Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 4-20

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?
Month/Cycle?
WTO/TWW?
Ages of other child(ren)?
Any thoughts about this cycle?
Any questions?
Rant/Rave?
GTKY: What is your favorite/least favorite kids book?
BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: TFAS w/o 4-20

• What number are you trying for? 3
    Month/Cycle? 3/2
    WTO/TWW? TWW tomorrow
    Ages of other child(ren)? 1, 3
    Any thoughts about this cycle? Meh.
    Any questions? I hope it's okay to start this thread. I know I don't post regularly, but this pandemic has me all over the place emotionally and otherwise.
    Rant/Rave? My kids' sleep is garbage. I can't get 3 hours in a row to take a good bbt. I can't get on my phone when they're awake, because they destroy things, so I can't even keep up virtual friendships, and we aren't seeing people in person either.
    GTKY: What is your favorite/least favorite kids book? Love "Little Owl's Night". Loathe anything by Dr. Seuss.
  • @sejica Totally fine that you started the thread! I didn't wake up until way later today than I normally do and was glad someone already got to it! Sounds like you have a lot going on right now and I'm sorry you're not getting enough sleep. I hope things normalize soon. Is there any way we can help?

What number are you trying for? 3
    Month/Cycle? 5/5 (3 unbenched)
    WTO/TWW? TWW
    Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5, 5.5
    Any thoughts about this cycle? Good timing, not temping through the TWW so that's been a little stressful. I'm just trying to take a small step back from tracking for a couple cycles. I get a little obsessive with it.
    Any questions? Nope
    Rant/Rave? I'm going to be cutting my 5 year old's hair today. I'm a little nervous about it. He has really thick hair and has eczema on his scalp. His scalp isn't getting enough air and it's causing his eczema to flare up. Hopefully the hair cut helps.
    GTKY: What is your favorite/least favorite kids book? Rikki Tikki Tavi is one of my favorite kids stories. I'm not a big fan of the Berenstain Bears books (this may be one for a UO Thursday post lol).

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Loading the player...
  • @sejica for anything sleep related I have gotten a lot of tips and tricks from Taking Cara Babies on IG. Technically its only up to 24 months but it might help for the 3 yo too. 
    @ashaislurking do you use head and shoulders for your son's hair? I gave my almost 2 yo a hair cut a couple weeks ago and it was so bad. Definitely have to save that for his graduation board  :D

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 5/5

WTO/TWW? TWW 1 dpo

Ages of other child(ren)? 22m

Any thoughts about this cycle? Hopeful and dreading it not being the cycle because I will start temping if this cycle doesn't work

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? I have been going to town on the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I made last week and enjoying every bite! It has also been nice to be home with DS and see his words and personality just flourish!

GTKY: What is your favorite/least favorite kids book? Most favorite is Love You Forever, I cry every time. DS still can't sit through it so it's not really a kids book. Least favorite? I don't know that I have a least favorite. Ugh we did have this one that had trucks and diggers and it was a lift the flap book that when you lifted the flap it made the truck sounds and it was SO ANNOYING! We threw it out lol
    BabyName Ticker 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krash_ Head and Shoulders is actually AWFUL for eczema and psoriasis because of how harsh and drying it is. We usually use Matrix Biolage Hydrasource OR Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special products on the scalp because they're both moisturizing and cooling to calm a bad flare. I just got done cutting his hair and he's super happy with it! We went for a mohawk (which he's been BEGGING for) because the shave on the sides allows for more air flow to the scalp and keeps oils from building up excessively (therefore hopefully helping the eczema flare). Shaving the head also means I can get moisturizing products directly to the scalp if it flares really bad again. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies sound SO good right now. I don't blame you for eating a bunch of them!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• @ashaislurking I am with you on the berenstain bears. It's been a minute, but I feel like they focused way too much on shame for bad behavior. Thanks for the offer of help, it's mostly a huge relief to have a place to post about ttc without having to figure out how to avoid talking about my kids. I love them and obviously want more, but as a sahm, they are my rant/raves every time.
    @krash_ great, now I have to eat cookies for dinner to round off my menu of doritos for breakfast and choc covered walnuts for lunch. I'm familiar with taking cara babies, but I think (hope?) it was just the weather having big swings and my 3yo wanting to sleep 'with' my 1yo. Maybe someday, like in 6mo-a year, but they just aren't developmentally ready yet for that. Does give me hope for fitting more babies into our space though :)
  • What number are you trying for? 3
    Month/Cycle? 7/11
    WTO/TWW? WTO
    Ages of other child(ren)? 3.5 and 1.5
    Any thoughts about this cycle? Idk hoping things go well! 
    Any questions? How do you get a 1.5 to fall back asleep at night? Lately she won’t go to sleep unless we are in the room and she will lose her ever loving mind if we try to lay her back down and go back to bed. I’ve been up 3-4 hours each night the last 3 nights and I’m dying. 
    Rant/Rave? See above. Honestly just feeling so emotionally mentally and physically exhausted and need alone time I can’t have because of quarantine. 
    GTKY: What is your favorite/least favorite kids book?  I hate DADA but my youngest loves it. (Me and my DH both hate it because it has zero content) I love our Daniel Tiger box book set. I also love classics like frog and toad. Another newer title my oldest really likes is The Great Indoors it’s pretty cute. 

@ashaislurking I have autoimmune psoriasis and my daughter just as topical on her scalp and we both use a steroid liquid that helps a ton! I just put on at night and then we wash it out in the morning. Has helped her not scratch her scalp raw anymore. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @stillcozy I have autoimmune psoriasis too! Thankfully a lot of the stuff I use for m mine also helps my son's eczema, but I try to use protective techniques first (like keeping his hair short and not making him take a bath unless he really needs it because soaps flare his skin) before using more extreme measures like medicated creams.
    As far as the sleep thing goes, MH and I are struggling with that with our 21 month old as well. Thankfully we've figured out sleeping on a rotating schedule (I sleep at night, MH sleeps during the day) to keep things covered, but it's hard and not everyone has that flexibility. I just get through it knowing that these sleep regressions are temporary. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking I totally agree! I Hate soap because it is so irritating and My daughter is so sensitive to it. I’m sorry you guys are struggling too. So glad you found a sleep schedule that works for you both! Unfortunately we both have to get up in the morning at the same time but we usually trade off wakings and on the weekend one does the wake ups and gets to sleep in the other sleeps all night and gets up with the girls in the morning. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @stillcozy I really hope their sleep schedule improves soon! It's hard. Hang in there. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• Midweek check in! How is everyone doing? 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• This child keeps putting everything in his mouth! He knows that we don't want him to do it so he keeps doing it more. He found a pom pom, we had to take them away because he was trying to eat them but I guess I missed one, and MH found him running around with it in his mouth. It's so frustrating because any type of activity that we could maybe attempt to keep him entertained he just ruins by eating things. I try to go the natural consequences routes like when he ate some nasty play doh and I just kept talking about how nasty it must taste but he didn't care and ate it anyway. This morning he picked something up off of the floor and put it in his mouth. I thought it was lint so I didn't make a big deal about it. Then he spits it out and it was a piece of the dogs nail! Gross! Any tips or tricks to try to move past this phase would be greatly appreciated. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• *****TW****** 

Turns out what I thought was CD 1 on 3/28 was implantation bleeding. Calling my ob, but lurking here and dec 2020 until I get confirmation of healthy PG. I feel so silly, like I should have realized well before now. Also, I don't feel like I've been active enough to post in grad threads, but I didn't want you ladies to think I ghosted. Bye for now, hope to see you in the bmb's soon too.

• @sejica thank you for using a TW/spoiler but when it says pregnancy may be mentioned in this thread, it’s always been meant as referring to prior pregnancy, not announcements. No big deal, I just wanted to put that out there for the future since another poster announced their pregnancy here recently also. And I want this to be a safe space for those who need it. Congratulations!!
  • @bows22 Maybe we should consider changing the wording of that part of the thread intro?
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @bows22 you're absolutely right, I am so sorry. Please help me fix it. I can edit my post, or leave it, either way.
  • @sejica it’s honestly fine. I agree with @ashaislurking that the intro of the thread should probably say “prior.” I haven’t been posting here lately because working full time and watching a 2 year old alone all day is no joke! I have no time! But maybe I’ll post the thread on Monday and change it. 

Good luck in (I’m assuming?) January! Maybe I’ll see you over there!
  • @bows22 if you can't get to it, I will. I've typically been able to get to the TFAS thread to post it on Mondays unless something major comes up the night before!
    TTC History- *TW* LC