December 2020 Moms
Options

Mental Health Check-in- April

U.S: National Suicide Prevention :  1-800-273-TALK [8255]
Link to Canadian Resources:  https://suicideprevention.ca/need-help/

This is a safe place for more detailed support in mental health, struggles, and successes.  Whereas general stress and issues are often discussed in other boards, this place is for a more focused discussion of the impact of mental health.  Members are encouraged to use thoughtfulness and depth to examine feelings, barriers, and useful supports. 

This post can be replied to at any time during the month. Not limited to those with a mental health diagnosis, but please be sensitive to others. We will attempt to be as flame free as possible!

Feel free to share, vent, or support other members on this thread. Share a picture/gif that expresses how you feel or provides some comfort. 

If you need help getting started, consider filling out the form below:

Mental Health Diagnosis (if you have been) or What brings you to this thread today?:

How far along:

How are you feeling?

Where are you in your mental health journey? (in treatment, looking for support, on meds, in counseling, having a rough day, etc.)

Re: Mental Health Check-in- April

• Options
    I stole the intro from the TTGP board, but hopefully it will help with discussions here.  

• Options
    Thank you for making this thread, its always important to talk about mental health but I think even more important now in the world we live in today. 

I am 7 weeks along, I have a 18 mth old DD and my husband and I are both dealing with mental health issues for the past few months. 

I was disgnosed with Depression last year, I grew up in a home with alcoholics and mental health issues. Ive struggled with depression and anxiety my whole life. My husbands upbringing was worse, hes been through a lot of challenges.

Ive been in therapy for a few months now and its helped a lot, I'm trying to get my husband to go too. Our fights are just exhausting its so hard to keep my composure and I am just on my last leg. I dont know how to help him see what I see. I know it's hard to see your demons when they are running your life, I've been trying to show him for months now. 

How do you help someone who refuses help and doesnt think they need it? I try to be loving but its so hard when youre in the middle of a fight and tensions are so high.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mamab117 I’m so sorry you’re dealing with a stubborn partner. My DH wasn’t that bad, but he definitely dug in his heels about seeing someone for quite a while. He was brought up to believe that men don’t need therapy, which is not true at all. 

Mental Health Diagnosis (if you have been) or What brings you to this thread today?: I’m diagnosed with major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, PTSD, panic disorder, and excoriation disorder (aka dermatillomania or compulsive skin picking). It’s been a lifelong struggle. 

How far along: Just under six weeks. 

How are you feeling? I’m exhausted all the time and overly emotional. I’m definitely irritable. I really just want to go back to work, but it’s not happening so far. We’re both concerned about finances, since today was our last check from our employer before being furloughed, and Florida’s unemployment system is FUBAR. 

Where are you in your mental health journey? (in treatment, looking for support, on meds, in counseling, having a rough day, etc.) I’ve been in therapy for a couple of years now. I was doing really well and was stable and then we found out I’m pregnant, and my psych NP decided to pull me off my anti depressant. I’m not happy about it and am going to talk to the OB at my appointment next month. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020