel a little better.

Phone check in with a nurse next week, at which time we will schedule my first appointment.

I’m liking the force field idea! DH has taken over grocery shopping to eliminate unnecessary exposure for me but I actually miss it.

• Options
    jchpgjchpg member
    @gh1219 I am glad to hear that the absence of pain is helping calm your nerves. There is nothing easy about going through pregnancy after a loss, it has to be a form of PTSD. I understand on being able to keep down the feeling until someone brings it up- this is why for the time being, we have decided not to share our news. I feel like the added stress of being asked how I am doing every phone call right now, is more then I can handle. 

@cassafrass15 Congrats on a great US. This must be a huge relief :smile:

@akoros what a hard end to the year for you. I cant imagine having to make that decision, but I believe I would have done the same. My last loss ended at 12 weeks, physically I think a loss this late is very hard. I had scheduled a D&C, and then my body made other plans and the whole ordeal ended with me having to have a D&C anyway a few weeks later. I also didn't expect to get pregnant again so fast, my body must have been super wonky, because the timing doesn't make ANY sense. 

@Hetta05 If you have made it further along then your other losses, I DO think that is something to celebrate :smiley:
  • Options
    @jchpg, I feel like it just started to feel "real" at 12 weeks, which we then emotionally blocked out as soon as we got bad news. That sort of helped, so I'm not sure what we'll do this time as far as letting ourselves plan and get emotionally attached. That must have been so scary to go through the miscarriage, I was terrified about it (but at the same time hoping nature took care of the decision for us).

• Options
    jchpgjchpg member
    @akoros I totally understand. I feel like with all my pregnancies I have just become emotionally distant. It really sucks, it helps but I feel a bit cheated.

When my second miscarriage happened naturally, this did give me piece of mind.  As if I could never have any doubt. But after it all and in the end needing a D&C, I see why my doctor dose not recommend letting it happen naturally that far along. It was not a pleasant process and I ended up in the ER. 

I hope for ALL of us that this time around is different! I can't wait to hear how everyone's first appointments go! I have my fingers crossed for all of you. 
  • Options
    @akoros That must have been unbearably hard, but we would have made the same merciful choice. Here’s hoping this is it for you.

@Hetta05 I understand passing those tragic milestones making you feel better! I feel that way each time I pass one.
  • Options
    Thanks for starting this thread! I wish I didn't have a story to tell here, but here goes:

How far along are you? I'm 5w4d now. Due 12/19.

Share your PGAL story if you'd like. I was pregnant in the fall, and, October, at almost 12 weeks, we got an abnormal NIPT scan that showed the baby had trisonomy 21 - Downs Syndrome. We had a follow up ultrasound that showed that the baby had fluid in its brain that likely meant a severe heart abnormality. "Incompatible with life" is what we were told. We decided to terminate rather than put both me and the baby through that. It was a terrible experience. We're from Ohio, and I had to drive 2 hours away for the procedure, deal with protested, have two separate appointments, etc etc. It was just awful, even though I feel 100% confident that it was the right decision. We started trying again within a couple of months, and I found out a couple weeks ago that I'm pregnant again!

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? A little nauseated, and it's getting worse each day. That's how it was with my prior pregnancies, so I'm not surprised. Sore boobs and tired, too. I'm mostly trying to not get too excited about this pregnancy. Anxious to get past the point where we were last time.

Any upcoming appointments?  Telehealth appointment on Monday.

GTKY: What is your superpower/ would you choose as a superpower?  Today, I think mind-reading would be kind of cool. Probably pretty useful at work and things. Although do I really want to know what my husband is thinking..? Hmm...

• Options
    @notvincent, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your story is similar to my prior pregnancy this past fall. I'm very lucky, though, I was able to have the procedure done locally at a facility on hospital property that doesn't get protesters. I thought about going to a clinic where protesters were a probability (because they were the only one to offer full anesthesia), but decided I really couldn't handle it.
  • Options

How far along are you? I'm 5 weeks today. Due Dec 23rd. 

Share your PGAL story if you'd like: I found out I was pregnant for the first time ever last Sept/19. Was super excited and didn't know what to expect. I ended up bleeding and went to the ER. They did an U.S and all they could find is an empty sac and no fetal pole or heartbeat and my hcg number had dropped in half :( I ended up having a miscarriage at 7 weeks in November 2019 and we have been trying ever since then.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I'm feeling ok most days. Just very tired, sore boobs. I've been having alot of headaches and dizziness and slight minor cramping on and off. I've had some nausea also on and off but it seems like it usually only happens at night. Mentally and emotionally I'm super excited  but trying not to freak out or have anxiety over every little symtom or lack of symptoms. I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful for this pregnancy but worried because I have 2 fibroids and the fertility doctor told me that because one of them is poking into my uterine cavity It would take me longer to get pregnant and if I did get pregnant that I would have a higher rate then other women of having another miscarriage again. I also have hypothyroidism. I just hope my body carries this baby to full term. 

Any upcoming appointments? I have my first ultrasound on June 1st and its killing me to wait that long but our medical imaging office is so booked up that that's the earliest date I could get in. I'll be almost 11 weeks by then. I'll be a ball of nerves by then until I actually see a baby in there. I just hope that everything will be ok till my appt. It's a long way away. 

GTKY: What is your superpower/ would you choose as a superpower?  There are a few superpowers I would love to have. I would to have immortality( I wanna live forever lol) time travel and shapeshifting would be cool. 

• Options

How far along are you? 6 weeks today.

I had a chemical pregnancy between my first and second daughters (now 6 and 4). Then last summer we got pregnant again with our third. Had an early ultrasound at 8 weeks, saw/heard heartbeat. Did the harmony test at 10.5 weeks and got the results a few days later that everything was great and we were having a boy. We were psyched and planned to tell our girls after the 12 week ultrasound which happened to be on my husband's bday. We went in and as soon as the technician started the ultrasound I knew - there was no heartbeat and the baby looked the same size as our last one. Turns out baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. We elected to have a D&C but they could only schedule us 3 days after. I started having a spontaneous miscarriage the day after. I lost a lot of blood and was getting nauseous so my husband rushed me to the ER where I lost consciousness a few times. My blood pressure was dangerously low - they rushed me to an emergency d&c and had to have a blood transfusion. It was traumatizing to say the least and took me a while to get better physically and even longer emotionally. I think my husband has a bit of PTSD. 

Nauseous on and off all day - I was slightly nauseous with my youngest daughter and a little with the last pregnancy but not to this point of almost all day. Boobs sore and muscles hurt but probably because i'm older (39) and my bones crack. Mentally/emotionally I've been ok - I've sort of accepted I don't have control over this and whatever happens happens (which for anyone that knows me is VERY unlike me as I'm typically super anxious). My biggest worry is having a miscarriage that leads me to the ER again - being in the NYC area I want to be as far from hospitals as I can right now with Covid. 

Right after Memorial Day when i'll be a little over 10 weeks. It's the longest i've ever gone without being seen but taking more precautions with covid and hoping things calm down in ny by then - my doctor is in the city. I actually moved it another week out so I can do the harmony test too and not have to go in again. I'm nervous mostly about getting exposed. And the fact that my husband can't actually come in with me.

I used to say flying and time travel - but now healing. I'd love to be able to heal.