All trimester Check-in April 13

31magnolia31magnolia member
edited April 2020 in Pregnant after IF
Hi Everyone! 
  • How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: Do you feel this social distancing has brought you closer together as a family (and you're enjoying it) or are you wishing for the day you or your significant other could go back to work? Lol. 

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling!!

@emmasemm EDD 3/7 (girl)

@celticknotfire EDD 2/27

@ivfsurvivor EDD 3/3

@love112314 EDD 3/9

@sincethelastday EDD 3/9 (boy)

@bluguitarhannah EDD 7/1 (girl)

@caitiemae EDD 1/30 (boy)

@akak23 EDD 3/27 (boy)

@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 4/4 (boy)

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@laurajon2015 EDD 3/25

@jolo1241 EDD 2/2 (girl)

@hanshotfirst77 EDD 6/21 (girl)

@knockupthestock EDD 7/23

@cirrra EDD 8/4

@wildrainbow EDD 8/16 (Boy)

@angelina1919 EDD 7/29

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8

@businesswife EDD 8/21

@31magnolia EDD 9/8

@artemis618 EDD 9/2 (Boy)

@mtpbadger ???

Re: All trimester Check-in April 13

• Options
    Ha! Has everyone given up on checking in?? I'll put mine out there. 

• How far along/EDD? 19w
    • How are you feeling this week? Great now that I have my pregnancy pillow and am on Zyrtec!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Raves - The pregnancy pillow is amazing. I didn't like it the first night I tried it because it was making me sweat. But I did notice that I didn't have to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I also didn't have my usual aches and pains getting up in the morning. I've used it for three nights now and I can admit that I definitely sleep better with it! Only problem is it messes up my snuggle time with SO. :)
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next Tuesday is the AS. I can't wait!
    • GTKY: Do you feel this social distancing has brought you closer together as a family (and you're enjoying it) or are you wishing for the day you or your significant other could go back to work? Lol.  So far we're OK. We also have enough space that we can go into separate rooms or in the backyard. I think we may be  a little more used to being together all the time, since we were in the same department, carpool, etc., so it's not that big of a change for us. I get testy sometimes, but I think that has to do with just being pregnant in general. 

I seriously hope everyone is doing OK out there. It's been quiet here lately. 
  • Options
    Thanks @31magnolia for getting this started!
    • How far along/EDD? 9w5d-ish. Est due date around 11/12/20 for now. Will know more in a few weeks if that changes at all
    • How are you feeling this week? Still exhausted but not as nauseous. Had a little spotting earlier today so anxiety is bit higher but I know it’s totally normal and I felt a lot of stretching yesterday so assuming that’s why. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Raves - I am anxious for my OB appt! With my daughter, I don’t think I went more than 2-3 weeks the first few months without an appt/us and now realizing how spoiled I was! Been waking up the last few nights, not sure if I’m waking up to pee or I’m just peeing bc I’m up Lol  I’m also dying to tell family but want to wait to make sure everything is progressing okay
    • Any upcoming appointments? First OB appt is May 1. Seems SO far away!!
    • GTKY: Do you feel this social distancing has brought you closer together as a family (and you're enjoying it) or are you wishing for the day you or your significant other could go back to work? Depends on the day lol! Overall I’m enjoying spending the time together and extra time with our daughter but we live in a 2 bedroom condo so it’s ALOT of togetherness. I so wish for a backyard right now! I’m so tired that I’m glad DH is home (mostly, he just got informed he’ll have to go into his office every other week) and he’s been great picking up the slack with everything. His work is also a lot more flexible than mine so he’s able to get outside randomly during the day which is nice for me to get some alone time
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 23+3/Aug 4 Eviction Date!
    • How are you feeling this week? Soooo lazy. This shelter in place order is not only making me physically lazy, making my brain and finger tips lazy too. Hence less motivation to comment on TB. lol
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? This Saturday is week 24 and the baby will reach viability! That was fast! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next Tuesday is my ob appt. a bit nervous leaving the house for the first time in a month. 
    • GTKY: Do you feel this social distancing has brought you closer together as a family (and you're enjoying it) or are you wishing for the day you or your significant other could go back to work? Lol. I think we are enjoying it so far. It’s rare to spend this much time with our son and it’s nice to be able to do this before his sister comes along for sure. I don’t mind having my SO around working from home, but it’ll be nice if I could send my son off to his daycare once in a while. I get no work done (thank goodness work is slow anyway). 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 8+6
    • How are you feeling this week? Really tired with waves of nausea throughout the day. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? None today
    • Any upcoming appointments? My first OB appointment is April 28th. 
    • GTKY: Do you feel this social distancing has brought you closer together as a family (and you're enjoying it) or are you wishing for the day you or your significant other could go back to work? Lol.  My husband and I are both still working, so it hasn’t affected us too much. I miss seeing my parents, brother, niece, and nephew!
  • Options
    @31magnolia Which pregnancy pillow did you get? 
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 - I got the Queen Rose pillow. Love the pillow. Hate the pillow case. It just makes me run hot. So now I have the AC set to 70 and the ceiling fan on high, plus I only sleep with the sheet. My poor SO is freezing! Lol. He told me today he's going to start sleeping with a t-shirt. 
    What line of work are you and your husband in? 

@cashewchicken - YAY! You're 24 weeks is around the corner! I feel you on the physical and mental laziness. The doctor keeps telling me this trimester is when I get my energy back and I feel the best. Yeah... I'm not feeling it yet! Yeah, I don't feel nauseated or completely exhausted like I did in the first tri. But I still don't have any energy or motivation to do anything. And everything aches! lol. 

@mtpbadger - The condo with a toddler has to be a little difficult. Has she gotten antsy yet? That is nice that YH's job is flexible. Flexibility is definitely needed right now!

• Options

@31magnolia – Thanks for this week’s check in :)  And I agree with you, the pregnancy pillow sooner or later is a must.  I started using it occasionally ~12 weeks, but now at 25w is part of my pj’s.

· How far along/EDD? 25w – Jul 29th

· How are you feeling this week? Everything is good, except for the heartburn.  It turned from mild to really bad in the last few days.  I had GERD before this pregnancy, and had a few episodes earlier, but now is most of the day and really bad at night.  Trying to manage it through diet changes/frequency/amounts of food, and it is kind of helping.  On my next appointment I will check if there is something, other than Tums/Mylanta, I can take.

· Rants/Raves? Questions?  I had a high risk Dr appointment last week and baby is doing great…but, once again my uterus is giving us new surprises.  They found another large fibroid, so now it is 2.  Fortunately both are on the side and not on the way of the incision (programmed c-section due to recent surgeries to clean up endo and remove a fibroid).  The other thing was that the technician had a very hard time getting a full picture of the placenta…it is still located towards the side, so again no placenta previa and away from the incision, but she had to call the Dr because of the baby’s position it was hard to see how close to the cervix it was.  The Dr ended up, basically grabbing my belly with 2 hands and moving the baby up so she could have the ultrasound probe closer to my cervix….it was painful at the time and for a couple of days.  I will go back in 4 weeks for another ultrasound.

· Any upcoming appointments? Regular OB appointment on Friday 04/17. 

· GTKY: Do you feel this social distancing has brought you closer together as a family (and you're enjoying it) or are you wishing for the day you or your significant other could go back to work? Lol.   Oh we are closer than ever! I work remotely so I am used to be by myself and it has definitely been an adjustment but is not that bad.  Also he is helping a lot with chores in the house and he is busy too, so we basically meet to share meals and he is back from work at 5:00 instead of 6:00 or 7:00.

• Options
    Oh hello there. I feel sorta funny about this, but I am technically pregnant so hopping over to this board!

How far along/EDD? 4 weeks exactly. I think EDD is Dec 24. 

· How are you feeling this week? I had a lot of cramping which prompted me to test, but that was a few days ago. Today I am a little lightheaded, nothing bad. 

· Rants/Raves? Questions?  Ummm so some of you may know me from years ago. I had a surprise natural conception after failed FET. Turns out the same thing JUST happened again, which is mind-blowing to me. I had a failed FET in February....and I just got a pos pregnancy test a few days ago. Totally natural, because I have had to put FET on hold bc of COVID. 

· Any upcoming appointments? Tomorrow will be my second beta. My first beta was at 13 DPO (estimated bc idk when I really did O)...my first beta was 71. So, fingers crossed for me that it's a solid higher number tomorrow. Then I wait around for weeks on end before I go check to see if there is a heartbeat. 

GTKY: Do you feel this social distancing has brought you closer together as a family (and you're enjoying it) or are you wishing for the day you or your significant other could go back to work? I do feel like we are closer than ever, but I ALSO miss interaction with other ppl!

***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• Options
    @omarismyhomeboy OMG! I’m so excited for you! I can’t believe that happened twice! FX for a great second beta!

@31magnolia Thanks for the pillow info! There are so many out there, it’s hard to know which kind to pick. I am a veterinarian and my husband works for a company that does resets for grocery stores.
  • Options
    @omarismyhomeboy welcome and congrats! I’m in the same boat as you and I can’t even imagine it happening twice!! 
  • Options
    @angelina1919 - I wish I'd gotten the pillow earlier! lol. I've also started to get heart burn this past week. Let me know what works for her. I had GERD many many years ago. But haven't had a problem in about 15 years. Now it's daily, mild but daily. 

@omarismyhomeboy - Congrats! I also had a surprise natural conception waiting to start IVF#3! FX for your second beta! :)

@vetgirl2011 - I guess I should have guessed your occupation by your username. Lol. I've even gotten used to the fabric of the pillow case now. But yes, there are so many of them out there!
  • Options
    @omarismyhomeboy - Welcome! such a great story!! 
    @31magnolia - Talked to my OB and he said to get prepared as this is most likely to get a lot worst in the next 4-5 weeks as the baby grows and keeps pushing my stomach closer to my esophagus.  Then he said it will get better as the belly lowers.  He said Nexium is safe, he said to start with just 7 days and see how things go -normally the treatment is 14 days-.  Now, something else I read and its kind of helping is chewing gum right after lunch and dinner for ~30 minutes.  The extra saliva will help keeping the acid from coming up.  GL!
  • Options
    cashewchickencashewchicken member
    edited April 2020
    @omarismyhomeboy Congrats and welcome!! It’s amazing that you were able to conceive twice naturally after failed FETs. Maybe something about the FET makes you more fertile? Human body’s amazing. 

All this pregnancy pillow talk made me realize I really need to wash the covers and use them! I have two, one is the Queen Rose brand and the other one is a C shaped one. I bought the Queen Rose one first, but earlier in my first pregnancy I kept falling right down in the middle of it, found myself lying flat on my back. So then I got the c-shaped one but I think I eventually gone back to using the Queen Rose one towards the end of my first pregnancy where I was large enough that I didn’t roll on my back anymore. 

I spent this weekend buying some baby clothes and a couple of nursing dresses that I can wear when I leave the hospital. I have some baby clothes saved from my son, but wanted to get something just for my baby girl too. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET