1st Trimester
Options

F

Re: F

• Options
    All images deleted due to privacy concerns!!!!

I know it’s early but do you think boy or girl!? 
    Please delete the pics, your full name is given AND your birthday! Complete security issue and stranger danger. 

Second, you really think that you can determine the sex of a baby by side profile? These pics do not show anything. Plus 11 weeks no way can determine the sex of a kid, 20 weeks is optimal.  Please spare your child and do not post the crotch shits after the 20 week ultrasound, either.  We are not trained ultrasound techs.  Leave the determination to the experts.

Please practice internet safety and patience to find the sex if the child.  
  • Options
    There is absolutely no way anyone could tell from those pictures the sex of your baby. You don’t even have the nub in there, which I know some sonographers are comfortable using for sex determination but I don’t believe in it myself. 

If you are truly so desperate to find out sex and can’t wait until your anatomy scan, you can see if there’s a elective ultrasound place around you and go between 15 and 16 weeks. I’m almost 15 weeks and could tell Sunday at 14 weeks that baby definitely has a penis. I would probably not have been as comfortable to call it a girl that early since it is on the early side but will 100 percent say boy that early. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    alarry1986alarry1986 member
    edited April 2020
    I agree about privacy. You are both so rude. She asked for a guess. She obviously knows we wont be able to tell her. Scroll past if you cant be nice. 
  • Options
    alarry1986alarry1986 member
    edited April 2020
    I know it’s early but do you think boy or girl!? 

Just a guess and that's all I would say girl. I see a nub but shots not a good position. These pics are not very east to tell.
  • Options
    calliah said:
    There is absolutely no way anyone could tell from those pictures the sex of your baby. You don’t even have the nub in there, which I know some sonographers are comfortable using for sex determination but I don’t believe in it myself. 

If you are truly so desperate to find out sex and can’t wait until your anatomy scan, you can see if there’s a elective ultrasound place around you and go between 15 and 16 weeks. I’m almost 15 weeks and could tell Sunday at 14 weeks that baby definitely has a penis. I would probably not have been as comfortable to call it a girl that early since it is on the early side but will 100 percent say boy that early. 
    Why would you waste your money to an elective ultrasound at 15/16 weeks when things are not completely developed yet (at a place where the equipment is unregulated and exposing your kid to more frequencies than necessary). 

I've known people who get the wrong determination and it was changed at a 20 week ultrasound (when things are developed enough to give the best determination).  They were ticked that their money was wasted, because baby was born what was said at the 20 week ultrasound. 

Just wait until the 20 week ultrasound where you have medical professionals doing the scan iwith regulated equipment, and the body parts are developed to tell the best determination.  

I agree about privacy. You are both so rude. She asked for a guess. She obviously knows we wont be able to tell her. Scroll past if you cant be nice. 
    Um, fine my guess is that it's a 50% chance that it's a girl.  There is a 50% chance I am wrong, so it could be a boy.  Therefore I am 100% correct. 
  • Options
    calliah said:

Why would you waste your money to an elective ultrasound at 15/16 weeks when things are not completely developed yet (at a place where the equipment is unregulated and exposing your kid to more frequencies than necessary). 

I've known people who get the wrong determination and it was changed at a 20 week ultrasound (when things are developed enough to give the best determination).  They were ticked that their money was wasted, because baby was born what was said at the 20 week ultrasound. 

Just wait until the 20 week ultrasound where you have medical professionals doing the scan iwith regulated equipment, and the body parts are developed to tell the best determination.  

Um, fine my guess is that it's a 50% chance that it's a girl.  There is a 50% chance I am wrong, so it could be a boy.  Therefore I am 100% correct. 
    I disagree that the genitals are not fully developed at 15/16 weeks. If it can’t be determined then it’s usually due to scanner incompetence or fetal position.

Also disagree with “exposing to more frequencies”. Ultrasound is proven safe for a developing fetus. I scanned my son once or twice a week. He’s perfectly fine. As long as the probe is not held in the same spot for hours, it’s fine. And one would assume she’s not having long ultrasounds weekly so it really poses no harm

I do agree that these elective places are usually staffed by untrained scanners and not certified sonographers. So odds of them being wrong are high. I personally would not go to one but some people just can’t wait and if they want to waste their money then I suppose I don’t care 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
  • Options
    calliah said:
    calliah said:

I disagree that the genitals are not fully developed at 15/16 weeks. If it can’t be determined then it’s usually due to scanner incompetence or fetal position.

Also disagree with “exposing to more frequencies”. Ultrasound is proven safe for a developing fetus. I scanned my son once or twice a week. He’s perfectly fine. As long as the probe is not held in the same spot for hours, it’s fine. And one would assume she’s not having long ultrasounds weekly so it really poses no harm

I do agree that these elective places are usually staffed by untrained scanners and not certified sonographers. So odds of them being wrong are high. I personally would not go to one but some people just can’t wait and if they want to waste their money then I suppose I don’t care 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    You got ultrasounds once or twice a week???  I do not believe that one bit - unless you spent a crap ton of money going to a boutique.  I have no words for that.  

Medical professionals complete the ANATOMY scan at 20 week for a specific reason and that's because all vital organs are MOST developed by then and baby is not too big yet.  Anatomy scans are done as close to the 20 week more for a reason. 

• Options
    calliah said:
    calliah said:

You got ultrasounds once or twice a week???  I do not believe that one bit - unless you spent a crap ton of money going to a boutique.  I have no words for that.  

Medical professionals complete the ANATOMY scan at 20 week for a specific reason and that's because all vital organs are MOST developed by then and baby is not too big yet.  Anatomy scans are done as close to the 20 week more for a reason. 

No, I did not have ultrasounds 1 or 2 times a week. I scanned myself 1 or 2 times a week. I’m an ultrasound technologist. I suppose I left that out. 
  • Options
    calliah said:
    calliah said:
    calliah said:

No, I did not have ultrasounds 1 or 2 times a week. I scanned myself 1 or 2 times a week. I’m an ultrasound technologist. I suppose I left that out. 
    You just said you scanned yourself 1-2 times a week, you gave yourself an ultrasound 1-2 times a week? WOW!!!  I'm stopping there........ 
  • Options
    Wow, an ultrasound tech who doesn't even know the science? What you're doing to yourself does not sound like "prudent use" to me. If you want to do that, more power to you and everyone can make their own choice, but everyone should be fully informed that your stance is against the current science. 

From the FDA (bolding mine): https://www.fda.gov/radiation-emitting-products/medical-imaging/ultrasound-imaging

"Although ultrasound imaging is generally considered safe when used prudently by appropriately trained health care providers, ultrasound energy has the potential to produce biological effects on the body. Ultrasound waves can heat the tissues slightly. In some cases, it can also produce small pockets of gas in body fluids or tissues (cavitation). The long-term consequences of these effects are still unknown. Because of the particular concern for effects on the fetus, organizations such as the American Institute of Ultrasound in MedicineExternal Link Disclaimer disclaimer iconhave advocated prudent use of ultrasound imaging in pregnancy. Furthermore, the use of ultrasound solely for non-medical purposes such as obtaining fetal ‘keepsake’ videos has been discouraged. Keepsake images or videos are reasonable if they are produced during a medically-indicated exam, and if no additional exposure is required."

And also from that same page. 

"While ultrasound is generally considered to be safe with very low risks, the risks may increase with unnecessary prolonged exposure to ultrasound energy, or when untrained users operate the device."
  • Options
    🙄 I scan myself for 2 minutes tops every few days. You will find that a lot of techs do because it is safe for baby. I’m not sitting there looking at baby for hours a day. I was probably overestimating, I looked less after I could feel him move more often. I work in a career where I see numerous losses and problems and it ramps up my anxiety and peeking at baby occasionally helps with that. 

Bio effects happen when the probe is held in one place for too long, possibly causing tissue heating. I also never use pulse wave Doppler which a lot of OBs will use even though the FDA and the AIUM say not to use because it is too much power for the fetal heart. 

I learned in school that ultrasound is perfectly safe for the developing fetus and I fully believe that. 
  • Options
    calliah said:
    🙄 I scan myself for 2 minutes tops every few days. You will find that a lot of techs do because it is safe for baby. I’m not sitting there looking at baby for hours a day. I was probably overestimating, I looked less after I could feel him move more often. I work in a career where I see numerous losses and problems and it ramps up my anxiety and peeking at baby occasionally helps with that. 

Bio effects happen when the probe is held in one place for too long, possibly causing tissue heating. I also never use pulse wave Doppler which a lot of OBs will use even though the FDA and the AIUM say not to use because it is too much power for the fetal heart. 

I learned in school that ultrasound is perfectly safe for the developing fetus and I fully believe that. 
    It's safe when done only when medically necessary, NOT FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES.  
  • Options
    calliah said:

It's safe when done only when medically necessary, NOT FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES.  
    What happen to agree to disagree? No need for such aggressive mannerism. You provided facts, and she did away with them. Carry on while she knows whatever risks you’ve pointed out. Not sure why the profanity and aggression needs to continue just because she doesn’t agree. 

Just breathe, and move on to another thread you don’t find so aggravating....