Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday - 4/21

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Our TTC Journey
TTC #1: May 2011
BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
Me: 36 | DH: 39
Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

Re: TWW Tuesday - 4/21

• Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 19/5

Timing: -5, -1, +2

Typical LP length: unsure

Testing: holding off as long as possible

R/R: went grocery shopping for DH's parents yesterday (they're in their 70s and wisely staying home).  store was pretty much empty (food/people) but i got what they needed and a few things for us as well.  so that was my big outing of the week!  as my rant, working from home is so challenging.  my team that i lead isn't used to it and i had a client complain to me that one of my girls was being a little sloppy with some data/scheduling.  its tough because i understand its hard to be working alone from home but also there isn't so much going on and taking an extra minute to double check details isn't a lot to ask.  i just have a hard time giving the criticism (the client went over her head to reach out to me), so i'm brainstorming the best way to give it constructively.

CS/Q:next month i'm definitely going to try out FF (god willing i wont be here but in the event i am).  i think it would be helpful to have that temp cover line, and i know i have to be better about temping at a more consistent time.  I've been doing it within an hour of "waking" but sometimes i toss and turn for a bit rather than when i actually open my eyes for the first time. i do feel good about our timing though!

• @asf0613 WFH is certainly different. Would it help if you do a weekly check in with each person that you lead to make sure things aren't slipping to much? I know we can't expect the same productivity as when everyone is in the office though.

Month/Cycle: month 34

CD/DPO: 46/6 or 4

Timing: Either 0,+1,+3 or -2,-1,+1

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: Maybe May 1st?

R/R: DH and I got in a fight this morning. So my mood is pretty sour. I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow to get the lump checked and my next therapy appointment tomorrow evening. I started reading a book, The Highly Sensitive Person. Still struggling on that topic. It's hard to always be misunderstood even though this trait is quite common (15-20%).

CS/Q: My temps keep going down every day. I guess I shouldn't be surprised if this cycle is really wonky!

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @asf0613 Sounds like your team is having a really rough time with the WFH transition right now. I think acknowledging with your team members that yes this is a difficult time for everyone but we still all need to make a reasonable effort to keep things running smoothly will help them see that you're feeling what they're feeling and while you're not expecting 100% productivity things do still need to get done.
    @inthewoods23 I'm sorry that you're struggling right now. Are there any little things you can do between now and your therapy appointment to re-center (crafting, baking, soaking in the tub, meditation, yoga, etc.). Hang in there my friend. All of this is temporary. I'm here if you need to chat.

Month/Cycle: 5/5 (3 unbenched)
    CD/DPO: 26/9
    Timing: -3, -1, 0
    Typical LP length: 14 days
    Testing: WFAF
    R/R: Logged into my online course forum this morning to check out the course assignments for the week. Turns out my ethics professor isn't all that fond of cats and said "you're a bad kitty" to his cat several times during his video for the week. It was honestly pretty hilarious and a much needed break from writing my ethics paper for my drug and alcohol counseling class. I'm about halfway done with this paper and it's just so boring and dry that I'm beyond done with it at this point. I just want to be done with the class. Fingers crossed I'm able to submit the rest of my assignments for it today.
    CS/Q: Not temping during the TWW this time

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @asf0613 we have been having twice weekly huddles as a team and we all have to go over our list of current projects/to do's and where we are and if we need help. I have found it good to keep me accountable so I can report out that I have made progress each meeting. It keeps me from procrastinating and then rushing and making mistakes. It might be good to address it as a team and not single her out. We are all trying to balance a lot right now so mistakes and delays should be expected but not habitually. 
    @inthewoods23 sorry about the fight with YH. It is particularly tough right now because you have to see them right away and can't go off to work to have your own space but I also think it has helped us address issues right away and not let stuff stew. 
    @ashaislurking I wish the cat would have made an appearance! That would have been hilarious!

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 17/2

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0, & 1

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: waiting til 5/1

R/R: went and got a car wash today and stopped at Caribou for a drink. It was a nice treat and good to get out of the house. It's amazing how dirty the car gets just sitting in the driveway. I think all the pollen is collecting on it. Rant - I took my DHA prenatal this morning, I don't take it all the time but thought I would for this TWW and I have been burping sushi all morning  :s

CS/Q: nothing exciting 

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @inthewoods23 sorry about YH.  hopefully you have something to occupy your mind from that and the appointment tomorrow. do you find that DH doesnt understand your sensitivity? might have to give him some homework and have him read along
    @ashaislurking i love when pets make appearances on video calls! good luck finishing your paper!
    @krash_ ugh i need a car wash too!  however its torrentially downpouring here today so that will help a little.  ha to google Caribou we dont have those by us.  how do you find it compares to dunkin/starbucks?
  • @asf0613 No, he definitely doesn't understand. He doesn't understand anyone being emotional. Like there are better things to be done with emotional energy than crying and being upset. I can probably count on 1 hand how many times I've seen him cry too.

@krash_ well at least the cars can get spruced up.... unlike us because all the salons and spas are closed! lol

@ashaislurking I'm not sure what I can do. I tend to feel down for a long period of time. Like I won't want to accomplish anything for the rest of the day because it was really hurtful to me. And trying to talk to DH about it is like talking to a wall, he absorbs none of it.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 im sorry to hear that.  it is tough when someone processes things completely differently than you do, and with no real space right now to let it simmer down correctly.  if YH is like mine, within a day he completely moves on from arguing (even though id prefer to talk it out).
  • @krash_ the cat totally made an appearance. It was glorious. Sorry about the sushi burps, but I'm glad you got some self-care and car-care in today!
    @asf0613 I managed to finish both of my papers and my final exam for that class. Now I just need to wait for my grades. Fingers crossed! I'm so glad to be done.
    @inthewoods23 I'm so sorry you don't have someone there to listen in an empathetic way. That definitely makes it hard, and struggling to bounce back from things that are hurtful is definitely difficult to deal with. I'm sending you lots of virtual love!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @asf0613 we are actually okay now, and were by lunchtime. My gesture of pomegranate black tea with milk seemed to help, even though he asked if the hot water had been poisoned :/ . I think he's starting to be a little more understanding though because 1, I'm trying to be more communicative about my issues, problems, and emotions and 2, I'm finally in therapy - even though he was against it at first! At some point I hope to have him join me because I think we need a mediator to get us to where we really need to be with supporting each other's needs.

@ashaislurking thanks!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause