Trying to Get Pregnant

Win/Wine/Whine Wednesday 4.22

Because this gif accurately describes how I feel 90% of the time right now, let's do a win/wine/whine Wednesday thread!

1)  Win - What's a small (or big) win you've had recently? 

2)  Wine - What's your favorite drink to have/make when you've had a hard day (doesn't have to be wine)? 

3)  Whine - What's your least favorite thing about life right now?
TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: Win/Wine/Whine Wednesday 4.22

• 1)  Win - What's a small (or big) win you've had recently? i think just quarantining in general i have really gotten to some of the things around the house that i have been putting off for a year or two now.  and im impressed they were smaller tasks than they seemed to be.  
    2)  Wine - What's your favorite drink to have/make when you've had a hard day (doesn't have to be wine)? oh, it's usually always wine.  cabernet or pinot noir.  if i pull out a bottle DH knows its been one of those days.  Not to say it isn't a happy drink too though!  my at-home go to's for each are Josh cabernet and Meomi pinot noir.
    3)  Whine - What's your least favorite thing about life right now? i'm trying not to find too many things to complain about, so i dont have anything major here.  though i did just finish binging all 7 seasons of Brooklyn Nine-Nine yesterday (S7 finale i think is this week?!) so i'm upset that its over.  

• 1)  Win - What's a small (or big) win you've had recently? I've been a lot better in the last 2 weeks about writing down the things that bother me so they can be brought up with my therapist.

2)  Wine - What's your favorite drink to have/make when you've had a hard day (doesn't have to be wine)? Hot apple cider has been my go to for the last few months for the ultimate comfort, but that's during the work day. After is usually a soda. I am never one to have alcohol just because.

3)  Whine - What's your least favorite thing about life right now? I think quarantine is finally getting to me. I think going to therapy is partly to blame because I'm trying to face these things in my life while also being stuck at home when everyone else is also anxious and stressed about the state of the world.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • edited April 2020
    Win - DH and I have been at home together 24/7 since 3/13 and we are getting along just fine. No fighting or getting on each others' nerves yet, which is amazing to me. ETA: Also very grateful for my ginger hair. I'm the only one of my friends not freaking out about her gray roots right now. :D 
    Wine -  I love my wine on Friday evenings! I tend to drink different kinds seasonally. Can't decide if that's quirky or not! Fall and winter I tend to go for chardonnay and reds, while spring and summer I go for rose and sauvignon blanc. When I don't want alcohol or I'm in the TWW, I mix cranberry juice and lime seltzer and drink it in a martini or wine glass. And of course tea is good any time, anywhere! Harney & Sons tea makes a blend called New England Breakfast that has a slight maple flavor. Sooo delish!
    Whine - The views on the pandemic being expressed by some of my family members is scaring the hell out of me right now. Like someone said something and my jaw hit the floor. 
  • Win - DH was able to go back to work full time this week, so that is a blessing! Our 9 year dating anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks, and it blows my mind! We started dating when I was 17, and he was 20, it’s crazy to think we’ve spent this much time together. ♥️

Wine - my go to is Pinot Grigio, Or Pinot noir, but I’m trying to keep my pearly whites! I dont like to keep hard liquor in the house. But if I do, it’s a vodka cranberry, or a gin and tonic! My regulars are water or un-sweet tea though! 

Whine - definitely this covid and TTC. I’m ready to see my friends, and not be stuck at the house. &
    TW LC: This will be my last baby so I’m trying to enjoy the process, but it’s hard. END TW
  • 1) Win - What's a small (or big) win you've had recently? I've mentioned it in a couple of the daily threads already but I'm so damn happy about it I'm posting it here too- I finished the coursework for my drug and alcohol counseling class! I still have two more of them to go before I can get my provisional license, but I'm still SO DAMN PROUD of myself! The continuing education classes are self paced which is always way harder for me than a structured (or even semi structured) class.
    2) Wine - What's your favorite drink to have/make when you've had a hard day (doesn't have to be wine)? Right now I'm not drinking in the TWW SO my current favorite is actually a lavender mockjito (lavender simple syrup, sparkling water, lime, and mint). So glad I still have all the stuff thanks to my raid of my burning man totes! 
    3) Whine - What's your least favorite thing about life right now? I feel like I'm really going to need a break between semesters for my mental health counseling classes and I'm not going to get one. We get one day between spring and summer terms. I'm honestly really upset about it.

@asf0613 definitely a big win to get stuff you've been putting off done!
    @inthewoods23 I'm glad you've been getting better at journaling but I'm so sorry you're working through so much while you're also trying to process quarantine. I know it's hard and I'm sending you lots of virtual love! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• @photographerwife happy almost anniversary! It's definitely crazy to think about how much time you've known and spent with someone! I'm also completely with you on the last part, and I know it's hard and I'm sending you so much love! Hang in there my friend! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @asf0613 that's fair, it's hard when you have to figure out what the heck to watch next!

@emeraldduchess I'll join you in the no gray roots club! Granted I only hit 31 tomorrow. My FIL has some beliefs that aren't super outrageous, but I don't think they're smart. He believes in the idea of letting people go out if they've tested negative for Covid or who aren't sick. Helloooo have you not read that soooo many cases are asymptomatic? We need to be safe about this.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @photographerwife happy almost anniversary!

@ashaislurking say it loud and say it proud! lol sometimes I feel I say the same thing over and over in excitement here but hey, we need stay positive  :)
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @asf0613 glad you’ve been able to get some things done! It’s weird how it’s like that. We did our shed a while back and thought it was going to be a HUGE job but it only took like 2 hours. 😬  it’s such a bummer when a tv show that you like ends (or a book series) hope you find something else that you like! 

@inthewoods23 I’m so proud of you for the strides you are making in therapy! It sounds like it will be good for you. If you ever decide to make boozy apple cider, it is so good! We do a fifth of fireball whiskey and just whatever premixed cider without cinnamon. mix to taste. We do it for our Christmas Eve Party and it’s always a hit! 

@emeraldduchess glad you and DH are getting along well. It’s hard when you’re together 24:7 😂 you are BLESSED with natural red hair. I’m jealous. I dye mine with henna, but my sister is a natural red head. It’s unfair. Lol I know everyone is ready to get back to normal life, but I agree that some views about opening up already are a little hasty, and dangerous. 

@ashaislurking yay! So proud of you for finishing your alcohol and drug class! Self paced classes sound hard. 😬 that lavender mockjito sounds delicious! I’m going to have to try that one! 
  • @emeraldduchess That's great you and H are getting along well! SO is out at work all day and I've wondered if we wouldn't be getting on each others' nerves more if we were in each other's faces all day every day. 
    @ashaislurking Congrats on the coursework!

1)  Win - What's a small (or big) win you've had recently?
    I've been more committed to reading novels the past couple months, it was kind of a New Year's resolution. I'm a slow reader with fiction but it really is a form of "self care" for me and I think it's good for my mental health.
    2)  Wine - What's your favorite drink to have/make when you've had a hard day (doesn't have to be wine)? A glass of red wine in cold months or rose/sauvignon blanc in summer although after staying up absurdly late (for us) last weekend and splitting a bottle of wine we've decided to stop alcohol for about a month...so I'll say hot cocoa for now!
    3)  Whine - What's your least favorite thing about life right now? Just the state of the world and all the unknowns and how public health has become a matter subject to debate! And in my personal life, trying not to complain much but bummed that our TTC plans have had to shift for some indefinite amount of time, that I'm pretty much going back to nearly two years ago and now having to pretend I still think I can get KU without help which I don't think is true anymore, and that I and everyone else here is now having to consider having a baby during a pandemic.
  • @photographerwife I've been to a little bar in our downtown area that sells hard apple cider - that tasted way better than the beer flights we had earlier in the day! I can definitely get behind boozy apple cider lol
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @whitealbum29 I'm also a pretty slow reader with fiction, mostly because I can only get through a chapter or two at a time before I have other things I need to do. Funny how I can rock my way through a textbook in no time flat but it takes me a couple months to read a fiction book. It's definitely a scary time for everyone here, so many of us needing to shift plans or make careful considerations regarding TTGP. It impacts us all differently and I'm sending you lots of love! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @asf0613 I'm in the same boat with Schitts Creek! Only a few episodes left. Brooklyn 99 has been on my list for years, I think we're watching Ozark next though. 

@ashaislurking congrats on finishing your class! Also your drinking sounds delicious - might have to try that! 

@inthewoods23 ♥️ therapy is tough enough without a pandemic. 

Win: also getting house projects done and getting my way through a stack of books that's been sitting next to my bed forever. I made a list of house things to do at the beginning of this and thought I was nuts for putting so much on it but I'm only a few items away from finishing the list. 

Wine: makes me sick 😬 I like the taste of reds and can sometimes get away with a glass. Whiskey is my drink of choice. 

Whine: other than the current state of things... The weather here has been sunny but cold. Low 50s and lots of rain, which just adds to my sense of gloom. If I'm going to be home I want to have better weather to sit outside! 
  • @ashaislurking Same! I write nonfiction (news articles) so read a lot of that all day long and I can get all the info I need from an article super quickly, but with fiction it's so hard to focus sometimes! Even though I love it.