Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is your favorite flower? 🌺

Re: Week 1 (11/01-11/07) Check-in w/o 20/04/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: November 3 / 11w6d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Finding out! We are moving in 2 months but we'll take a few weeks before that (well my fiancé will...) to paint. We'll do a gender neutral nursery because I think I'll have my 20 week ultrasound either just before or just after we move and we won't want to paint again once we are moved in.

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of:  Could fit on a Reese's cup / Lime

Upcoming Appointments: This Wednesday  for my 13 week ultrasound/NT scan + blood draw for genetic screening.  It should be shortly followed by a tele-appointment with my GP.

How are you feeling?: Getting anxious to see baby again on Wednesday, hoping we are still going strong! I still need my daily nap although I don't really sleep anymore. Also, I go to bed fine at night but I wake up so damn early and that messes the rest of my day. Boobs are sore but mostly when I take off my bra at night and when I first wake up. I've been having headaches today I hope that's not a new thing...

Rants/Raves: I really look forward to the 2nd trimester increase in sex drive because right now I just feel sooo bad for my fiancé 😅

Questions: Is anyone in maternity clothes already? 

GTKY:  What is your favorite flower? 🌺 Lilacs 

@36anditsmyfirst I'm surprisingly doing good with the quarantine... I think it's helping me taking it easy too and avoid stress from outings with friends and having to not drink or eat something in particular without anyone being suspicious. I take a minimum of 2 walks a day (often 3), video calls my family and friends several times a week. We're taking this as an opportunity to spend time together (my fiancé and I that is). I'm ok with the situation as long as when baby comes we are back to normal 🤞Not sure that will happen though so it may get tougher as reality for the next couple months sets in.
  • Options
    ksdelong20ksdelong20 member
    edited April 2020
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 10/31, 12w 2d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM, DS is almost 15 months

Team Green/Pink/Blue: green

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: as tall as a rubik's cube

Upcoming Appointments: ob follow up 5/1

How are you feeling?: better, nausea has decreased a bit, slightly more energy some days

Rants/Raves: I haven't gained hardly any weight yet because I'm full quick at dinner (or nauseous) and then don't snack afterwards as much (rave then rant because I like ice cream in the evening haha)

Questions: anyone nurse while pregnant? How/when did you wean? DH is worried DS will be jealous of the new baby if I wait too long to wean. He only nurses when he wakes up for the day and before bed.

GTKY:  What is your favorite flower? Daisy 

ETA: quarantine hasn't affected my day to day too much. I'm luckily (?) still working as a PT at a nursing home and even picked up an extra day a week (usually 4, now 5). We miss seeing family but my mom and ILs watch DS so we see them a couple days a week and then they don't go anywhere else
  • Options
    @jaclyn0405 How did your appt go today? That's funny about YH and your feelings about the baby's sex - at least no matter what, one of you will be right!
    @name1109 I love good smelling flowers!
    @bserena That is so frustrating about the announcements! I wonder if it was the seller or the post office?
    @36anditsmyfirst Your cat eats flowers? 🤣 Congrats on your baby boy! As for quarantine - we're doing pretty good. We're introverts anyways, and have tons to work on around the house, BUT, our 2 year old doesn't care about all the stuff we want to get done, and I sure wish I could get him out of the house for a playdate. Or drop him off with Grandma. Please. 
    @mimser Almost none of my pants button, but with the help of some hair ties and occasional use of my bella band, I'm getting along in regular clothes still.
    @ksdelong20 I'm in the same boat. DS is 2, and I was planning to wean around now anyways, so we're in the middle of that now. He had been nursing 3 times a day for months, and I have just been eliminating one session at a time. I started by dropping the first thing in the morning session, and a few weeks later, the pre-nap session. In a couple more weeks I'll drop the bedtime feed and that'll be it. It feels bittersweet. I basically just told him that there isn't enough milk anymore and my nipples hurt. So far he really seems to just accept that, and isn't too bothered. Good luck, let us know how it goes!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @36anditsmyfirst would you mind sharing about your support group? We just moved...it always feels empty. I’d so love to have a group of people to hang out with post baby. 

As for quarantine...I am really struggling. Isolation is not my jam. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 11/6  11+4

FTM/STM/STM+: 3TM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: lime

Upcoming Appointments: 5/12

How are you feeling?: mostly good, still waves of fatigue but definitely improving! Nausea has eased up a TON

Rants/Raves: rave: DH and I tend to go home renovation crazy with each pregnancy. This one is no different. We’ve gutted the kids bathroom, made an addition of a mudroom, and also added a 5th bedroom (nursery) that will eventually become an office once babe is big enough to move into the current guest bedroom (it’s way too big for a baby). Anywho - everything is really coming together now with contractors in and out every day doing their installations and the like. I’m so excited to be done with drywall dust and sounds of power saws!!!!

Questions: Nada

GTKY:  What is your favorite flower? I love SO many of them. My true passion is for an English style cottage garden.... foxglove, roses, peonies, hollyhocks, delfiniums, ahhhh
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • Options
    @hedgepig I might have to try your hair tie trick. I wore actual pants (not leggings or yoga pants) on Sunday for the 1st time in a month (social  distancing) and couldn't button.
  • Options
    @hedgepig it actually went great! He said what I have is completely common in pregnancy and is normally caused my either the uterus moving or the high levels of progesterone coursing through the body.  He wants to do an in-office visit in (3) months, if COVID-19 allows, and complete an additional renal ultrasound.  If nothing is awry, he will release me from his care.  Major relief over here! <3 

@36anditsmyfirst I am not doing terrible with quarantine, although I miss just being able to pick up and go.  We went to buy flowers at Lowe's this weekend and our state issued that you must wear a mask in every store.  It was a little apocalyptic and made me sad for the first time during all of this.  Other than that it has really taught us to cook more and enjoy family.  We usually cooked through the week, but would eat out almost all of our meals on the weekends for the social aspect.  We definitely won't be doing that anymore, so that is one thing I am grateful for the quarantine for.
  • Options
    @magdaaaa Yay for renovations! We're torn, because our plan has been to add bedrooms onto our *tiny* house this year, but my parents have suggested that we move into their house and build them an IL unit. We'll have to wait another year to do that, which means getting by in the tiny house with a newborn and a toddler for another year.
    I love your flower choices! I looooove foxglove and hollyhock!
    ---
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 11w6d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM, 2 yo DS

Team Green/Pink/Blue: finding out, next week!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: lime

Upcoming Appointments: phone appt next week for NIPT results 

How are you feeling?: Good, but still tired most days.

GTKY:  What is your favorite flower? 🌺 Sweet peas, narcissus, pink/naked ladies, grape hyacinth.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @hedgepig OMG we live in a tiny house too! I am freaking out for the limited space we will have when the baby gets here.  We were going to move, but now we are thinking of adding on.  So I feel like a lot of my "nesting" will be chucking things out the door to make it appear bigger lol.

@laurenmicheley omg do I! So TMI I normally go 2x per day and just until recently it was maybe every (3) days and I was DYING.  I am actually doing Metamucil in the morning and for awhile there I wasn't convinced it was working, but recently it has been and I have been able to go 1x per day for the most part or at least every other day.  
  • Options
    @laurenmicheley Yup, me too! I've been taking colace, and it seemed to be letting up, so I stopped taking it a couple of days ago and now it's back. So bloated and gassy too. It's way worse than last time 😰

@jaclyn0405 We have soooo much STUFF! MH and I are both collectors/have hobbies that require lots of inventory, so neither of us is willing to throw stuff away. I don't know how we'll get through.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @hedgepig ahh I got you! We don't have collections/hobbies like that, so I guess that is a plus.  But I like to shop SO clothes and shoes are everywhere.  But I am over it all and am just going to start throwing it all away lol.
  • Options
    @hedgepig @jaclyn0405 We have a 1,000 square foot apartment (which is HUGE by NYC standards, but really not that much space, at all) which we had been planing on expanding into the neighboring apartment. We were in contract to purchase it and had to cancel the contract because I got laid off due to Covid-19, my husbands salary/hours got reduced, and the market dipped so low. Now, we are trying to pivot to bringing baby home to our current apartment and all my husband wants to do is buy more THINGS (specifically a VR system, because what we need now is definitely a 4th console). LOL. We're going to have baby bunk with us in either the Snoo or Halo bassinet and make it work for a while until things stabilize a little more and we can sell/buy/move.
  • Options
    @mimser Not in maternity, yet - but literally just ordered a lounge set, PJs, and a pair of leggings from ASOS. I've been getting really hot at night, so figured I may as well buy a maternity set since the bump is definitely growing at this point. Trying out the leggings because they are really cheap; if I don't like them I'll return and get something higher quality, but I'm trying not to sped too much on clothing, especially since I'm not leaving the house anytime soon.
  • Options
    @laurenmicheley quick question, did you ask to have both the NT scan and the NIPT? My next appointment is next Wednesday and my OB basically told me to decide if I want NIPT and let them know that day, I am going to get NIPT but really would like to have a u/s as well. Just wondering what is common?
  • Options
    @bserena When I was pregnant last time, I asked, and they said that unless there's an underlying reason/concern, they don't usually do both because they're redundant. 
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @bserena I did ask my doctor for both for a variety of reasons. The first time I was pregnant my OB at the time has scheduled me for both (my pregnancy, however, did not progress past 10 weeks). Apparently, this is very typical for doctors in NYC. Since then, I was diagnosed with RPL (Recurrent Pregnancy Loss), so I am extra cautious. Additionally, the NT is around 90% accurate and the NIPT (Depending on brand) is around 95% accurate. Both together, the accuracy is at somewhere around 98% which is good enough for me (as per, EXPECTING BETTER). I'm avoiding having a CVS/Amnio because I am afraid of the pain and also afraid of initiating another miscarriage. I'll also add, I'm not sure what things are like in other areas, but my doctors will give an U/S whenever I want (within reason). Anytime I go to the OB, I get a quick U/S. I don't blame you for wanting to see what's going on inside along with doing the NIPT, maybe you can ask your doc for a quick look? (Side note, I had 6 U/S before 10-weeks since I conceived through a medicated cycle and they wanted to monitor follicle growth and then proactively to make sure there was no ectopic pregnancy - so I made my imaging deductible a WHILE ago and I don't have to pay for additional U/S under global prenatal coverage).
  • Options
    achsachs member
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 11/5....11w5d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: we obviously don’t know yet but for some reason H and I both feel it’s a boy. 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: baby is the size of a Brussels sprout or hot wheels car lol 

Upcoming Appointments: sequential screening is next 

How are you feeling?: ok-ish. Nausea still comes and goes. I’ll think it’s better for a day or two and then randomly throw up. The apps and drs keep telling me it should fade soon, so let’s hope 🤞🏼

Rants/Raves: main rant is just about the overwhelmingly inconsistent information that floats around the internet. If you google any food + pregnancy you’ll get equal amounts of articles telling you it’s great as you will telling you it’s the worst thing you can ever eat. It really makes me second guess myself. 

Questions: when/if the nausea gets better, will the food aversions get better too? Because I can barely look at food, even food I like. I can’t hear people talk about it, think about it, prepare it, etc. it’s too much! 

GTKY:  What is your favorite flower? 🌺 Lily of the valley 
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: Nov 4/ 11 weeks 6 days

FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Finding out - hopefully sooner than later by NIPT

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: Lime! 

Upcoming Appointments:  04/23 is NT scan, 4/24 first OB appt.

How are you feeling?: Remarkably better.  Less nauseous and a bit more energy. 

Rants/Raves:  Finally told my mom over the weekend, and it was so nice.  I’m so nervous for my scan on Thursday! 

Questions: I haven’t had my first OB appointment yet, so I don’t yet have a requisition for the NIPT, but definitely want to get it.  Hoping that I can get the requisition and test done quickly, since it sounds like most ladies are doing it 11-12 weeks!  Did you guys get requisitions from your family doctors, or wait for your OB appointment?

GTKY:  What is your favorite flower? 🌺

So many!  Lillies, tulips, ranunculus, tropical ones, any that smell lovely.  :) 

@laurenmicheley. - Same here...haven’t found a consistent remedy.  I’ve been eating tons of apples and trying to drink more fluids, but have also heard Colace works.  Someone suggested prunes.  

• Options
    @name1109 I hear you on the difficulties of forming a new support network after moving. Hope you get settled in soon! The group I participate in is through the Birth Network of Monterey County in CA. Assuming you're not local, I'd suggest asking your provider if they're aware of any support groups for pregnant people in your area. Most are virtual right now. You might also see if there's a birth network, midwife practice, birthing center or maternal advocacy group in your area. Some mental health providers or parent support organizations also offer groups for expecting parents. Please also remember we're here to support you. Hope this helps and good luck, mama!
  • Options
    Love all the updates on how you're coping right now!! Helps me feel less alone in my pregnancy adjustment. 
  • Options
    @mimser Not in maternity, yet - but literally just ordered a lounge set, PJs, and a pair of leggings from ASOS. I've been getting really hot at night, so figured I may as well buy a maternity set since the bump is definitely growing at this point. Trying out the leggings because they are really cheap; if I don't like them I'll return and get something higher quality, but I'm trying not to sped too much on clothing, especially since I'm not leaving the house anytime soon.
    @laurenmicheley we lived in DC in ~1000 sqft. We just decided not to do a nursery. Baby stayed in the pack and play until she was two. We moved to Japan and ultimately were three kids and two dogs and two adults in 980 sqft. It was tight but really well layed out. We LOVE city. 
  • Options
    @36anditsmyfirst thank you. I’ll look into it. I’ve used military healthcare and have not had much success in finding local assistance. I’ll look into finding those groups. 

I’m glad for this community too!
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 13w today!

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: We plan to find out, but don't know yet

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: Lemon/clownfish

Upcoming Appointments: May 19th (had my first appointment this past Tuesday)

How are you feeling?: the nausea has died waaaaaay down! It is such a relief! Fingers crossed it lasts! 

Rants/Raves: Just feeling bummed that I still haven't had an ultrasound. My OB said they won't do one until the anatomy scan, which I've heard some places do. I am just ready to see some baby action! 

Questions: Has anyone had to take baby aspirin for blood pressure before? I didn't last time, but I did have high blood pressure towards the end of my first pregnancy so my doc is making me take it now. Did you stop taking it before the 3rd trimester? 

GTKY:  What is your favorite flower? 🌺 Peonies! We have 2 peony bushes in our front garden and they are so beautiful when they bloom every year! 
  • Options
    @36anditsmyfirst I am still working right now, so I still feel some sense of normalcy. But when I have days off I really start to feel trapped in the house. I want to go places! 
    @mimser I broke down and got some maternity jeans and some button extenders. I normally live in athletic leggings, but those were getting tight around the bump area! I gotta feel comfy lol
    @laurenmicheley constipation has been off and on (mostly on) with me. I tried adding a cup of coffee in the morning and it has helped!