Trying to Get Pregnant

WTF Wednesday 4.22

What's going on today (in the world, in your life, in your head) that has you saying WTF?
TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: WTF Wednesday 4.22

• Not totally a WTF, more like an OMG but anyway...

I came across a Buzzfeed article that shows what Kylie Jenner is looking like right now with the quarantine and omfg she looks like a completely different human being with no makeup, hair extensions, and fancy clothes.

Can you imagine the amount of time she's saving by not getting so done up everyday?  :D
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 i saw that!! an entirely different human being.  under normal circumstances i do wear a decent amount of makeup but i dont think it changes my appearance THAT much.  its like sorcery!
  • Loading the player...
  • @asf0613 you’re lucky! I’m a natural blonde so I have super clear eyelashes and eyebrows. I look like a naked mole rat compared to what I do with makeup. 😬😂 
  • @asf0613 I was like, oh shit, she actually looks like a teenager for once lol. And frankly I thought she looked pretty cute without everything on! My normal makeup is mainly concealer, foundation, setting powder, and mascara with the occasional use of eyeliner so I never look too different with and without makeup. Some people really go all out with the eyeshadow and that really changes the look of the face.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @photographerwife @inthewoods23 i wear a full face but the eyeshadow is something i can never get right!! the blending and contouring is just exhausting!  i love when i have a formal event to and can justify getting my makeup done!
  • @asf0613 yeah I can never make myself not feel like a raccoon when I do eyeshadow. However... I had some samples of eyeshadow from Mary Kay that I used when a friend got married and damn did my eyes look good. It was 3 colors - lavender, deep purple, and black (or a very dark charcoal). I took pics for DH with my lips slightly parted and my hair up in my hair and I got so mad when our friend commented on the photo because dammit that pic was for DH only!!! The one time I definitely looked like a bombshell.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 she is super cute without it but I definitely side eye the no shoes or socks to go to a store and get snacks... 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @stillcozy haha I definitely noticed that but didn't think about what that meant! Maybe someone else went into the store for her? 🤷‍♀️
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I saw that pic of Kylie Jenner too, so crazy! It actually really makes me think people are too quick to say celebs have gotten tons of plastic surgery, because obviously makeup can transform someone's look pretty drastically if Kylie looks like that with a bare face. 

I miss having places to wear makeup right now and I definitely do mine on days I have Zoom meetings for work or with friends. I like to think I'm pretty decent at doing makeup, but eyeshadow eludes me as well so it's the one thing I never wear.
  • @the_most_happy that reminds me that I didn't put any makeup on for my OB appointment, but it didn't matter anyway because they provided me with a disposable paper mask while I was there. It hid all my unevenness haha. I will say though, the few times I've put makeup on to go out during this quarantine, I felt a sense of happiness. Kind of the similar feeling you get when you finally put normal clothes on after you've been home sick for a few days in just your PJs.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 thank you for sharing that! I went and looked it up because I hadn't seen it and wow! She does look different but she looks more like herself from when she was a teenager so I second @the_most_happy in that I don't think she has had as much plastic surgery as people like to believe. 

I wear a full face normally and it does really change my appearance I think. I have nonexistent eyebrows and eyelashes so brows and mascara are a must. I also have really bad dark under eyes so I actually do wear eye shadow every day because otherwise my eye lids look much lighter than my under eyes and it looks more noticeable. My go to everyday eye shadows are in the tarte tartelette in bloom pallet. A neutral brown in the crease and shimmer on the inner corner/lid and done. Super quick.  
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• My WTF today is I tweaked my back bending down to pet the dog. When did I get old?

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @linzrunz oh no! DH is like that too... actually he's been feeling like an old man for the last week. He tweaked it doing who knows what.

@krash_ I always have the redness around my nostrils so concealer is always a must there for me. If I do eyeshadow I've always been super basic with the light lid color and darker color in the crease and the outer corner. I can't do anything fancy to save my life lol. And I thank my luck stars every day that I'm a brunette because I can't imagine needing to fill in light colored eyebrows every day because I don't stop touching my face!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I saw that same picture of Kylie and couldn't believe it was the same person. I thought she looked much happier too without so much make up. Also didn't realize she was going to buy snacks, wtf? 

My wtf is boring today. I went for a run and saw someone standing in a crosswalk to cross the street and no cars were stopping for him. I was definitely yelling and waving at the cars. Seriously, there are like 5 cars in the road when normal rush hour is bumper to bumper,  where are you going that you're in such a rush?