October 2020 Moms
Options

April - crafting/baking/cooking/I like making things.

Please feel free to share anything that you've made or ideas about what you plan to make. 

Nervous Season 6 GIF by CBS All Access
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: April - crafting/baking/cooking/I like making things.

• Options
    AB518AB518 member
    I have already started trying to come up with ideas for knitting projects for baby.  I will at least knit a pumpkin baby hat.  I will probably also knit a couple of baby outfits.  I just can't wait for the stores to open back up, so I can go buy supplies.  I'd rather pick out yarn in-person instead of ordering online.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been really into Diamond Painting for awhile.  Fortunately, they are things I can order online.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @AB518 I’m the same way. I finally caved and ordered some fabric online for pick up and it worked out. This month I’m working on some burp cloths for a friend who just gave birth and a dress for one of my DD’s friends who just turned 5. 

I’m also making fabric masks as time permits and dropping them off at JOANN for donation. 
  • Options
    AB518AB518 member
    @kboydbowman  I wasn't familiar with diamond painting, so I had to look it up.  I had no idea that even existed.  I then found myself looking up different designs.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kboydbowmankboydbowman member
    edited April 2020
    @AB518 they're very relaxing.  Here's a few I've done...

Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    I’m not super crafty but I do love baking. 
    I made flatbread pizza dough yesterday and will hopefully be baking again today! 

Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    @profmcgonagall Sally’s Baking Addiction’s monthly challenge??? Love her. 

I’ve been baking at absurd rates, starting to sew my cloth diapers, and I have four baby quilts I really need to work on. 😅
  • Options
    @mckjacks, yes! I also love her and get all my ideas from her 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    I did so much before I had my daughter--baby quilt, sewed burp cloths, handmade nursery curtains. I have a feeling I will do absolutely zero for this next one besides reorganizing/sorting through baby stuff and moving my daughter to a new room. I haven't used my sewing machine once since she was born, and I used to use it all the time! 😬
  • Options
    I’m all out of fabric but I’ve been itching to sew! Especially some face masks. I was thinking about doing a project on my Cricut with all my vinyl but I haven’t decided what to make yet. 
  • Options
    Oh, I love this! I have just been saving a bunch of quilt and crochet patterns. I went through my entire stash of fabric and yarn the other day and nothing felt right. I might order some fabric online, but I am so the type of person that likes to touch things and hold them up together. I also have a giftcard to a local quilt shop that doesn't sell online and I want to go there so bad for supplies so I might just wait for stores to open again.
  • Options
    I enjoy doing some sewing.   I have a machine that does embroidery and appliqué. I’ll be honest my machine is smarter than me.  It’s connected to WiFi and does so much more than I actual do with it.   I also enjoy baking.   Cookies and pies mostly but I’m starting to work on cupcake decorating as well.  Here are a few things I’ve sewn and done appliqué with.  I made 2 versions of my daughters second birthday outfit one for her party and one for daycare.     I’ve definitely mastered tutu’s.  I’ve also dabbled in bow making.  
  • Options
    @anitamargarita_82, I love the rainbow dress!
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @anitamargarita_82 great name for DD! Mine has the same name spelled the same way too. 
    We made caramel cream cheese brownies and I’m also trying to alter one of my old summer dresses into a dress up dress for DD. That’s also my sash from my bachelorette party. Lost momentum on it but will get back to it eventually I’m sure. 
  • Options
    I did a bunch of sewing before my son was born. I made burp cloths, cloth wipes, pants, bandana bibs, blankets and changing pad covers for him. I plan to reuse all those items and maybe make a few new burps cloths and bibs in more gender neutral colors (yay, team green) just for fun. I have a cute tie dye fabric that I’ve been wanting to make into a romper or harem pants for him, so I just need to get started on that. 

I love baking, but I’m trying to limit my sweets so I limit that to every few weeks. 
  • Options
    @homeport17, I love your model!
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    AB518AB518 member
    @homeport17  The sweater looks great!  The colors are perfect for an autumn baby!

I ended up buying a bunch of yarn online today.  I couldn't wait for stores to open back up to be able to pick out the yarn in-person.  I'm really excited about knitting baby clothes.  I thought that I was going to stick with a lot of neutral colors, but I ended up buying a lot of pink and purple yarn because I really liked the shades of pink and purple over the other available color options.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 ohhhh man. I love chocolate chip cookies with everything in me. DH went to the grocery store yesterday and I had to stop myself from asking him to get a cookie cake. I have been jonesing for some cookies though so I might have to make them today 
  • Options
    I’ve been adding lots of box cake/brownie/muffin mixes to our pick up orders. DH was making fun of me for it. 
  • Options
    After saying just the other day that I wasn't doing anything extra for this kiddo unlike my last one, I got inspired and ordered this quilt kit this morning. It's pre-cut which is the worst part of quilting for me, so should be enjoyable. 
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 super cute! I am in the process of making two quilts for my friend who is having twins... and I also need to start my two quilts for my twins  :D:D I really wanted to wait until we knew the sex of our babies, but that's still a month away. I wanted to be able to pick out fabric in a store, but COVID is really messing that up.
  • Options
    @mckjacks that sounds like a ton of work! One quilt is enough for me. I made one for DD, so I'm glad to be doing the same for this little one. We are team green though, which is why I went with rainbow. Plus, I just think it's awesome.
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 do you have a long arm to quilt your blanket with when you’re done?  Or do you quilt freehand with your sewing machine?  I’ve started a couple different quilts but quickly realized i really suck at cutting fabric.  I looked into buying an accuquilt at a sewing expo last summer.   I just want sure if I’d use it enough to justify the money.