Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 4/22

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Wednesday 4/22

• Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 29/13? (I think it’s 10)

Timing: good either way

Typical LP length: 12ish

Testing: this weekend

R/R: I was so busy yesterday that I never got a chance to check in here! Today is a paperwork day, so it should be nice and calm. I’ve been doing such a good job about ignoring FF since I think it calculated my O date wrong, but it’s going to be a long stretch to get all the way to the weekend without testing!! I keep telling myself that waiting until the weekend is not going to change the outcome if FF happens to be right, but if it’s wrong and I test too early it could make me sad. The mind games we have to play with ourselves while trying to get KU haha!

CS/Q: 

• @runningoncookies I hope your paperwork day isn't too bad! Looking at your chart I think 10DPO might be a bit more accurate than 13, and that would still put you well within range of your LH surge triggering O. Your coverage is definitely spot on either way! Fingers crossed so hard for you!

Month/Cycle: 5/5 (3 unbenched)
    CD/DPO: 27/10
    Timing: -3, -1, 0
    Typical LP length: 14 days
    Testing: WFAF
    R/R: I finished my drug and alcohol counseling coursework yesterday and the final exam for the class SUCKED to get through. I'm glad I know I'm still going to pass even if I bombed the exam. The essay questions were really weird and all over the place, and a few of the items on the exam referred back to assessment measures that were normed per the DSM-III diagnostic criteria (when we've since gone through the III-R, IV, IV-TR, and are now on to the DSM-5). That makes me seriously wonder how long it's been since this class was actually updated. Even my professor in some of her comments to me looked at the course material and said it needed to be updated. Hopefully that changes soon.
    CS/Q: Nope

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Loading the player...
  • *lurking from WTO* @runningoncookies I also think you are more likely 10dpo based on CM and OPK, but either way your chart looks awesome, crossing all the things for you!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @runningoncookies your chart is kind like mine where FF has such a low coverline. I have read that the coverline means nothing anyway. It's arbitrary. My Flo app just does the vertical line for O day. I can see why FF would think you're 13dpo because of your OPKs and there is a good temp jump the day after their perceived O date.

@ashaislurking that sounds like a nightmare-ish exam! I recall in a chemistry class or maybe one of my engineering classes where one of the questions was like, a step beyond what we learned, like somehow we were supposed to be able to deduce how to figure out the problem. It was dumb, I hate when they have things like that on exams. Stuff that's not exactly taught in class or even was from a previous chapter/unit.

Month/Cycle: month 34

CD/DPO: 47/7 or 5 depending on the app

Timing: 0,+1,+3 or -2,-1,+1

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: if at all, May 2nd

R/R: yesterday was rough, but things feel much better today. I have my appointment with my OB at noon to have the lump checked (FX it's not serious) and then my therapy appointment in the evening. Also my birthday is tomorrow and I really want to be a goof and find something I can bring on camera during work and our next robotics meeting so I can do a little "happy birthday to me!" thing. A GF and DF cupcake would be great, but I'm not sure we have any candles to light either! Darn it lol

CS/Q: only once or twice has my chart ever predicted that I O'ed before the last positive OPK so I don't think I'm 7dpo. It has to be 5 or 6dpo. Glad to see my temp bump back up!

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @runningoncookies fingers crossed for you that you hold out til the weekend and that its good news!! and enjoy the low-key day!

@ashaislurking yay on finishing up everything!  nice to know that you are pretty much lined up to pass regardless of the weird exam.  so whats next in your schooling tenure from here?

@inthewoods23 (replying to yesterday) i'm sure articulating exactly how things affect you is hard so a mediator makes sense and can maybe put it in terms he understands.  but i'm glad the day turned around for you guys and hopefully today is great :)

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 20/6

Timing: -5,-1, +2

Typical LP length: tbd

Testing: holding off

R/R: so the workshop reorg is coming along.  we pulled everything out and were about to start putting everything back in , nice and organized with new tool chests.  however now DH has decided he wants to drywall instead of leaving the framing bare, so the project just became a little more involved.  he has officially signed on our contractor friend who has been quarantining for the past two weeks to do the drywalling for us.  i've decided to allow it on the basis that he adheres to social distancing when not in our home and wears a mask, to which he has agreed. he did our basement and den as well so i'm sure it will come out great.

CS/Q: 

• @inthewoods23 it's so weird to learn about the DSM-5 criteria for everything in my mental health counseling classes, and even owning the DSM-5 to reference, and reverting back to outdated sources for a continuing ed class. When I write my course feedback form I'm definitely mentioning it. I'm really glad today is better and that you're getting in to your OB and therapist today. I hope your appointments go well! I'll be thinking about you!
    @asf0613 I still have two more LADC classes to go to get my provisional license (technically I only -NEED- one more, but I want to gain proficiency). I also have 7 more quarters in my mental health counseling program before I can get provisionally licensed as a mental health practitioner BUT I do get to start my practicum and internship hours in December which is exciting! I've already been accepted to an AMAZING local agency for my hours. I still have quite a bit of schooling to go, but every class completed is a huge victory for me! I used to REALLY struggle with online classes (lack of motivation, unstructured classes, etc.) so doing an entirely online grad program terrified me! I'm glad your workshop is coming along nicely! I hope you post photos when it's done! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• @ashaislurking yes i'd imagine online courses are challening to keep up with especially on more intricate material.  i remember always half-assing my online ones in college and didnt really get much out of them.  sounds like a crazy amount of work but the fact you are so passionate about it should help it go quickly!
  • @ashaislurking that exam sounds seriously tough! But at least it’s over now and you know that you did well in the class regardless!

@inthewoods23 Yea the low coverline is so weird! Our charts really are oddly similar haha! Mine out my O date before my last positive OPK too. It’s like, even though I know it’s probably wrong it still tests my willpower to see that 13 dpo today! Good luck at your appointment today! 

@asf0613 that sounds like quite the project! It’ll be good to have some help, and it’s nice that you already know he does a good job!
  • @asf0613 The motivation to do it definitely comes from the passion for the work! The undergrad classes I took online were world regional geography and art history. There's no wonder I didn't do well with those!
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @runningoncookies right? like don't we wish we were further along in our dpo so we can test sooner? lol
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 that's great news! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @inthewoods23 what a relief!!! great news
  • new update - apparently I need to do both a mammogram and ultrasound lol. It was funny because my OB definitely mentioned how the radiology department can't make up their mind which should be done first so he only added the ultrasound to the system. I have both scheduled for a week from now. My mind is at ease for now though.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 i think that's a good sign!  i like when doctors are thorough with testing, but it does seem like he is just doing it as a precaution (like to absolve himself as opposed to genuine concern for something serious).  either way thinking of you!